CI LIGHTNING STRIKE - FREEZE BUILD

"
Since you've got a CoE, might also be worth testing CWDT (level 1 for maximum damage reduction) + Righteous Fire (level 5, to fit under the CWDT). Given how quickly you get from fight to fight, you should have little problem sustaining it, even without RotP, and you're only 3 points away from Elemental Adaptation if you think that 2% will make a big difference.

Thanks for the idea, I'll test it out. I'll probably need to carry flasks with dousing though to turn off RF when not in combat.
nice guide you have there! i also want to try a lightning strike build with a shavs but i have some questions..

what are your bandit choices ?
how viable is the build if i picked scion or shadow ?
how much accuracy/critical strike chance you have in town ?
what is your tooltip dps in town ? (i know it does not show the projectile damage but i am curious)

thanks in advance :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Since you've got a CoE, might also be worth testing CWDT (level 1 for maximum damage reduction) + Righteous Fire (level 5, to fit under the CWDT). Given how quickly you get from fight to fight, you should have little problem sustaining it, even without RotP, and you're only 3 points away from Elemental Adaptation if you think that 2% will make a big difference.

Thanks for the idea, I'll test it out. I'll probably need to carry flasks with dousing though to turn off RF when not in combat.

Let me know how it works. I've been thinking of doing something similar for a critcast build in the next league :).
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

Let me know how it works. I've been thinking of doing something similar for a critcast build in the next league :).

The damage is insane but I get burnt so fast. You can sustain it in fights for a bit with Purity of Fire, Ruby flask for +max fire and if necessary Divination Distillate and your leech, but as soon as they run out or you stop leeching I get burnt very fast unless I douse it with a flask. The CWDT set up is risky for me because I don't have control of when it starts. However it is definitely doable if you set it to manual and only activate it for short period as a DPS booster when you need some insane DPS and then you have to immediately douse it. My tooltip DPS for LS went from 135K to 199K using a level 1 RF linked in a CWDT; again this is a bit misleading because those numbers are for the melee attack and not the projectiles which I have built for.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 6, 2014, 11:35:06 PM
"
azamantes wrote:
nice guide you have there! i also want to try a lightning strike build with a shavs but i have some questions..

what is your tooltip dps in town ? (i know it does not show the projectile damage but i am curious)

Hi, thanks!

- I recommend: kill all for passive point, help oak for physical damage, help alira for power charge
- Yes viable. For Scion I recommend going the spell damage route and then linking up into the main tree. You do not need attack speed if you use Multistrike. Shadow is a bit less-straightforward and depends on your preferences. I would go with the spell damage nodes and then those elemental nodes and then grab Mental Acuity and then link up into the main tree. You could also do Witch as well and get mana regen, mana, and ES then link into the main tree. I think it comes down to:
- Ranger: attack speed and accuracy
- Shadow: DPS (spell damage and elemental damage)
- Scion: less DPS than Shadow but takes fewer points to link into the main tree
- Witch: more mana and more ES

- In town I have: 83% accuracy and 61% crit chance. The accuracy is not great and I would like it to be around 90% but if you are super rich and can craft/buy some end-game jewellery you should be able to get much higher accuracy than I have
- I have 22.4K DPS in town. This is how it scales for me:

Town: 22.4K DPS
then
Add Hatred: 38.8K
then
Add Wrath: 48.8K
then
Get to low-life for PA: 63.4K
then
Blood Rage: 100.8K
then
Add 4 Power Charges and 3 Frenzy Charges: 135.5K

Yes, this is all for the melee attack and not the projectile damage which I have built for and linked, cannot be displayed. Hopefully GGG introduces this sometime in the future.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 6, 2014, 11:35:34 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:

Hi, thanks!

- I recommend: kill all for passive point, help oak for physical damage, help alira for power charge
- Yes viable. For Scion I recommend going the spell damage route and then linking up into the main tree. You do not need attack speed if you use Multistrike. Shadow is a bit less-straightforward and depends on your preferences. I would go with the spell damage nodes and then those elemental nodes and then grab Mental Acuity and then link up into the main tree. You could also do Witch as well and get mana regen, mana, and ES then link into the main tree. I think it comes down to:
- Ranger: attack speed and accuracy
- Shadow: DPS (spell damage and elemental damage)
- Scion: less DPS than Shadow but takes fewer points to link into the main tree
- Witch: more mana and more ES

- In town I have: 83% accuracy and 61% crit chance. The accuracy is not great and I would like it to be around 90% but if you are super rich and can craft/buy some end-game jewellery you should be able to get much higher accuracy than I have
- I have 22.4K DPS in town. This is how it scales for me:

Town: 22.4K DPS
then
Add Hatred: 38.8K
then
Add Wrath: 48.8K
then
Get to low-life for PA: 63.4K
then
Blood Rage: 100.8K
then
Add 4 Power Charges and 3 Frenzy Charges: 135.5K

Yes, this is all for the melee attack and not the projectile damage which I have built for and linked, cannot be displayed. Hopefully GGG introduces this sometime in the future.

Hope this helps

it does help. ty.

however i think my dps will be half of what you said:( after buying the shavs, i dont have currency to get a mirrored dagger, so the best i can get now would be a bino's.

one small question though. i like to do some magic find runs. what are the support gems that give the most dps ? (planning to use lightning strike+item rarity+item quantity)

thanks in advance again:)
"
Ceryneian wrote:
The damage is insane but I get burnt so fast. You can sustain it in fights for a bit with Purity of Fire, Ruby flask for +max fire and if necessary Divination Distillate and your leech, but as soon as they run out or you stop leeching I get burnt very fast unless I douse it with a flask. The CWDT set up is risky for me because I don't have control of when it starts. However it is definitely doable if you set it to manual and only activate it for short period as a DPS booster when you need some insane DPS and then you have to immediately douse it. My tooltip DPS for LS went from 135K to 199K using a level 1 RF linked in a CWDT; again this is a bit misleading because those numbers are for the melee attack and not the projectiles which I have built for.

I got a chance to play with this a little bit, too. It looks like CWDT's damage penalty isn't applied to the RF burn, for some reason. That's pretty frustrating.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
azamantes wrote:

it does help. ty.

however i think my dps will be half of what you said:( after buying the shavs, i dont have currency to get a mirrored dagger, so the best i can get now would be a bino's.

one small question though. i like to do some magic find runs. what are the support gems that give the most dps ? (planning to use lightning strike+item rarity+item quantity)

thanks in advance again:)

Sorry for late reply. Since this build is based on projectiles these are the 3 highest damage gems you can use:

- PPAD
- Inc. Crit Damage
- WED
- Special mention: Lightning Penetration - this gives some sick damage since it acts as -max. This will allow you to shock easier which in turn multiplies all your damage. Downside is the very high mana multiplier.

If you dont care about dying and just want sick deeps - build for melee attack. That was how I got to 250K damage with my gear. Melee links: - Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, WED, Inc. Crit Damage, and then PCOC/Additional Accuracy. However you can probably see the problem with this lol - you need 4R and 1B or 1G on the Shav so it can take a lot of chromes.

Multistrike is super important for both the range and melee forms because it allows you to take advantage of shocks and stack them quickly since they can have a short duration especially on bosses. If you shock you will notice your damage will spike dramatically, since it is multiplying all your damage. However Multistrike has a damage penalty but it is not a big deal compared to the insane attack speed you get.

LS is very flexible you can try many other gems that work and give good damage.

EDIT: If you are using Bino's, it may not be that great for low-life vs. a good rare. However you might want to try building into Zealot's Oath so you can get ES regen from the Bino's.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 13, 2014, 7:04:31 PM
hi there again. i was wandering how much the new changes will affect this build:

- not being able to run 2 60% auras on life anymore
- aura nodes are nerfed
- shock stacking (only 50% and thats it)
- wrath they are going to reduce the amount reserved but also the flat damage
- crown of eyes not working anymore with pain attunement

you can find the new passive tree here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994393

i was thinking about something like this

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYtgxmKm7X7CcM6Iur22spK6NYaj2-e53SDCZykbWzbGkZxhxO1SDY9EHu0DOGIdwfz6pma44S-Ouq6kycdqioL62PAnPVLDXwc3HBSES-nNPb8wQBXyX_GDY1HBij6wcURlmwL8uHb59h26-6Cx-wYkBsi9GNDX2q5PriTDH1wu3BWbRmsZqcIEH_ZE5oTEVAs4RVQj0bGni9v29Q1uX3jHRSnK_rSZp4XL8AacU1k51nzms9V1phvQ2OApJJ9tzHlz1j1ncTN6g==

what do you think ?
"
azamantes wrote:
hi there again. i was wandering how much the new changes will affect this build:

- not being able to run 2 60% auras on life anymore
- aura nodes are nerfed
- shock stacking (only 50% and thats it)
- wrath they are going to reduce the amount reserved but also the flat damage
- crown of eyes not working anymore with pain attunement

you can find the new passive tree here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994393

i was thinking about something like this

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYtgxmKm7X7CcM6Iur22spK6NYaj2-e53SDCZykbWzbGkZxhxO1SDY9EHu0DOGIdwfz6pma44S-Ouq6kycdqioL62PAnPVLDXwc3HBSES-nNPb8wQBXyX_GDY1HBij6wcURlmwL8uHb59h26-6Cx-wYkBsi9GNDX2q5PriTDH1wu3BWbRmsZqcIEH_ZE5oTEVAs4RVQj0bGni9v29Q1uX3jHRSnK_rSZp4XL8AacU1k51nzms9V1phvQ2OApJJ9tzHlz1j1ncTN6g==

what do you think ?

Hi! I will take a look at your trees later today when I get home.

I actually used only 1 60% aura and Clarity on life. Anger did not give me much DPS so I took it out in favor of more mana regen for my attack.

Yes damage will seem lower based on these changes from today, but also remember that LStrike should be getting a buff. And the lightning nodes on tree have also been buffed.

I think we will save a lot of points because I no longer plan to go all the way to Templar.

It is too early to know until we see more patch notes.

I don't run many auras on the build - I think I did only 5 usually including Clarity.

Also - the Shock change is a buff! We already one shot regular mobs, but now it is easier to sustain shock damage against bosses and your damage on average vs bosses will be higher - since it was hard to triple shock some bosses.

I'll be sure to work on updating the build after patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info