[2.2] Culler-support. Now also budget! - Full MF | 12.6kES | 7 Auras + Guardian

Just checked new ascendancy classes

When I heard about a flask-based class my heart stopped beating for a moment. I was expecting something like this: "Your flask effects don't end on full hp/mana." But nope, it's trash :(

Edit: The templar one seems pretty interesting though, assuming the power charge on kill works well with totems.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
Last edited by dulahan200 on Jan 29, 2016, 11:35:55 PM
"
dulahan200 wrote:
Just checked new ascendancy classes

When I heard about a flask-based class my heart stopped beating for a moment. I was expecting something like this: "Your flask effects don't end on full hp/mana." But nope, it's trash :(

Edit: The templar one seems pretty interesting though, assuming the power charge on kill works well with totems.

Looking forward to culling in March
I get many compliments because of you

Hats off to you

I will stay active in this thread
Last edited by Zo0 on Jan 30, 2016, 6:51:33 PM
I was able to get my hands on my first Shav's ever (5L6S on Tali for 6Ex, been playing since Beta), so I figured I would give this build a go. Once I banked 6 skill points and hit 62, it was jaw dropping.

I leveled and ran with a Self Cast Bladefall friend, and I support the hell out of him. Only problem is, his build kills too fast! I am culling SOME of the Blue mobs, Most of the Yellow mobs, and all Unique ones though.

I scrapped up enough to buy 2 lvl 2 enlightens, and at lvl 71, I can easily run 7 auras with 250 life to spare (88 per totem or something like that). I only have 5200 ES because I have yet to take the ES nodes, but when I get them and a helmet around 250-300 ES, I should have around 7500-8k ES, making me pretty damn tanky with max resists.

The only item I am missing, is the distillation potions. I plan on running 2 of them, and trying to get a larger health pool while 7 auras are up, so that the potion doesn't wear off before duration.

I use to run Spork MF (spark totem) WAY back in the day, quit for a few and came back to a MF summy build (this was nuts), and now I am full on support and MF with this build. When your with someone who clears super fast in end game gear, it's nice to be able to max their resists, give them vitality, haste, evasion, and cull/MF and reep the rewards.

When my friend is not on though, I feel like a turd. I try and jump into Public games, but their are ALOT of bad players out there, which make it hard to support. Running Dried Lakes with some lvl 80's who are all flashy/multistrike/noise makers but cannot kill anything is a real pain.

Might try and make this more of a hybrid with the damage dealing Flame Totem builds I see around, just so I can do some low-mid tier maps if I am all alone, or at least assist in DPS in the baddy public groups.

Fun build though TS. Love supporting, and love MF'ing!

Here is my current gear setup...

Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Feb 1, 2016, 9:07:04 AM
"
Zo0 wrote:
I get many compliments because of you

I only get complains. WTF too much loot, I can't see :(
btw, I haven't said so, but if you have a standard group, show them a good itemfilter.

"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
-snip-

If you don't have friends who are often online, it can be very annoying, public parties are hell.

When I came back from a break, most of my old runners had quit or were playing temp leagues, and those were hard times. What I did was create a pub game with my stats and build, asking for runners in high maps. Something similar to this:

xxxIIR+yyyIIQ culler joining YOUR 77+ maps. Only fast clears. Build: thread/943897

Aiming for high maps removes most of the people who have no idea what they are doing and the leechers, as not everyone could sustain those maps at that time. Some people said "add me bro I do 82s all time and need a culler" but rarely if ever invited me, others cleared too slowly, but after some time I built some map groups. Now I only conserve 4-5 people, but it is enough.

I'm not sure it was the best I could do, but it worked for me. Maybe it helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you still decide to go for a jack of all trades Culler-support-shittydpsMF skipping bloodmagic and all travel nodes is probably better (can't give you tree as I don't play it). Depending on how much do you play, or if you want to keep playing in standard, leveling a another dps char will be a much better option.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you said you played spark, can you check my comment at the end of page 9?
"
dulahan200 wrote:
I'm not sure it was the best I could do, but it worked for me. Maybe it helps.

If you still decide to go for a jack of all trades Culler-support-shittydpsMF skipping bloodmagic and all travel nodes is probably better (can't give you tree as I don't play it). Depending on how much do you play, or if you want to keep playing in standard, leveling a another dps char will be a much better option.

Since you said you played spark, can you check my comment at the end of page 9?

I played Spork WAY back in the day, before anything was "legacy" and you could get insane IR/IQ numbers. I am guessing, and this is only a guess, that the forked sparks cull as well. I never had any issues culling with Spark, as 2 totems filled up the entire screen and made it so I didn't have to get too far ahead of the party to make sure I got a totem down in time to cull anything.[/quote]

I miss those days...

About the build.

I have been messing with trees the past 2 days online to try and make the best MF/culling/DPS build possible that can still do 7 auras now that I got a Shav, and will keep messing with it. I might just switch to the DPS dual totem builds and incorporate as many aura nodes as possible, I am not sure.

That being said, I want to finish my current path now, as I have tons of ES/life nodes to pick up and I want to see how high the numbers get :)

PS: I ran in 3-4 different lake groups yesterday, and you would be surprised how many people are using this exact same build, or VERY close to it. Kind of sucks in a way, because one of us has to jack our auras up and go damage, or just find another group, lol...
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Feb 2, 2016, 7:34:06 AM
Do you agreed when people say MF is really bad right now? I feel as its hurting right now because you the lack of profitable drops.
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
PS: I ran in 3-4 different lake groups yesterday, and you would be surprised how many people are using this exact same build, or VERY close to it. Kind of sucks in a way, because one of us has to jack our auras up and go damage, or just find another group, lol...

I haven't gotten into anyone else playing this build, but I don't play pubs anymore, so not that I had the chance xD. Are you sure they were both cullers and supports? Because, judging from forum guides, full support is decently popular. And going MF totems, swapping culling strike for groups is pretty popular too.

"
Zo0 wrote:
Do you agreed when people say MF is really bad right now? I feel as its hurting right now because you the lack of profitable drops.

Well, it was much muuuuuuuch better 2 years ago. And, unless GGG changes several things, it's better now than it will be tomorrow. But it's still good (specially if you can get IIQ).

What it isn't worth it is soloing with insane numbers of MF, because clearspeed decreases too much (leave out 1k exalts builds). But cullers will always have a place in the meta, more so if they can pack some utility.
More ascendancy classes revealed.

The templar one seems really good for support chars.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1585986

The bad thing is that the 2 best subclasses for this build are templars, and they have a poor passive tree.
Last edited by dulahan200 on Feb 11, 2016, 8:00:02 PM
hey im running this gear atm, any tip to improve?
and i'm at 32/160 in my HO witouth gems/auras/flasks
Spoiler

I dont have master at lvl7 there is no gold ring with %ES crafted in talisman atm.
Last edited by bugziiio on Feb 21, 2016, 2:56:07 PM
I'm looking at the Guardian and going "wow".

I'm looking at how I would remake my tree for templar and going "nooononono. NOPE."

Hmmm. :/

(My support culler is Utility_Function. Entry level stuff, but my guild loves it.)
Last edited by SpidaFly on Feb 22, 2016, 12:25:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info