dual Searing Bond, 1 hander / shield version, cheap and easy, endgame maps easy

hi I was looking for play something diferent and
Im very interested in up a character like this.
please if there is a changes in passive tree in new POE updates.
dont forget to update this guide.
ty
up

will try this build in the 1month hc league, ty
Please don't take this personally, but this is the worst SB build I've ever seen. You spend way too many points on life and resists going into the marauder area. Played properly, you don't need anything near the life and resists you're pulling here. You grab armor nodes while wearing ES gear.. WTF?

Finally, you have six points south of Warrior's blood going back up to Sentinel which are doing absolutely nothing! You could lose these points and get the Ironwood tree for much more effectiveness and clear speed. Additionally, you take minimally effective fire nodes while not going after Fire Walker. There's a reason why all SB builds look the same... it's because they're all effective. I'd ask to see a video but I'd probably slit my wrists waiting for you to kill something.
"
devvnull42 wrote:
Please don't take this personally, but this is the worst SB build I've ever seen. You spend way too many points on life and resists going into the marauder area. Played properly, you don't need anything near the life and resists you're pulling here. You grab armor nodes while wearing ES gear.. WTF?

Finally, you have six points south of Warrior's blood going back up to Sentinel which are doing absolutely nothing! You could lose these points and get the Ironwood tree for much more effectiveness and clear speed. Additionally, you take minimally effective fire nodes while not going after Fire Walker. There's a reason why all SB builds look the same... it's because they're all effective. I'd ask to see a video but I'd probably slit my wrists waiting for you to kill something.

i like critique if its usefull and constructive. I would be thankful. but, not in this case. ALL of your recommendations are useless. if you gave me 109 regret orbs, i would not change a single point, coming from your critique.

actually it is not needed to prove my points here, because everything is obvious. but i can not expect from players who have interesst in this, having the patience to analyse it. so, i make it for them:

1. the only changeable item I use, with a large amount of ES on it, is the body armor. i come back to this point later.
the ES on the helmet is a side effect. this helmet is very much recommended because the damage buff. there are not many options to increase dps on gear for searing bond (as i said a few times), and the very little options I have i must use. The Hrimmnor helmet would be another option, (that doesn't mean, the Chitus Apex is a mistake), i sold a Hrimmnor's, because i prefered the stats on the Chitus. the mana, life, and experience gain i don't want to trade for the armor on the Hrimmnor - which would be the ONLY useful improvement on it (a bit more dps, right. like 100 or so).
Body Armor: recommend me one. should is use a 1500 armor chest or what is your point? physical damage isn't an issue, survivabilty isn't an issue, with the stats i do have, plus immortal call plus the block chance. i have enough currency in my stash, i was looking for better chests, i would spend a few exaltets for a chest which improves my char. i did not find one at poe.xyz, and i spended lots of time there. show me a better chest please. i buy it. but don't show me one with some more maximum life, for trading 600 Hitpoints the ES gives and the mana. i use this chest NOT because the ES. i use it, because all stats it has together, make it the most useful chest for me. and i recommend everyone who follows this guide to get a similar one, IF he is lucky.
the only chest i know which could be an improvement is a "Kaom's Heart". allthough, i am not sure about the lack of sockets, resitances and mana. and btw, 30 exaltet for the cheapest Kaom's Heart.... i don't know. my chest costed me 2 chaos.

2. i don't go back from Warriors Blood up to Sentinel. Check the passive tree again please. i go down to the warriors blood area. ... and i go down there for a reason. (it starts to get stupid here)

3. "Sentinel" and spending 1 point to "get" there is doing absolutely nothing?. no comment.

4: ironwood. trust me, i spended lots of time at poebuilder.com to find out, what is the most efficient way. but actually, its not complicated... its simple. the shortest path to ironwood would take me 8 points. (and not 2 points. skipping sentinel would give me 2 points. t w o)
Even if i would have 8 Points left over, i would not spend these 8 points to get there. like i said in this guide: the survivability of the totems is better than needed with a Q20 searing bond gem with these passive tree nodes. and i do not have a Q20 searing bond gem yet. how can i know it then? because the totems are good without a Q20 gem already. im working on mine, its at level 18 now. then, my totems will stand there, like... whatever. crap, i forgot the 20% more totem damage for these 8 non-existant points. well, if these would exist, (only 2 points exist, following your advices) then i already see 32% more damage for only 4 points (if they would exist) somewhere else, right at the very first look: three 8% "increased fire damage" nodes 5 o'clock beside "Elemetalist" (templar area), and one "8% increased totem damage" node left over inside the "Totemic Mastery" circle. so, these are only 4 points which already beat the 20% from your "Iron Wood" advice. (which requires 8 points which do not exist)

5. if i would have known this takes so long...
whats left? the fire walker.
as i said, i spended lots of time to find out, whats the most effective way to spend these points. and belive it or not: i do know about the existance of the "Fire Walker"
I wish, it would be an improvement, to go there and use that super cute 15% increased fire damage node. but, IT IS NOT..... the fire walker area has only 1 cute node, and its the "Fire Walker" node itself... all other nodes are the same....8 %. 8% here, 8 % there, 8 % everywhere....
compared to my "minimally effective fire nodes" (thats what you said man). but when you take a sharp look you will see: ....................> my nodes do A L S O have 8%.
that " also" meant to be spoken very loud. maximum volume.
and when you take a look at the 1 lost passive point to get to "Fire Walker" , then, at the end of the day, it takes 3 points to get 15% increased fire damage plus one 8% mode =

23% for 3 points.

my "minimally effective fire nodes" though, give 24% for 3 points.
i tell you, when there is a expansion or something, and players get 130 or 140 points maximum or anything, and i have points to spend, the firewalker is on my list, if the math says: improvement! but at the moment, i do have only 111 points, and its not Firewalker Time yet.

and finally: sorry for my build dos not look the same like all other searing bond builds.

wait: to your point "you don't need anything near the life and resists you're pulling here"
my answer: wrong. i know what i need. and i recommend to do it so.
do i need more dps? no. i could trade dps for defense anytime, if needed. it only takes a few regret orbs. maps are so expensive, the high level ones... believe me, if it would make sense to trade defense for dps, i alredy would have done that.
love this build! i've been leveling up using searing bond many times but i really wanted to try a build using searing bond. Trying this out in new one month league

Another thing, should i rush for deul totem or just wait until i'm higher level?
Last edited by JunsubJJ on Jul 14, 2014, 3:33:35 AM
Hi, thanks :) I do the 1 month league at the moment with this, and startet dual totem (ancestral bond) about level 30. with dual totem, elemental weakness curse is important. (or flammabilty curse) because no other damage can be dealt anymore, except from traps.

btw you can get the searing bond gem from a quest reward in act 3 normal, quest "lost in love". it is the very 1st quest you get in in town in act 3 normal. minimum level for the gem is 24.

before searing bond, i used only "increased elemental damage" nodes. so all skill gems with elemental damage gets boosted, no matter which type. storm call, ice nova, arc, fire trap, molten strike,...

im lvl 34 now and this is the tree

Last edited by mannihello on Jul 14, 2014, 8:55:26 AM
nice! thanks for that!
What's your IIR?

From looking over your gear and gems, it appears to be zero. You should include a very huge con that running this build will mean that you will substantially gimp your gear and currency pickup. I have a gimped level 71 dual totem SB templar. Gimped in that i have had to take elemental res nodes and lower gear stats in order to have 85% IIR from the gear and another 53% from IIR gem. However, my guess is I pickup more currency than you do, even though you are running end game maps and I am running docs and piety.
Hello there, good point - really. i was thinking about to inlcude this point into the guide, but many other things i had to do before.

you are right, i have zero IIR and zero IIQ and i am wondering how much of a bad thing this was or not. i am writing here from my workstation at an office at work, so i can't do a screenshot thing etc, but i will do that in a few hours to show you, how much i have earned in the time i was playing this build only, in ambush league.

after all, and after spending currency for my gear and tons of currency for buying high level maps since i played solo, i have left over i guess
about:
600 chaos orbs, 14 (+15) exaltet orbs (~15 exaltet worth of my gear at the end, inlc. the gems and their quality),~ 25 regal orbs, ~ 20 blessed orbs, ~100 alchs, any many other orbs, plus unsold gear (also maps) i will show it later precisely with screenshots from my "pick out only" stash tabs from ambush league.

but no matter if its good or a bad - if one wants to have IIR gear, he can use IIR gear, its only a question of the costs, it has nothing to do with the build. or does it?

edit: here the screenshots

the ambush stash tab from today:
Spoiler

i already used currency from here, to buy maps for keep on playing in standard.

the standard stash tab from today with some new earned currency (and some older from another char):
Spoiler

Last edited by mannihello on Jul 17, 2014, 10:51:09 AM
This is an awesome build, thanks very much for sharing. Currently in maps in the one month HC league with it and having a great time.

I found the build extremely easy to level, and the dual totems offer great survivability.

Regarding IIR, as OP said, this is a matter of gear and costs associated. You can get gear with IIR on it if you feel the need, but it's going to be a lot more expensive if you want to keep up survivability in addition to adding the IIR. The build is titled "cheap and easy", and it delivers in those categories extremely well. That being said, while leveling up the character, I was able to keep between 20-40 IIR on at all times, with max resists. This amount of IIR scales very well, and seemed to help tremendously when I was farming for gear upgrades.

As for the build, the items and links shared by OP are extremely efficient for the chosen passives, but there is definitely some room to play. Lightning warp didn't really seem necessary unless boots don't have move speed, but it is nice to have for utility. I also found that blood magic / faster casting on lightning trap are not really required, but you'll want them there eventually to ensure you have mana for curse/molten when you need it, and slightly improve time until EE kicks in. I'm curious about adding chain to lightning trap, but don't currently have enough dex on me for this to be possible. Regardless, multiple traps lightning trap pretty much hits everything on the screen anyway, so not a big deal.

I found this to be a perfect build for getting to maps quickly and easily for under 1exalt total investment, or with just self-found. Good luck to anyone who decides to try it, and have fun!
Last edited by Crusa187 on Jul 20, 2014, 8:13:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info