[2.2] Brentorg's Nutter Discharger Build (Wand CoC) TOP DPS

IGN: JarRa_hello
Last edited by JarRa_hello on Jun 30, 2014, 5:57:09 AM
Thank you for your interesting thoughts. The passive tree you made is for a lvl 94 character and it would require some gear changes as you said.
As for the three dragons I was using it recently on a flame surge setup to ignite mobs with ice spear. I didn't think about using it on the main discharge combo. That may be the ultimate combination of life leech and power charge on critical setups to allow usage of righteous fire.
Dropping the ice spear is too disadvantageous as it is essential to maintain a high level of power charges, you may actually lower the dps by a lot if you replace it with a support (it will be like the other coc discharge builds that explode with 1-3 power charges vs single targets).
Not playing anymore - Support and replies on my build thread are discontinued
Last edited by Xanvast on Jun 30, 2014, 9:25:11 AM
So after some testing it doens't work well in solo because everything dies in one shot and the frozen status is not applied before death, the leech is insufficient. But I'll try to find a way.

Edit: too much hp lost with 3 Dragons.
Last edited by Xanvast on Jun 30, 2014, 10:17:35 AM
I tested 3 Dragons too. So...it's not the best idea.
How do you use RF? Because you lose a lot of HP...
IGN: JarRa_hello
The life leech is acting like regen that makes up for the hp degen. You have to find the right fire resistance and quality on the gem not to regen hp over rf and just buffer it with 800hp flasks not to hit full life. 5% leech from frozen ennemies could be enough if it was proliferated or affected more ennemies than just the few with ice spear.
Hi Xanvast, is there a ES way fo your build ?. I came back after 3 months to paly again POE and have full passive respec. Its viable ES changes instead of HP ? and from shadow or scion skill tree ?.

EDIT: Also i have leg shav, could be working better with that ?.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
Last edited by Dhoros on Jul 1, 2014, 5:19:28 AM
Hi Dhoros.

It may be possible but you would have to make drastic changes on the passives and gear. In the actual form i'm using 7 uniques out of 10 items and eldrich battery + acrobatcis are incompatible with ES. Moreover you can't make this build with another chest than Voll's Protector, the discharge can't do without it. But you can use other combinations with it np. They are all just inferior in damage.
I am not sure if this build is benefitting from EE.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium
The discharge dmg is light/fire simutaneously, which will proc EE. So the subsequent discharge dmg will be reduced?
You have flat lce and light dmg on gear, so I guess that procs EE as well. In this case light dmg is reduced and fire dmg is increased.
I have replaced the Berek's Grip with another ring. I only have added cold damage right now so barrage and ice spear both drop the lightning and fire resistances of targets. It was working before too but just not as clean.
I am not sure i understand what your new setup means. Have you stoped using discharge? Or do you go back to it only for the boss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info