Weekend Stash Tab Bundle Sales!

"
"
VariouS wrote:
Response from GGG:

"It's intended that if you purchase a stash tab bundle that it may upgrade "remove-only" tabs into fully functioning stash tabs"

Bad for GGG, i want my money back

Why? You paid for premium tabs but you did not pay for extra normal stash tabs. Therefore you got free tabs upgraded with paid tabs. That sounds fair to me. And no they dont do refunds.

I believe you are incorrect Dirk...

In the shop it clearly says:
"Adds six extra premium tabs to your shared stash (at a discounted price)."

"...extra premium tabs..."
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 23, 2014, 11:38:47 AM
"
"
"
VariouS wrote:
Response from GGG:

"It's intended that if you purchase a stash tab bundle that it may upgrade "remove-only" tabs into fully functioning stash tabs"

Bad for GGG, i want my money back

Why? You paid for premium tabs but you did not pay for extra normal stash tabs. Therefore you got free tabs upgraded with paid tabs. That sounds fair to me. And no they dont do refunds.

I believe you are incorrect Dirk...

In the shop it clearly says:
"Adds six extra premium tabs to your shared stash (at a discounted price)."

"...extra premium tabs..."

You got 6 extra premium tabs. In no shape or form does GGG owe anyone the Remove Only tabs to stay there forever. I expect this is a bug they haven't addressed yet because they don't know what caused it but I might be wrong.

The Remove Only tabs ARE NOT free forever stash space, they are a courtesy provided by GGG to get your items from one league to another. Every single person that has 100 Remove only tabs sitting there, they refuse to clean out, is in effect exploiting the entire purpose of the Remove Only tabs and refusing to actually pay GGG for the stash space. You start with 4 stash tabs - the remove only aren't yours, you don't own them and hopefully GGG will clear this up soon. When the tabs turn from Remove Only to Regular you get your tabs, you can use them as a normal tab so it gives you exactly what you paid for BECAUSE YOU NEVER OWNED THE REMOVE ONLY TABS.

No one has stated the Race Reward tabs were effected. As the only tab that can be chosen across multiple leagues then they have to be coded differently than the others. I'd expect they won't be affected ever.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
You got 6 extra premium tabs. In no shape or form does GGG owe anyone the Remove Only tabs to stay there forever.

you can convert "regular" tabs to "premium" at a significant discount.

why would anybody pay the higher price to have their remove-only's switched to premium?

terrible logic
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 23, 2014, 12:03:38 PM
"
jstq wrote:
Imagine yourself having alt art demi for a sig race or at least top 20 crap or just damn regular 1k reward in remove only tab. And if u got it, you probably have 10+ demis there too. Of course if you are dirkaustin you will never get that, you can only post worthless shit on forums. You can wait for a new league to come out to sell it, you can wait for as long as you have to flip it later. But you buy stash tab bundle and it goes to current league or even worse, it goes to the dumpster standurd. RIP couple mirrors, thanks GGG for your support and genius ideas through lifetime.

So basically you've been saving all your race rewards since when? Months ago to finance your start in the next league. A couple mirrors worth of currency at the start of a new league is no small thing.

I knew people kept stuff to use during the beginning of the new league but for some reason the jump to selling and making mega currency at the beginning of the new league - Seems to break every intention of GGG to not let race rewards give a significant advantage in forms of currency gain, it's why we don't have orb rewards any more. How is this fair to anyone who doesn't win the top rewards for races? How is this fair to other people just starting in the new league at the same time as you? It's not. Remove Only tabs that last forever for race rewards break the intention of the rewards to give no significant advantage. Thanks for making that very, very clear to me.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I don't necessarily disagree with you peachii. I'm not opposed to the conversion itself (which I think is actually a good idea that they should keep).

I mainly disagree about the lack of information from GGG's side (which is very unlike them, they are usually extremely open about changes).

If the conversion is indeed intended (if the support quote earlier is legit), I think GGG should've at least made an announcement about it (since it wasn't like that in the past).

However, since there hasn't been an official response yet (an actual dev or support post), I'm still optimistic that there will be some information.

Just my 2 cents :)

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 23, 2014, 12:30:51 PM
OK so some more thoughts mainly for GGG to halfway try to explain where the people who are upset are coming from. So far the Remove Only tabs seems it is normal for people to just exploit them and never move items out of them, why should they? They don't expire so theoretically 10 years from now they could still have items sitting in tabs that they got 2 leagues ago because they don't feel like cleaning them out IE Item Rot. When these Remove Only tabs came out everyone expected them to expire, no one expected them to last forever and GGG did the nice guy, quiet routine about it so it became an expected feature to get tons of FREE stash space that was Remove Only at the end of every league. No need to clean them out, we can use the tabs from last league to hold them and keep our paid tabs for other items - doubling or tripling our stash space - Why should I buy any more tabs ever, remove only tabs take care of all that other space? So right now while Lots of people have been asking for this to happen for months and months - GGG never addressed it so it's a surprise change even though it's an understandable change GGG never said anything about it. Despite support saying it's intended, I think they don't understand what people are saying because it took me about 6 emails of arguing to have the support guy understand what I was saying to him last week, until I see a post from a GGG Dev, I won't believe they changed something like this without telling us first.

GGG caused this entitlement over the Remove Only tabs, they let it stand for a long time and since they make money on selling tabs I think it's a fundamental error on their part to not put an expiration date on regular remove only tabs. We are still only a few leagues out from the beginning of the Remove Only tab creation, seems a long time but really it's not. GGG should fix this now - either they intend to give people unlimited Free stash space with Remove Only tabs at the end of a league or they don't - they need to make a stand on policy for it. Is it ok that 5 years from now my standard stash is going to have about 800 tabs I never paid for that are remove only? I don't play Standard, am never going to play Standard more than likely so those tabs and items can just sit and rot. I don't care if the disappear a week, 3 months or a year down the road - those items are pretty much dead to me once they hit Remove Only status and I certainly don't want to spend 12 hours running to the vendor selling all the stuff. I pull the items I really enjoy out and put them in my stash and will actually run back and forth for hours just to get rid of the Remove Only, to messy and to large I like my stash to be in my semblance of clean and orderly. Having a super bloated Stash from 200 Remove Only tabs bothers me.

- The fact that I can link into this thread or any sale thread an item in a Remove Only tab is well, to be frank, complete bullshit. That shouldn't be possible, seriously. That's well above and beyond what a Remove Only tab should do - I can't even explain how much this shouldn't be possible. Remove Only tabs should be Remove Only - no linking, no trade thread linking, nothing but Remove Only.

Please GGG put an expiration on Remove Only tabs or 2, 3 or 6 years down the road you are going to have issues with it. Please, please, please have a backbone about this and don't let people run over you, actually park on top of you and take advantage of your niceness.
—Leo Buscaglia

My beloved pets....

For those that like tl:dr's...

"
peachii wrote:
GGG caused this entitlement over the Remove Only tabs, they let it stand for a long time and since they make money on selling tabs I think it's a fundamental error on their part to not put an expiration date on regular remove only tabs.

"
peachii wrote:
...either they intend to give people unlimited Free stash space with Remove Only tabs at the end of a league or they don't - they need to make a stand on policy for it

"
peachii wrote:
Please GGG put an expiration on Remove Only tabs or 2, 3 or 6 years down the road you are going to have issues with it. Please, please, please have a backbone about this and don't let people run over you, actually park on top of you and take advantage of your niceness.

"
peachii wrote:
...until I see a post from a GGG Dev, I won't believe they changed something like this without telling us first.

100% agree with you here :)
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 23, 2014, 12:55:13 PM
"
peachii wrote:
stuff

how much do you think it costs GGG to store items?

"
peachii wrote:
Is it ok that 5 years from now my standard stash is going to have about 800 tabs I never paid for that are remove only?

this is probably the single biggest and most common misunderstanding of the f2p model.

people think that if you don't specifically pay for a specific thing, you're getting it for "free."

it doesn't work like that. if you buy a funny hat for your character, you are paying GGG for your stash tabs. you are paying for the upkeep and maintenance of the entire game. you aren't paying for just a funny hat.

it doesn't matter what you specifically buy. it all goes into the same pool.

personally, i prefer to outright buy a game, and then later buy a big expansion pack, as you get a lot less people swinging their dicks about how much more they donated and how their opinion matters more and all the stupid shit like that.

it also stops all the stupidity of people thinking that costs are itemized. they aren't.

Last edited by Veruski on Jun 23, 2014, 1:01:32 PM
"
However, since there hasn't been an official response yet (an actual dev or support post), I'm still optimistic that there will be some information.

I was the same until I've gotten a reply from Support, which in my eyes doesn't solve the problem at all. It just keeps the complainers quiet and doesn't fix a single thing.

I'm waiting until tomorrow's announcement. If there hasn't been an official statement by then, I'll be happy to post my Support email.

People didn't post about this in the Bug forum as a joke... I was honestly convinced it was. Turns out I was wrong.

Whether the new system is better or worse than the previous one is of no importance. The fact that it wasn't announced just like every other single detail is in my eyes wrong.

The fact that the Bundles in the shop still have the same wording, worries me.
"
Veruski wrote:
"
peachii wrote:
You got 6 extra premium tabs. In no shape or form does GGG owe anyone the Remove Only tabs to stay there forever.

you can convert "regular" tabs to "premium" at a significant discount.

why would anybody pay the higher price to have their remove-only's switched to premium?

terrible logic

I just had to smack myself in the head because of this post. Oh man.

Ok listen, do you understand the difference between a remove-only stash tab and a normal stash tab? If so, is there maybe any striking difference between upgrading a normal stash tab to a premium one and a remove only tab to a normal one? Oh right, you could actually fully use one of those before.

And again, I bought a pack of regular stash tabs, half of which became converted remove-only ones. According to your argument, I got nothing. Talk about terrible logic.

Look, GGG could've made those merged items "float" around and drop them into your stash the moment you make space for it. They didn't do that, because that would be dumb (who would want his items spread all over his stash?). Up until now, you could just leave the items floating. But from now on, they will automatically get placed in new tabs you purchase. You still get your tabs, you just can't leave your items floating around any more (excluding race rewards).

No remove-only tabs are converted to anything. The items just go from those into your new tabs, nothing else.

And for the other guy above (with demigod's bounty rant): Race reward tabs are not converted.
It's pretty clear that they thought this through.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Jun 23, 2014, 3:29:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info