Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 11: Glacial Hammer/Elemental Proliferation Duelist

Some uniques are pretty affordable but otherwise? Even non-uniques are a pretty penny. Try looking for a good 6L chest now a days in the shops and see what they're going for. I have no where near that amount of exalts and I've been playing and farming for a while. It is kind of insane...
"
ventiman wrote:
"
txfirefighter wrote:
A build that is unique dependent and needs a 5 link?

:(

obtaining a 5l should never be a problem and btw till the point you need cold pen you will have a 5l

5l is itemlvl 35 so plz

catalyst 15ex
belt 1ex
ring 1 ex those are invasion rates for the uniques

Been playing for almost two years and I have found two 5-links one was an axe and the other I don't remember. I think a staff. Never found a 6 link.

He spoke of this build as something that should be no problem to play. But there is a problem. All those damn items.

15 exalts? Are you kidding me? I own 2. I don't trade and hate being forced to play the trade game.

Its a game and shit should be obtainable.

"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
I was asked to re submit my Slashzilla Soul Reaver build.
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
"
txfirefighter wrote:
Been playing for almost two years and I have found two 5-links one was an axe and the other I don't remember. I think a staff. Never found a 6 link.

He spoke of this build as something that should be no problem to play. But there is a problem. All those damn items.

15 exalts? Are you kidding me? I own 2. I don't trade and hate being forced to play the trade game.

+1
Played from Open Beta, in all that time found maybe 3 or 4 5Ls and once got insanely lucky fusing a 6L. In terms of currency, well maybe there was 7-8 exalts in all that time.
So in all that time I didn't find enough "gold" to buy even ONE required item. Not cool, definitely not cool.
Also noticed there are 2 (or 3) 20q gems, they are somewhat expensive too (1-2ex? so 3-6 ex for 3 of them?)
PS. inb4 "LTT" - fck off, pls, this game isn't about trading for me. At least in case of such build there should be plain warning in OP, something like "NOT for new players! You MUST trade to make this build playable. Avg price is NN ex".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jun 25, 2014, 4:23:45 AM
"
txfirefighter wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:
"
txfirefighter wrote:
A build that is unique dependent and needs a 5 link?

:(

obtaining a 5l should never be a problem and btw till the point you need cold pen you will have a 5l

5l is itemlvl 35 so plz

catalyst 15ex
belt 1ex
ring 1 ex those are invasion rates for the uniques

No one said you have to make this build.

Guess what, im in the same boat as you, dont like trading much and rather kill stuff to get items and craft stuff myself but oh well, my 3 ex will never be used and rot in my stash unless i cash them in for a few alchs or chaos.

Only thing we can do is have fun with what we are given and not what we see others can do because they play the trading game.

I saw a build from someone who is real low budget, as in, it only requires 1 unique item and i actually have that unique because its a fairly common one. I will try that one for sure. This one is for traders and not for me.

Have a nice day. :)

Meh. The build has very low dps even though it allocates so many offensive passives.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Absolutely amazing build. To me it's the 2nd best build of the week next to the poison trapper.

I think I can improve the passive tree though....his looked very bad...going to try a different version on my level 75 ranger for fun.
Last edited by link1313 on Jun 25, 2014, 1:56:57 PM
"

You missed the point.

Having a 5l or even a 6l would make any of my builds FUN. Real fun. Adding one extra gem can change the whole game.

Why is this reserved for hardcore/rich players?

This character looks fun but will be impossible for many because either not having or not having the means to get these rare items.

Was just pointing out a fact.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
txfirefighter wrote:
"

You missed the point.

Having a 5l or even a 6l would make any of my builds FUN. Real fun. Adding one extra gem can change the whole game.

Why is this reserved for hardcore/rich players?

This character looks fun but will be impossible for many because either not having or not having the means to get these rare items.

Was just pointing out a fact.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Well, GGG had trading in mind for POE from the beginning they made the game. Its not surprising that a build of the week requires trading to get together.
To people complaining about budget why not use bringer of rain instead? There was nothing special about the 5l armor or helm.

Bor is like 1-2 ex now? Cheaper than a decent 5l armor and helm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info