Vidal's CHEAP Pointblank Wander w. max block/acrobatics for Beyond HC challenge league

this build is for the new hardcore league.

This build focuses more on survivability rather than dps, with the majority of its nodes in evasion, chance to block and life.

will be using elemental hit that will hopefully be getting a reduced manna cost in the upcoming patch, or powersiphon for its culling and power charge.

ATTACKS:
I believe that with a .75 chance to block an attack, 0.4 chance to dodge attack and .70(asked online)chance to evade, you get hit on average by 4.5% of incoming attacks (please correct me if I am wrong). Giving you plenty of time to regenerate life from life leech.

In those oneshot situations, I believe this system will significantly increase your chances or survival over pure armour builds.

pros

-max block chance
-high chance to evade
-decent life

cons

-probably will have mana problems
-probably will have dps problems

unique items

and alpha howl for running more auras

stats

not very well orginized but here it is
+103 to Strength
+353 to Dexterity
+74 to Intelligence

+77 to maximum Mana
+101.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53

+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+4 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge

22% increased Attack Speed
36% increased Projectile Damage
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
32% increased maximum Mana
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
28% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
38% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
32% additional Chance to Block with Shields
100% increased Defences from equipped Shield
220% increased maximum Life
140.6% increased Evasion Rating
Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage to targets at the start of their movement, dealing less Damage to targets as the projectile travels further
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
+20 to Evasion Rating
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
15% increased Power Charge Duration
12% increased Radius of Auras
30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
20% reduced Mana Reserved
34% increased effect of Auras you Cast
+14.8% Energy Shield
+20.6% increased Melee Physical Damage
+706 Accuracy Rating

inspiration

I have seen on several occasions ggg staff members state that they prefer evasion over pure armour for defense, and I would like to test it out for myself :)

skills

-tempest shield for the 4% chance to block, you can take two more nodes on the tree if you dont want to use this.

-clarity, as high a level as you need to sustain mana, probably run this on life

-grace, this is the most important aura

-wrath/anger for dps

-ele hit or power siphon for dps

I will change this thread into a build guide once I actually make this character in the new league. If anyone has any recommendations for this build please leave a comment below :)

my other builds

CHEAP Pointblank Wander w. max block/acrobatics [INV]

Flicker is love, flicker is life. best leveling build ! hax ;)

100% IMMORTAL CALL UPTIME self cast discharger

กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ
Last edited by xxArturoxx on Aug 12, 2014, 5:47:43 PM
changed the skill tree to pick up ondar's guile
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ
Point Blank doesnt work with spells
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
Shade444 wrote:
Point Blank doesnt work with spells

This.

You can try it with power siphon or spectral throw tho. Slower projectiles+Spectral throw+point blank could be interesting. With max block you can get a cast on setun setup going.

You might also want to pick up EB and a couple of aura nodes.
haha thank you very much guys for actually reading the nodes :P will update the tree to account for this
I was thinking about doing power siphon, but getting all the nodes you would need for power siphon to work along with max block doesn't seem possible, plus you probably wouldn't be able to get any evasion nodes, then it would just be a powersiphon build :P

I would like to get some aura nodes but I also want to keep with build close to 100 points.

EB seems too far out of the way to justify, I would rather pick up aura nodes, and you also have acrobatics which will halve the effectiveness of EB.

What I am most concerned with right now is the lack of damage nodes, since point blank isn't going to work.

Last edited by xxArturoxx on Aug 1, 2014, 2:35:23 PM
going to rework the tree once the new tree is out to attempt to use

will probably need to take point blank for the damage, iv gotten a tree down to 109 points so hopefully with the new tree I can get that down even lower.

Last edited by xxArturoxx on Aug 1, 2014, 2:35:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info