When will we have Puncture skill turned into Support gem?

"
Boem wrote:
Oh look he's back with more ridicules suggestions...

Bummer. . .

Kind of funny, as everyone is actually ridiculing his suggestion.
"just for try, for see and for know"
I didn't ridicule it. I want a DoT support, like 'poison blades' or whatever. Puncture is fine as an active gem, however.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Oh right, I almost forgot that you think you deserve to be addressed separately.

*some people are ridiculing it.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Cheers! I would like to believe I'm part of 'everyone'. :P

But hey, if not. Also cool.

Back on topic: if we were to have a DoT support, it'd have to be pretty weak. Chaos damage seems the easy answer, since it's fairly hard to buff chaos damage, and chaos typically represents 'poison'.

Puncture, on the other hand, should stay an active gem because it does what it says on the box: you puncture the enemy, such that if they move, they bleed out real fast. There's no reason why fireballs, lightning bolts and so on should do the same.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 2, 2014, 8:15:07 PM
"
Charan wrote:

Puncture, on the other hand, should stay an active gem because it does what it says on the box: you puncture the enemy, such that if they move, they bleed out real fast. There's no reason why fireballs, lightning bolts and so on should do the same.

Puncture is not the effect, bleeding is the effect, so the gem would add Bleed effect to the skill, bleed only account physical damage, so you lightning wouldnt do anything with puncture

sure it would need a nerf in order to be a support
something like

Puncture
support,attack,duration
200%multiplier
40% less damage
Supported skill has 50% chance to make your foe bleed
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jun 2, 2014, 8:20:57 PM
See, that's the sort of thing you should have put in your original post.

It would need to be renamed, something like lacerate or perforate, but a weaker 'bleed' support could be cool. I don't see why 'Puncture' can cause bleeding but 'Cleave' can't. They both cut the enemy, both have a *chance* to cause bleeding.

So that'd be my stipulation. Chance to bleed rather than absolute. That way Puncture remains the go-to skill for guaranteed bleeding, whereas this new support would simply add a chance for your attack to create what another game called 'open wounds'. And of course the DoT would be weaker than Puncture's.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 2, 2014, 8:40:40 PM
"
Charan wrote:
I didn't ridicule it. I want a DoT support, like 'poison blades' or whatever
Perhaps a Poison support. Poison might be a bit to strong to be a support though (20% of the hit over 2 seconds for those unaware). Chance or melee only or w/e. Or maybe I overestimate it. Played with Mortem but not Adders.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
^if you make it melee, ST players will get even more buff for there buck.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^if you make it melee, ST players will get even more buff for there buck.

OMFG FUCK ST. :(
Melee attack instead of melee weapon fixes that.

But then bows/wands lose it :/
Edit: Wait bleed or poison. This is aimed at bleed but Boem may have pointed at poison.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Jun 2, 2014, 9:00:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info