Snapshotting

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
gehirnmutant wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Minions generated with a set level will not increase in level when the gem enabling them levels up. If such a gem levels up while you have minions active, the change in minion level will only be reflected in newly-raised minions.

This sounds like changes to Minion Gem level are not applied to the summoned minions. Does this also work the other way around? I.e. I support my Zombie gem with empower, raise them, then swap the Empower for Minion Damage, they will receive the damage boost but still have the increased level?

No that is exactly the kind of thing that is getting fixed.

Also, if the Gem levels, the minions also get updated when you transition into another instance.

That's true. But the way I read it, the level is updated ONLY when you transition into a new area. That means, I can still enter a map, create some corpses with Desecrate, summon my Empowered zombies, replace the Empower gem with Minion Damage and receive the damage bonus while keeping the zombie level. The level bonus will be lost on your next level transition, but in maps, that doesn't really matter.

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, it just sounds like a loophole.
FilterCloud: https://filter.poe.gg
Filter Debugger: https://bschug.github.io/poedit/poedit.html
"
Xasrai wrote:

The clear gain is this: 1 Single defensive 6L'd Undying Evangelist isn't the equivalent of 1/4 of 4. Having 4 of them benefits you not much more than a single one.

thats not true at all. 4 evangelists do very good dps even if 'defensively' supported. in high level maps no one uses tittybitches anyway.

"

Being able to rid yourself of 3 redundant Evangelists BY SWAPPING OUT YOUR GEMS AND SNAPSHOTTING YOUR EVANGELIST means that you can INCREASE your DPS while getting more than 1/4 of the protection that 4 Evangelists would offer. That is a net increase of >25% in defence AND and increase of 75% in offence. 3 Offence + 1 Defence is >100% because that defence doesn't scale with more evangelists.

these numbers, where do you get them from ?
4 evangelists offer some excellent protection when their bubbles cross. again, 4 evangelists are already best spectre choice in high level map

the problem is that theres already very little diversity in specter choice. you are kidding yourself if you think any summoner will sacrifice even two gem slots for 'diversity'.

4 evangelists vs 1 evangelist and 3 tittybitches is negligble advantage, even a disadvantage I would say, since tittybitches will get WRECKED in a high level map or even something relatively tame like poorjoys.

some of the most FUN Ive had in poe was the three amigos setup I ran with a BM, flame sentinel and evangelist. it wasnt most efficient, or most defensive setup. but it was definitely fun.
now no possibility of such setup will exist.

like Ive said before, if you think any serious summoner (much less a ladder one) will run multiple RS gems sacrificing other utility for diversity, you are either being facetious or have not played summoner for a prolonged amount of time.
Last edited by grepman on Jun 18, 2014, 2:42:26 PM
Great its about time!
Happy to see that this game mechanic is finally going to bite the dust. It always seemed a bit "dirty" to me, even though I did occasionally snapshot my reduced mana gems around :p
IGN: JohnVonNeumann
"
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Question:

Enlighten is the gem that increases gem XP right?

So, if its supporting gems in the none-active weapon set, does it even work?

It will work as intended.

How about if said item has +1 to gem levels?

Will the Enlighten register the +1 to gem levels if the weapon is not actually active?
So in other words, just because some gamers abuse the snapshotting to excess, now ALL players have to suffer from removing snapshotting, no matter if they ever abused it or not?
I mean, I only change one or 2 support gems to raise different spectres. Now I'm not even able to do this? Or replace not active minion support gems with some active skills because my Summoner lacks of sockets?
Well, I hoped to come back to PoE to continue at least with the only build that was not nerfed from my charas, Summoner. But I guess I have to play D3 much longer now.

Very sad stuff, normal players are once more punished because "pro" players abuse game mechanics up to the limit and above so GGG HAS to nerf stuff. Why people can't just play gentle and do not overextend stuff?
I needed my summoner build to have at least a little bit fun in the rockhard PoE (Solo/selffound) I did not even Vaal areas or high level maps because of solo/selffound. Now I guess it's not even enough to play summoner solo.

What builds are now left to have something like fun solo/selffound play? Not much I guess.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Question:

Enlighten is the gem that increases gem XP right?

So, if its supporting gems in the none-active weapon set, does it even work?

It will work as intended.

How about if said item has +1 to gem levels?

Will the Enlighten register the +1 to gem levels if the weapon is not actually active?

Mark has been very good about answering questions since this thread started, I am sure when he comes back on duty he will answer this one. Will be a few more hours since he is in NZ and likely asleep or not into work yet. This question has been answered several times so he will most assuredly answer it.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Guys please remember that this thread is a very important one for the Devs right now. They want honest opinions, thoughts, questions and any feedback or negative/positive thoughts you have on this since it will be going live soon and effecting a lot of people.

They do read and will take into account feedback in regards to the builds that are being effected so any detailed, pertinent, well thought out information is very much appreciated.

Please refrain from trolling just for fun, it just wastes the Devs time.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 18, 2014, 4:28:05 PM
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
So in other words, just because some gamers abuse the snapshotting to excess, now ALL players have to suffer from removing snapshotting, no matter if they ever abused it or not?
I mean, I only change one or 2 support gems to raise different spectres. Now I'm not even able to do this? Or replace not active minion support gems with some active skills because my Summoner lacks of sockets?
Well, I hoped to come back to PoE to continue at least with the only build that was not nerfed from my charas, Summoner. But I guess I have to play D3 much longer now.

Very sad stuff, normal players are once more punished because "pro" players abuse game mechanics up to the limit and above so GGG HAS to nerf stuff. Why people can't just play gentle and do not overextend stuff?
I needed my summoner build to have at least a little bit fun in the rockhard PoE (Solo/selffound) I did not even Vaal areas or high level maps because of solo/selffound. Now I guess it's not even enough to play summoner solo.

What builds are now left to have something like fun solo/selffound play? Not much I guess.

So other players that use the exact same mechanic as you are "some few select pros" and while you do the EXACT same thing its ok cause you are casual or something? rofl get over yourself.

And btw if you have any trouble doing maps or side areas even as selffound you should maybe reconsider how you play cause it is 100% your fault.
Great job, GGG. I hope from now we'll forget snapshotting once and forever.

This small step is a giant leap to PoE bright future.

Just dont stop on that, and fix other issue, that may ruin the game, if left untouched.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info