Snapshotting

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Weapons in the unused weapon set are not active. None of their modifiers are in effect. If you were able to keep their benefit in effect when they were switched out to the inactive set, that would by definition be snapshotting. You've made the weapon inactive - it's modifiers aren't applying - but you've still kept the benefit of said modifier. That's snapshotting.

how is it snapshotting? by the definition of it posted in the first post, it's NOT snapshotting.

"Snapshotting currently allows players to obtain the benefits of one set of items, passives or gems by casting a skill that locks them in (by taking a snapshot of their character with all those things active), then swapping to another configuration so that they have both sets of benefits"

literally nothing's swapped. same gear, same gems.

again, i don't understand why there are 2 weapon/shield slots if we're going to be penalized for using them sometimes (and by sometimes, i mean if you're a summoner).
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
You guys should probably look at Montreguls and buff it after the snapshot fix, as it makes you lose nearly half total DPS.
It gives no benefit and drawback is too high. Can't really call 500 life and resists (that already are maxed out) a huge bonus, nor the explosions makes up for the lost damage.

90k dps with 4 zombies (that is montreguls), 160k dps with 9 zombies. DPS loss probably is even higher with lvl 20/20 (or higher) gems.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Jun 17, 2014, 9:57:27 PM
i'm glad i got to experience being a super-saiyan

i will miss being a super-saiyan

i will not miss snapshotting
Last edited by Veruski on Jun 17, 2014, 9:57:32 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
You have swapped the Mon'tregul's Grasp for the weapon in your other weapon set.
The feature is literally called "Weapon swap". Here is a screenshot from the options panel:
Gear in the inactive set is not considered to be equipped. It allows gems to still gain XP by counting still linking the gems to your character, but the items themselves are not considered equipped.
The ones in the active set are.

I hope this adequately explains why this is a form of snapshotting.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 17, 2014, 10:00:51 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Weapons in the unused weapon set are not active. None of their modifiers are in effect. If you were able to keep their benefit in effect when they were switched out to the inactive set, that would by definition be snapshotting. You've made the weapon inactive - it's modifiers aren't applying - but you've still kept the benefit of said modifier. That's snapshotting.

how is it snapshotting? by the definition of it posted in the first post, it's NOT snapshotting.

"Snapshotting currently allows players to obtain the benefits of one set of items, passives or gems by casting a skill that locks them in (by taking a snapshot of their character with all those things active), then swapping to another configuration so that they have both sets of benefits"

again, i don't understand why there are 2 weapon/shield slots if we're going to be penalized for using them sometimes (and by sometimes, i mean if you're a summoner).

mark explianed it so well [Removed by Support]
stats on item on secondary slots are not meant to be active, swaping motegruls means that its stats stop working, if they do (like curently!) it's snapshot.
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jun 18, 2014, 1:11:06 PM
My only concern is that some of the minion uniques get some reworking and/or (specifically) zombies get a large base life increase and MAYBE life on hit/life regen per level.

I hope we can still summon 4 big zombies and 4 little zombies though!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
You have swapped the Mon'tregul's Grasp for the weapon in your other weapon set.
The feature is literally called "Weapon swap". Here is a screenshot from the options panel:
Gear in the inactive set is not considered to be equipped. It allows gems to still gain XP by counting still linking the gems to your character, but the items themselves are not considered equipped.

this still literally makes no sense/is inconsistent.

so the gems are equipped but the items the gems are in aren't? yeah, ok.

also, you're now using 2 completely different definitions of "swap" - the one used to define snapshotting explicitly stated unequipping items and changing gems; neither of which happen in this instance.

using the definition from page 1, this isn't snapshotting.

[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jun 18, 2014, 1:10:15 PM
Could I make a quick suggestion on the topic of buffing (some) minions?

Give them a way to terminate piercing projectiles. I would suggest making the ability to terminate piercing projectiles an on-block effect, and either making it a node behind the 2% block chance nodes on Necromatic Aegis, or a trait given by unique gloves (since summoners don't really have unique gloves).

The reasoning: I'm leveling up a raging spirit caster right now (self cast + 2 totems), and although the clear speed isn't top notch, it's really fun watching mobs suffer a death by a thousands paper cuts. The raw number of skulls (around 30 right now) makes the build pretty safe due to their damage sponging (arc mages and devourers ain't no thang). The only area where it really, notably struggles, is with piercing projectiles. A single projectile can knock out 5 skulls - voidbearers, bone snakes, and similar mobs are an issue. Giving each skull a small chance to terminate a piercing projectile would be a huge quality of life boost for the build.

Assuming you're using a 50% spell block Rathpith Globe with Skullhead and Necromatic Aegis, this would give the spirits a 40% chance to stop attack projectiles, and a 20% chance to stop spell projectiles, which would make a huge difference when considering the number of active minions a build can get.

Basically, it'd just help incentivize stacking minion block a bit more. Necromatic Aegis is currently a bit hit-and-miss as to when it's useful, and giving minions a way to terminate projectiles based on block would ideally make it more generally useful for the builds that want it.
Are there plans to buff non-snapshot mechanics post-patch? Like, how active will you guys be about keeping the balance of summoners in check after snapshotting is gone? (Big priority or low priority)

I've tried playing summoner a few times and coincidentally just started one today. One of the big disappointments I find with trying to plan a summoner is the lack of decision making regarding summoning nodes in the passive tree.

----

Using the most natural build path:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1MRUGvbu9Z9GDvh7IptGcHzoqN_xhzckye0DL-X6rrJPTyO8h5XySj66-6Cx7iT0_unCKh9E2ydro9G2QtakQZJGmzQ0CqYaqymrJuh-oCIQPfXkDPMvBCXhWBEBKrETblGcbB3R7eGAlXV

Gives all summoner nodes at 57 passive points.

So this leads you to say, 'hey', what now? Ok, you can do life or CI but even still once you use all those points on survivability, you're at like 80... and then you still have 35-ish points to plan around (25 realistically at 90 for most dedicated players). So then you're like "Ok I want auras then" or "multicurse" or something like that. This is when you start having MASSIVE issues with socket spots because you want to start filling in all these extra nodes but you aren't able to work something in.

Basically, the decision making process falls short for summoners. It almost feels like you have a predetermined set of must have nodes that you get and there really isn't any choice beyond that; and I'd like to really emphasize 'beyond that as a summoner'. I don't 'want' to go multicurse. I don't 'want' to go auras. Hell, I don't even want to go survivability. I want to summon super minions and be a super squishy necromancer.

That's my fantasy when I play summoner and I can't do it. I understand that you guys couldn't do something like this with snapshotting in play but I think it should be fair game now? Maybe some minion crit nodes in a few obscure spots on the tree? Who knows!

Edit: And I'd like to note, that I think Necromantic Aegis is EXTREMELY GOOD design that fits the 'make me squishy but my summons godly'. I'm just testing it + springleaf and it makes my summons immortal. I mean, I'm only level 19, but I can only imagine how good my summons will be when they are at 10% life regen a sec when on low life at later levels. I can't wait to play around with summoner more and more.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Jun 17, 2014, 10:13:16 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

this still literally makes no sense/is inconsistent.

so the gems are equipped but the items the gems are in aren't? yeah, ok.

also, you're now using 2 completely different definitions of "swap" - the one used to define snapshotting explicitly stated unequipping items and changing gems; neither of which happen in this instance.

using the definition from page 1, this isn't snapshotting.

"

mark explianed it so well that it amuses me why you stil dont understand.

you're not fanboying hard enough.

This guy has got to be trolling

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info