Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Speedy Puncture + Pierce Split Arrow / Reflect Safe or Glass Cannon / Level 100 & Uber Atziri Farmer

Acrobatics halves your ES...

Maybe if you could get around 7k es without it, that would be decent.
"
crackred wrote:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_H0EDHgYjtUhh4iaVVUuMNnBSKgvz6jY9napsjGKstMXC7CpbefZDNlLsBbXUI42_UUf_3iT951QwfE2SI_aNff7IBfmhpOHb6NabJjIBshki6rEwtQhxoY9Pz3p_K9aKd9egn2_yOdQx-nb3VvrB2Kiiqvj8xUp9h3ZnoAqbeOvnCu960359df663Q1br8Ezhs4hdm-eykrDOpu18bNLV8DjnKSHE3cHgwltbKbgfwIylNnGlQUAXhmO7YMILpuNelNh68qpXWia8QiJGwEZ_g==

oO +118% atk speed with bow ? I see only ~45%.
so basically, this build will surely live on, and the remaining question will be whether to go

A. ES build
1. less points invested ?!
2. CI
3. benefits from blood rage
4. couldn't use acrobatics, nor phase acro, also less evasion

or

B. Life build
1. strongest advantage might be evasion together with acro + phase acro
"
oO +118% atk speed with bow ? I see only ~45%.

The Bow Damage and Accuracy node at the start of deadly/heavy draw, rewards 91% bow attack speed atm. Bugfixes soon hopefully.
"
Pre, what do you this of his idea? wanna know your thoughts on this going for ES and starting
as a Witch?

Since I am already on my new ranger going for Lv43 now haha :D

"
Considering that fact that I've never tried the build, my input probably isn't worth a whole lot. But I plan on making a bow build in the next league, and have been playing with the new tree.

There is a maddening number of crit nodes available for a crit bow build. The Witch I made was pushing 500% crit chance just from the tree, got to 6 power charges(including the bandit reward) and still had 200% ES off the tree, even got to 5 Frenzy charges and all of that was by level 80.

Which means on a well rolled Harb you can basically cap your crit just from the passive tree + charges. So if you want to go all ES gear that's totally an option. That being said, the Crit + Crit Multi combo that items like Maligaro's have far outweigh what you can manage on the passive tree, but it does mean you have a lot of wiggle room to try to get a good mix of crit, damage and ES by mixing and matching gear and passives when going CI. No idea what the optimal setup would be for that yet, but I see a CI crit bow build being viable, and it's definitely something I intend to try.

Edit: I guess the sensible thing to do would be to drop the Rat's Nest, since with the right passive tree, you can do without the Crit it grants, and then just use a 350+ ES helmet, which depending on the resists and etc. could easily be picked up for a couple chaos. Of course you'd still be missing out on the move and attack speed that the Rat's Nest gives you, but I think that would be the right approach vs. giving up any other piece of gear, and it would immediately make the build much more affordable.

Edit Edit: For more context here's the tree I've come up with so far, I'll include the level 80 one I intend to use, since I don't have the time or patience to level much further than 85, and I'll include a 115 point tree that I spent less than a minute making(so you could probably start spotting obvious optimizations for it right away), just so people can compare numbers with Pre's 115 point tree on the first page.

Edit Edit Edit: If I keep editing this post like this, I might as well go and make my own build thread, but one thing that occurred to me, which is worth mentioning, is that the CI build gets a free Blood Rage, meaning a whole lot of free Frenzy Charges and Leech.

Level 80 - I think the biggest change I need to make is drop the Frenzy charges and get two more +30 Str nodes.

115 Points

ES Bow defeats a lot of the purposes of this build.

1. No ES on quiver
2. Cannot use Rat's Nest, Maligaro's, or Atziri's Step without sacrificing a huge chunk of your ES pool
3. More expensive to build (only really a problem in new leagues)
4. No acrobatics / phase acrobatics (which is a big chunk of defense, especially for Atziri / other bosses)
5. a lot less runspeed. Using a vaal regalia alone, you already lose 7% move speed (because an Assassin's garb has no runspeed penalty which is +4%, and an implicit of +3%). On top you're not getting the same nodes which should cut some more runspeed, rat's nest which is 10%, ect ect.
6. Less evasion and less damage, because you have to spec near the ES parts of the tree which is away from most bow nodes / evasion nodes.
7. If you're running discipline (because you'll need it with having much lower ES in general) you're either cutting grace or hatred, which is huge.

Going ES bow is a completely different build if you want to be effective with it to make it worth it... and even then I'd still recommend life bow.
"
so basically, this build will surely live on, and the remaining question will be whether to go

A. ES build
1. less points invested ?!
2. CI
3. benefits from blood rage
4. couldn't use acrobatics, nor phase acro, also less evasion

or

B. Life build
1. strongest advantage might be evasion together with acro + phase acro

very sexy choices. another points to consider:
A:
-less evasion on gear and ondar's guile effectiveness means trouble with reflect
-no acrobatics means trouble with reflect
-so absolutely needs vaal pact or atziri acuity in order to survive any reflect, will either cost more money or spend more points reaching vaal pact
-got higher total effective health pool, fast auto healing and chaos immunity. this can actually help a lot against atziri

B:
-life pots. they can now easily heal 2 times or more your total hp (assuming generic 5k HP bow builds and 2-3 pots in your belt)
-pots got huge buff, now they got +80% effectiveness from tree and +2 tier flasks lvls
-can wear maligaro's + any crappy body armour and go nuts. reflect can be handled with care
Core Split Crit Pierce

This leaves so many options. We can reach plenty of aura reservation, max mana, resists, extra life, phase acrobatics, evasion, power charges, or bonus physical...Or more desperately, the Scion Wheel of Win life cluster which is a disgusting amount of points away :(

Without the use of power charges or increased critical strikes support, 75% crit chance will be exceptional.

Too many unknown variables to even think about this any longer, already far too much assumption for me. CU in a week :)

Last edited by SKIPPNUTTZ on Aug 15, 2014, 11:37:04 AM
Yeah, the ES build is certainly something different entirely, but I still think a lot of people underestimate how cheaply, and how easily you can stack a bunch of ES(Price may vary in the new league due to how OP the ES buff was, which may increase demand). In Ambush I made a Low-life Arc build that used Solaris Lorica, and RoTP to sustain RF, so I had no ES on my Chest and Shield, had to invest a bunch into regen and resists, and I still managed 5k ES, and I did it all for 15ex. I also made a low-life Solaris Lorica Summoner for 2ex, and it managed 6k ES. Both of these builds managed a level 20 AA and over 80% all resists.

Losing ES from a shield is going to suck, but hitting 6K ES with Maligaro's should be entirely possible. Not sure it'll kill Atziri, and I know that's what you're looking for, but personally I've never cared for the entire concept of how Atziri was implemented, so I just happily continue as if she doesn't exist. Also it's worth adding, if the trailers are to be believed, that you can add 10-20% ES onto Rings now, which is just stupidly OP.

I don't know, maybe the problem is that I'm too used to low-life, I've been making Solaris Lorica builds almost exclusively since the item was released part way through Domination, and the one massive, massive benefit that people never notice about going low-life(because the assumption is that low-life builds are for rich people) is that the rest of your gear can become massively cheap. You no longer need to worry about resists on your gear, since you'll be running all three Purity Auras, you can get so much offense from auras, and defense, and all around 7 Auras were OP, and it made a viable Solaris Lorica build that could run end game maps super cheap compared to a similarly priced life or CI build. Going CI is more expensive since you need resist along with those large ES numbers, whereas low-life just needed the ES values, so maybe I'm just underestimating how much that effects the cost of gear. But my 5k ES RF Arc build is literally just using gloves and boots that I Alt + Regal'd for next to nothing, it really is that cheap to stack 5K ES, even when you lose the 2 biggest ES slots.
"

Losing ES from a shield is going to suck, but hitting 6K ES with Maligaro's should be entirely possible. Not sure it'll kill Atziri

but instead of ES shield or low life you can use soul strike + CI. 1.60s energy shield recharge delay should help a lot in atziri run
"
marcosyy87 wrote:
"

Losing ES from a shield is going to suck, but hitting 6K ES with Maligaro's should be entirely possible. Not sure it'll kill Atziri

but instead of ES shield or low life you can use soul strike + CI. 1.60s energy shield recharge delay should help a lot in atziri run

Yeah, it would certainly help for survivability, I just dislike the idea of losing my Drillneck, since that's such a fun item. I'll probably get a Soul Strike anyways, and it might still work well as a weapon swap when things get dicey, but ideally I'd like to make it all work with a Drillneck. I have two Summoners over level 85 right now, so I'll just respec one into this new Bow Build on Patch day, should give me a much better idea of just how viable the set-up would be, given that I have most of the gear already.

Actually, does anyone know how Soul Strike interacts with weapon swapping? Can I just swap for the second it takes for ES Recovery to trigger, then swap back and get the full regen/second after triggering the recovery, or will it continue to recover at the reduced rate?
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Aug 15, 2014, 1:56:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info