Yue's Puncture Bow build 'The Sniper' (Versão em português adicionada)

Build

Hello, I would like to share some thoughts about the build I've been playing with in the last month. It's a puncture skill build using crit-physical bow to take advantage of high peak damage over time and use acrobatics/smoke mine for defense. I'll be writing it here over next few days.

This build is newbie friendly, easy to build, can be used during lvling, very strong end-game mapping, atziri capable and beat all bosses easily. Not expensive too. 6L not required, I was not using 6L for a long time.
Pros and Cons

Pros:
-not the most expensive gear, although drillneck and harbinger are very popular and expensive now
-fast end-game map clears
-one-shot all stuff
-high survivability (I died only once in merciless until hit lvl90 ambush)
-can beat any boss/exile/mob/anything easily
-very high range (can kill bosses from literally screens away)
-strong against hard mods like -max resists or corrupting blood
-easy to handle either mana and life leeching

Cons:
-not the highest DPS in the game
-cannot face-tank
-slow attacks

How it Works

Lvl20 Puncture gem does about 25% extra damage per second for standing enemies and 126% for moving enemies. 20% quality puncture got 6.50 seconds duration. Entropy nod and vulnerability curse raises the total damage to about 300% extra damage over 6.5 for standing enemies and 1515% extra damage over 6.5 for moving ones. This DoT usually can one-shot mobs with normal strikes and one-shot rare/bosses with critical strikes, even with small DPS tooltip. When you hit a target several times, the highest DoT will remain untill it expires so we hope to get at least one critical strike.

Videos

6minute lvl78 Courtyard easy mods solo clear (boss fight start at 2:32, end 2:48)
http://youtu.be/wcL97sanE3s

4minutes normal atziri fight
http://youtu.be/jNr1y2ko1W0

Just ask if you need some video, i'll try posting later

Tooltip offense/defense

I don't know how to post pic then will just write here, but it's not impressive. I got at moment 5k HP, capped ele resistances, 46%dodge and 30%spell dodge, 4k evasion and can survive without any problem.

Attack shows 24k DPS with LMP puncture and 40k DPS single target puncture. Vaal burning arrow trap shows 8k per arrow, which mean about 40k AoE damage per trap (good enough to instant clear box and proximity mobs). But tooltip damage is meaningless for this build as the physical and fire DoT are totally ignored.

Gems and Links

5L Chest: puncture + lesser multiple projectiles + pierce + increased critical damage + physical projectile damage (if 6L) added fire damage
5L Bow: puncture + life leech + increased critical damage + physical projectile damage + faster attack + (if 6L) added fire damage
4L: reduced mana + anger + purity of elements + smoke mine
4L: cast when damage taken + immortal call + increased duration + enfeeble
4L: vaal burning arrow + trap + greater multiple projectile + point blank (or weapon elemental damage or increased critical damage)

2L: leap slam + faster attacks in a reserve brightbeak for wall jumping

Burning arrow trap is useful for instant box clearing (place 3 traps in the box) and to kill proximity shield mod. Can be changed for cursing, totem or whatever is needed though

Smoke mine is useful for box opening and avoiding crazy flickers. Definitely worth taking.

If you're dying to reflect from the single target puncture, it would be better with trap+point blank instead of life leech+faster attacks. Trap avoid reflect damage.

Also lvlup an extra Life leech gem to do reflect maps easily, and Lightning Arrow (just put it in the place of puncture, it's super good for large crowds, phys reflect maps and lvling)

Passive Skill tree and lvling

For lvling, use RoA then Lightning Arrow+LMP+pierce with a crit death bow. pick 'revelry' passive for mana supply
Lvl43:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAdGv6_T4okChIsSi3BX-yKfUoaTh25smBfnPerIZMgHo1tQjBbVRR42_TZIj9o19MHzWin8rd9dW-vzFW6_dDZAK_94k_edUQ-fksRjbOd2m4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCIk=

Lvl64:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAdGv6_T4okChIsSi3BX-yKfUoaTh25smBfnPerIZMgHo1tQjBbVRR42_TZIj9o19MHzWin8rd9dW-vzFW6_dDZAK_94k_edUQ-fksRjbOd2m4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCIlKfYd2Z6B29znUoJ8x-rTFwuxsjGKsNj2dqrVIbWxwUioL8-rBM4bOIXZ6U2HrH0EGIxa_Ax4=

Lvl97:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40AXhmO7YMILtN-_rp9dQHRr-v0-KJAoSLEotwV_sin1KGk4dubJgX5YevPerIZMgF6U49PsTAi6ujWcaG1CDpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtabgfwIylNnGlQVRR42_yqldaJrxCIlNkiP2jX0wfNaKfysx-nb3OdR316CfVvpKfYd2Z6D8xcEzhs4hdluv3Q0s6aQ50IFH4iLiFSCQCoJeKlvC7FLsbIxirLTFNj2dqm1stUhwUioL8-ofQQYjFr8DHmHiJpVVS4w2yAy00XaC44T_3iT951S18m6qSsg_JypN2L01kjGepldN4_6P

Bandit Rewards:
Normal: help Oak (more life)
Cruel: help Oak (more phys dmg)
Merciless: kill all

Recommended Gear

Required Gear (in decreasing order of importance):
Weapon = very high physical damage Harbinger Bow or Decimation Bow. Must have +increased physical damage and +adds physical damage. Other nice rolls (not required): increased critical chance, critical multiplier, increased attack speed, increased accuracy

Quiver = Drillneck for the extra piercing damage

Gloves = Maligaro's Virtuosity with 'Vulnerability on hit'. This mod greatly improves the gameplay. I've tested Atziri's Acuity but it's not useful in this build

Body armour = Daresso's Defiance for the endurance charges (enduring cry is not good for this build) extra dodge and high stats. I tested kaom's heart and lightning coil and definitely dont like it. I think chest with 500ES+ 90life and some res would be better for atziri run

Head = Rat's Nest for faster actions and more criticals. This build is too slow. Starkonja's head is good for atziri run

Flasks = I highly recommend 2 seething life flask, 2 surgeon's quicksilver flasks and 1 surgeons mana/hybrid flask. 2 quicksilver make it very easy to walk around the map and avoid attacks. I never felt the need for defensive flasks except in the atziri run.

Jewelry = take +life +crit chance + crit multiplier +added damage and some resist if you can

Belt and boots = rares with +life and +resists enough to reach 75% elemental resist after purity of elements.

Current Gear

Not a godly gear to use the build, so far I'm trying to keep it cheap. I'll try to solo uber atziri though and will need to buy godly gear for that.

Strategy

Killing mobs: Always try to keep some range from mobs by shooting and moving, not just for defense but to keep them in line and maximize the number of hits in the crowd. The build is much more effective from long range and will hit more from distance. It's not a good idea to facetank and shoot with this build because they stop moving and take much less damage over time from puncture.

Killing bosses and exiles: Shoot 1-2 times and move away from his sight, repeat. The DoT will do the rest. Be careful with flameblast exile and atziri, it's the only thing hard to avoid an one-shot capable.

Maps: in reflect physical damage maps replace increased critical damage gem for added chaos damage if you're losing too much life. Avoid reflect physical+vulnerability or ref+fracture map cuz they can increase the reflect dmg way too much.
Elemental weakness, -max res, ele reflect or any other mods usually are no problem for me cuz this build don't got lots of elemental damage to be reflect and don't got hit too much. They're actually great mods for this build as the iiq bonus is so big and not so deadly.
2 rogues and 2 bosses are great mods, got very good drops and their easy to kill.
No-regen may be avoided because there is no easy red sockets to put blood magic.

Last edited by marcosyy87 on Aug 18, 2014, 1:55:34 PM
preciso atualizar
Versão em Português

Olá, gostaria de compartilhar a build q tenho utilizado ao longo deste último mês. É uma build baseada na skill puncture usando um arco de dano físico e com altos críticos para aproveitar o alto dano por segundo e usando acrobatics/smoke mine para a defesa.

Essa build é fácil de montar msm para um iniciante, pode ser utilizada para upar desde o início, é bem forte no conteúdo final do jogo, consegue matar atziri e mata todos os chefes facilmente. Não é cara tb. Não requer itens 6L para funcionar, eu usei 5L por muito tempo.

Vantagens e Desvantagens

Vantagens:
-equipamento barato
-consegue limpar os mapas de alto lvl rapidamente
-boa sobrevivência (morri só uma vez durante o merciless até chegar no lvl 90 na liga ambush)
-mata todo boss/exile/monstro/ou qualquer coisa com muita facilidade
-atinge distâncias enormes (mata boss a várias telas de distância)
-é forte contra habilidades normalmente difíceis, como -max resists ou -corrupting blood
-fácil de recuperar vida e mana

Desvantagens:
-não possui o maior dano por segundo do jogo
-não consegue 'tankar' de frente os monstros
-atira lentamente
-mapas com "reflect physical damage" são perigosos mas podem ser feitos

Como funciona

A gema Puncture em lvl20 causa 25% de dano extra por segundo para inimigos parados ou 126% para inimigos em movimento. Essa gema, com 20% de qualidade, dura 6.50 segundos. A passiva Entropy e a maldição Vulnerability aumentam o dano total pra aproximadamente 300% de dano extra durante 6.5s nos inimigos parados ou 1515% durante 6.5s para inimigos em movimento. Esse dano normalmente consegue matar com um só tiro os monstros no acerto normal e mata raros/chefes com acertos críticos. Qdo vc acerta um inimigo várias vezes, o maior dano por segundo é q continua ativo até seu tempo acabar, então espera-se pelo menos um crítico no meio destes acertos.

Vídeos

Mapa lvl78 Courtyard completamente limpado em 6min
http://youtu.be/wcL97sanE3s

Luta contra atziri no modo normal em 4min
http://youtu.be/jNr1y2ko1W0

Se precisar de algum vídeo específico desta build, é só pedir

Detalhes do ataque/defesa

No momento tenho 4.300 de vida, todas as resistências elementais no máximo (75%), 46% de esquiva, 30% de esquiva contra magia, 4000 de evasão e consigo sobreviver tranquilamente.

O ataque com lesser multiple projectiles (atira 3 flechas) mostra um dano por segundo de 16400 e o ataque de 1 flecha mostra 39400 de dano por segundo. O Vaal burning arrow trap mostra 8000 de dano por flecha, oq indica 40000 de dano por trap. Mas esses dados indicados no jogo são insignificantes para esta build pq o dano ao longo do tempo aplicado pelo puncture não foi calculado.

Gemas e Links

5L Colete: puncture + life leech + lesser multiple projectiles + pierce + increased critical damage + (se tiver 6L)power charge on critical
5L Arco: puncture + life leech + increased critical damage + added fire damage + faster attack + (se tiver 6L)physical projectile attack damage
4L: reduced mana + anger + purity of elements + smoke mine
4L: cast when damage taken + immortal call + increased duration + enfeeble
4L: vaal burning arrow + trap + greater multiple projectile + point blank (ou weapon elemental damage ou increased critical damage)

Vaal burning arrow trap é útil para limpar o 'box' instantaneamente (é só soltar 3 traps perto do box) e pra matar inimigos com aquele escudo de aproximação. Pode ser substituído para curses, totems ou oq for necessário.

Anger é a aura q escolhi pq ela adiciona dano por segundo sem poder ter 100% de seu dano refletido (o dano da queimadura não é refletido). Wrath aumentaria mais o dano mas o reflect damage machuca muito mais e hatred adiciona menos dano por hit (pq não causa queimadura) e para os movimentos do inimigo fazendo com q tomem menos dano. Qq uma é boa escolha, no entanto. Anger pode ser também facilmente substituída por purity of fire caso queira matar atziri.

Somke mine é muito útil para abrir 'box' e evitar os flickers. Certamente vale a pena usar.

Se tiver problema com reflect usando o puncture de 1 flecha, é melhor incluir as gemas trap+point blank no lugar de life leech+faster attacks pq desta forma o dano não é mais refletido.

Árvore de Passivas

Lvl40:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSi3BWn1P7IoaTh2yT951TVABXwOlgEfocZu-P-un11037veu4OVvp0QXfXlQUhdjH6dvfKqX8r1oowfG_yOdSgn1FHjb8FtbEwhs531PlW1CM=

Lvl65:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSi3BWn1P7IoaTh2yT951TVABXwOlgEfocZu-P-un11037veu4OVvp0QXfXlQUhdjH6dvfKqX8r1oowfG_yOdSgn1FHjb8FtbEwhs531PlW1CPdqMaiMHFLeDpCzero1t7253Rh4ofbFr_z6nBSwFHjhA-rbWy1SG17VUuMNiaVDkgRln_GJ6labSQ8MwwZ1f_epzSnXElRnaP8qw==

Lvl92:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSiu-P-un11037cFafU_sihpOHbJP3nVNUAFfA6WAR-hxlRRzMMGdX_3jB8b_I51KCffyvWinfXlQUhdjH6dvfKqaq4qn-Nfe4OI_bv8FpIjb8FtdQj3ajGojBxS3g6Qud0YeKV6V_haySxMIbOd9T5VrVIbXtVSyaVjDbjhMBRcFJjQw5IpzQRlp2j_Ktwu9kTL29_xiepWm0kPKdcSVHsGLTRdoLIDFb6_MVnoId2Sn3venRB2cYylH8CpuDN6ujW3vZtbA-r8ELz6ha_h9s=

Melhorias foram indicadas pelo @feyith, obrigado cara!

Durante a progressão, eu recomendo utilizar a passiva 'Throatseeker' q fica próximo do setor witch para aumentar o dano. Retire algumas passivas de vida, neste caso. Essa build não precisa de muito mais q 3000 de vida para ser eficiente, exceto nos mapas mais altos.
Evite a passiva +1 power charges enquanto não tiver um item 6L, pois só é útil se utilizar power charge on critical.

Quest Deal with Bandits:
Normal: ajude Oak (+life)
Cruel: ajude Oak (+dano físico)
Merciless: ajude Alira (power charge)

Equipamento indicado

Equipamento necessário:
Arma = Harbinger Bow com dano físico muito alto. Precisa ter +increased physical damage e +adds physical damage. Outros atributos interessantes (mas não essenciais): increased critical chance, critical multiplier, increased attack speed, increased accuracy

Aljava = Drillneck devido ao aumento no dano das flechas perfurantes

Luvas = Maligaro's Virtuosity com 'Vulnerability on hit'. Essa habilidade melhora muito a build. Já testei Atziri's Acuity nessa build mas não achei eficiente.

Capacete = Rat's Nest devido ao aumento na velocidade. Esta build é muito lenta

Sugestões:
Armadura = muitas opções decentes, mas a melhor na minha opinião é Daresso's Defiance pq ela gera endurance charges (enduring cry não funciona tão bem nessa build), aumenta esquiva e possui altos atributos. Lightning Coil é bom tb mas requer muitos itens extras para maximizar o lightning resist. Reflect physical damage é um problema sem uma dessas duas peças, já testei até Kaom's Heart mas não funcionou bem contra isso.

Poções = recomendo 2 seething life flask, 2 surgeon's quicksilver flasks e 1 surgeons mana/hybrid flask. 2 quicksilver ajudam muito a movimentação nos mapas e a fugir de ataques. Nunca senti falta de poções defensivas exceto no caso da atziri (onde são necessários poções contra fogo e eletricidade).

Jóias = procure +life +crit chance + crit multiplier +added damage e resistências

Cinto e botas = itens raros com +life e +resistências suficientes para atingir 75% de resistências elementais utilizando purity of elements.

Equipamento atual

Estratégias

Matar monstros: Sempre vá mantendo distância atirando e se movendo. Isso ajuda não só na defesa mas tb para manter os inimigos vindo em linha e maximizando o número de acertos. Essa build funciona muito melhor atirando a longas distâncias. Não é uma boa idéia encarar inimigos de frente e parado pq isto faz com q eles parem de andar e tomem menos dano do puncture.

Matando chefes e exiles: atire 1 ou 2 vezes e corra para fora da visão dele. O dano do puncture será suficiente para matá-lo. Repita até ele morrer. Muito cuidado com o exile q usa flameblast e atziri, pq são os únicos capazes de matar em um único golpe e difíceis de evitar.

Mapas: nos mapas com reflect physical damage, retire a gema increased critical damage e coloque added chaos se vc estiver perdendo muita vida. Evite jogar reflect physical damage+vujlnerability juntos, ou reflect physical+fracture pq estes mods aumentam muito o dano refletido.
Elemental weakness, -max res, reflect elemental damage e outros mods difíceis pra outras builds não são um grande problema pra esta pq não se causa tanto dano elemental pra ser refletido e se toma muitos hits. São, na verdade, ótimos mods pra se jogar pq aumentam bem a quantidade de itens.
2rogues e 2bosses são ótimos mods tb pq aumentam bem a quantidade e são fáceis de matar.
Mapas com no-regen são difíceis e podem ser evitados pq não é fácil encaixar blood magic nesta build.

Last edited by marcosyy87 on Aug 17, 2014, 7:33:20 PM
"
marcosyy87 wrote:
...can't reach like 100k tooltip DPS...

Ta-da! :D (I need to move a few points around in order to grab Entropy.)

Spoiler

As for build input, why do you spend points on Frenzy nodes when I see no charge generators in your setup? A little rerouting would get you way more stats.

Cool idea using it for groups though. I'd be worried about stray pierces hitting a physical reflect and 1-shotting me.

Edit: Entropy does not appear to affect the bleeding tool tip?
Last edited by feyith on Jun 10, 2014, 12:49:34 AM
Good Build, if my Voltaxic fails me I will definitely go with this one.
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
@feyith ty man, your tree is much better indeed! you're right about the frenzies, I just didn't payed enough attention to better ways, will update the post. How are you handling phys ref maps with such strong bow? piercing usually is not a problem for me as immortal call save my ass after first shot but hitting hard like you... is it safe? I think entropy didn't change the tooltip but works right, still must do the testings though.

@JuanTamod ty!
Physical reflect with Pierce would definitely kill me since can't evade against Lioneye's. I only use Puncture for bosses. I use CoC with an Elemental bow as my main attack for groups. I really like your idea though. I may try it on a different character with a safer bow.
You're reaching such dps with a lioneye's? wow thats impressive man, I thought it was with the mirrored harbinger
Lots of +physical damage and WED and party buffs. (Last I checked, self-buffed was only about 70-80K with Atziri's flask.)
Using Faster Attacks on Puncture seems kinda wasted, as the bleeding DoT does not stack, but only the highest DoT prevails.
I'd rather use Phys Projectile Attack Damage.
@2plex going for phys proj damage instead of faster in the 5L can be good idea too, but it makes the attack too slow and reflect more dangerous, I didn't liked it during my tests. It is stronger than added fire or faster attacks though. My main concern was avoiding death as best as I can cuz damage while lvling is overkill, I'd rather shot faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info