Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

I was looking forward to playing a split arrow build in the new league coming out. Do you thing this still the way to go? reading the comments every one wants to do CI and I want to stay life, but it seems like it will be too weak.
IGN: Crotchless
The build will have less life (around 500 less) but gains on everything else. Lots more evasion, movement speed, and damage. Bows are also getting buffed a decent amount. I'd say this build will be even stronger in 1.2. CI, in my opinion, is a weaker variant of this build.

edit:

"
Inygma wrote:
@Precaso

Great build, I was wondering if you could break the new tree down to how to level. Something like a 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 point would be awesome, I have such a hard time deciding when to get what...

Thanks in advance!

Yep, I will do that after patch notes are released.
Last edited by Precaso on Aug 18, 2014, 7:17:47 PM
Going CI is going to be rough. They are also going to have to run discipline. Not impossible but I see life still being better for the build.
I'm fairly nervous about the life side of this build. I use this build as my Atziri killer and comfortably kill her with 4.5k HP (4.2k when I use Death Wish), but I really don't think it'll be quite as easy being under 4k... I have a laptop that isn't at all built for gaming, so dodging everything is nearly impossible. But, we'll see how it goes. Still gonna have this build for my Ranger, 'cause to quote Pre "Wheeeee!! Speed!!!"
I can give you love, rocking horses, and dancing!
lol :P We'll have to read everything they change in patch notes to really see though... If they do keep all the damage/life numbers the same there could be some adjustments we have to make.
"
Precaso wrote:
The build will have less life (around 500 less) but gains on everything else. Lots more evasion, movement speed, and damage. Bows are also getting buffed a decent amount. I'd say this build will be even stronger in 1.2. CI, in my opinion, is a weaker variant of this build.

edit:

"
Inygma wrote:
@Precaso

Great build, I was wondering if you could break the new tree down to how to level. Something like a 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 point would be awesome, I have such a hard time deciding when to get what...

Thanks in advance!

Yep, I will do that after patch notes are released.

Awesome! Thanks!
I'm so gonna try this great build in the new league :-D

Would it make sense to enhance the DoT of Puncture by using Poison Arrow too?
2x DoT would push the dmg drastically, no?
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee
From tonight's notes:

"Curse on Hit: This trigger gem now has a 100% chance to cast socketed curses. It has 10% reduced curse effect at level 1, up to 9% increased curse effect at level 20 of the gem. The quality bonus has remained the same."

so that's nice
Last edited by Drevvska on Aug 19, 2014, 6:02:23 AM
my build right now:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven115wr-ugqbeOv8xVb6Z6DdDXfXh3Zbr38rSn0hdjB81oqGzo19UUfBMyP251SVBY2_TZIk_dnGCIkFtf_eMpSa8cLs1CPo1n8CXWgqWzBxIuqbJud0puDKqXn23aixMDIBBfltbEM2S3i1CLIZoaS1SDY9Uuw6QnGhz3rh2_PqnaqPT2Hr_sgqC2KsbIx6UxsBcFIZ_gYjH0EDHha_JpVh4v-TsJJR2Zu1wzrKSm-enKSHE3cH8bNLV8DjgwlVS4w2OdR29zH6oJ9v8qr4qKLB2A==

i really need more passive points :((( so much good stuff there
Unfinished Patch Notes

All bows have had their base damage increased by 11%. This affects ones that already existed.

The Decimation Bow and Death Bow have been given the same Increased Critical Strike Chance implicit mod as the Harbinger Bow.

LVL 20 Split Arrow is now 10 mana instead of 12. Based off some TW person.

Added Fire Damage: The mana multiplier has been reduced from 130% to 120%.

Critical Weakness: Life and mana on kill have been added. There's now a chance to gain a power charge when you kill an enemy. This curse has also been renamed to Assassin's Mark.

Herald of Ash: Reserves 25 mana, Gain 10% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage? Probably the same for Herald of Ice. So another 20% added elemental damage for 50 reserved mana?

Vuln got a dmg nerf on DoT dmg iirc, and doesnt have the stun/es stuff.

At any rate, using assassin's mark will net us at least another 150% crit chance, and might even warrant fitting in the shadow power charge now as well.

Fixed a bug where Puncture did not benefit from Increased Item Rarity or Increased Item Quantity. THANK YOU!
Last edited by SKIPPNUTTZ on Aug 19, 2014, 9:19:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info