[1.3.] DPS-Melee 100k+ XxHighSocietyxX -ATZIRI(video) NEXT UPDATE at ACT4

heheh you see, 30k and you havent much DPS nodes in passive tree, and low dps SoulTaker

buy legacy ST :D or switch to Corsair Sword like i do :P

did 1 run after weeks Atziri 5mins ago and got a drop ->

hahaha i lvled up last weeks, and then 1 run.. droppp *ding*
Atziri Farm-Service http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/941670

MY SHOP -> view-thread/923903

MY BUILD: DPS Melee (duellist/marauder) -> /view-thread/938691
grats on hope i ran 5 sets today an not once a map piece dropped.

Yeah my (287 dps)

I have this as well (320 dps)

Now i am broke. This I have from my previous build and have 1 mode left and I wish I could role that crit chance on the dagger. I have an eternal saved also to replace the cold dmg . But to scare to yolo exalt it

1st phase I can do w/o dying.
2nd phase i die a lot ot that CB
3rd phase is easier for me at least.

I wish i could afford the legacy ST. I would buy it in a heart beat.
ambusher sucks for this build, youre doin phys dmg..
Atziri Farm-Service http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/941670

MY SHOP -> view-thread/923903

MY BUILD: DPS Melee (duellist/marauder) -> /view-thread/938691
Well i got a new chest today

Unfortunately the RNG chroms (2ex in chroms gone) gods arent with me. So I did a minor substitute, I decided to swap out faster attack for WeD.

its a decent substitute imo since the dps difference is minimum. But the chest gave me a greater boost to my ehp (4.2k). I also gained chaos resistance which i lacked in my gear. Now i can play with my other gear and look for greater dps rings

update
I spent over 3 exa in chrom and no luck with 4r2g. So i am sticking for now with 5R1G. Now my question is this. I can replace faster attacks with Weapon elemental dmg and lose around 800 dps. Or I can drop double strike and get

1) CLeave
2) Infernal blow
3) heavy strike

which one do u think will get me more dps

Edit
according to poe.builder
Heavy strike should get me 4k more dps with the same setup
Last edited by obscenely on Jul 8, 2014, 10:46:33 PM
Hello,

A few questions for this build:

1. I cant seem decide if im gonna go with a sword or a axe, but for max dps output it seems i should decide in order to start skilling some weapon specific nodes in order to get more dps. The way i understand it is that i should only go for axe if im gonna try to get my hands on a soul taker, is that correct? And what kind of weapon should i look for while leveling, what kind of sword/axe etc. And for endgame, is it any unique sword that fits this build, or just a high dps rare?

2. Why havent you skulled unwavering stance? isnt stun immunity any good?

Thanks for any response to this :)
"
alindland wrote:
Hello,

A few questions for this build:

1. I cant seem decide if im gonna go with a sword or a axe, but for max dps output it seems i should decide in order to start skilling some weapon specific nodes in order to get more dps. The way i understand it is that i should only go for axe if im gonna try to get my hands on a soul taker, is that correct? And what kind of weapon should i look for while leveling, what kind of sword/axe etc. And for endgame, is it any unique sword that fits this build, or just a high dps rare?

2. Why havent you skulled unwavering stance? isnt stun immunity any good?

Thanks for any response to this :)

Q.1:
Sword vs Axe its just what u can afford to get your hands on for higher dps. Also the skill used are different. The main difference is Swords(reave) vs Axe (double strike). I use heavy strike instead of double strike bc i cant get the color combo needed. I would recommend, if u decide to go axe, get a chest with 4R2G.

The reason I decided to go axe was bc I wanted to run 4 auras. Soul taker will allow u to do that in combination with Alpha howl. Now if u decide to go axe or sword u will need mana regen and mana leech on gear. This can be a pain to get since u will sacrifice some mods/nodes to get them. Overall its a preference. I imagine u can get a better dps rare weapon for the price of a soul taker. Mine has only 287 dps. WHile for the same price u can get a rare axe or sword with over 320 dps. Just chose your own poison pretty much.

Q.2:
From my experience I have yet to be stunned and I always carry just in case a lightning flask, since the higher bosses do primarily lightning dmg so having a flask helps greatly

I will attach my gear and flask i carry around.

Spoiler

With my setup its possible to kill atziri. The only issue is phase 2 the trio and the only reason is bc of shitty Corrupted Blood. I would also recommend buying a legacy aegis (Walmart_girl has a few of them)

Also try and get a chest with either % to armour + ES or % eva + ES. The ES is what actually keeps u alive thats why i get either Int or ES on my rings as well as helps with Disc Aura.

Auras that I run are:
PoL/F
Disc
Hatred
Vaal Haste

Now i swap out PoL for either Grace or Haste depending on the map or boss content.
Thank you for a very good response, with much needed information :)

I was about to buy a lashwar amulet, but with my setup so far i would loose to much of my mana regen as im currently using Atziris Foible amulet with loads of mana reg. I looked up the soul taker and the cheapest one i found was like 40 exalted. Guess im pretty far away from that with my 2 exalted in my stash :/

Im currently only lvl 53 at act 1 merciless, and everyting is going ok. But i have started to encounter some small problems, for example the cold dmg guy on the medicine chest quest. That was just insane amounts of damage. Is it usual to have problems with him? I got a feeling that my dps is a bit low currently, and i do need to get some more survivability. Im guessing more block and hp as my resistances are all 70% +, except my chaos res thats pretty low.

This is my current gear, any recommendations on "easy" upgrades?

I do have this chest in my stash, but i need some fusings to get the links up:
"
alindland wrote:
Thank you for a very good response, with much needed information :)

I was about to buy a lashwar amulet, but with my setup so far i would loose to much of my mana regen as im currently using Atziris Foible amulet with loads of mana reg. I looked up the soul taker and the cheapest one i found was like 40 exalted. Guess im pretty far away from that with my 2 exalted in my stash :/

Im currently only lvl 53 at act 1 merciless, and everyting is going ok. But i have started to encounter some small problems, for example the cold dmg guy on the medicine chest quest. That was just insane amounts of damage. Is it usual to have problems with him? I got a feeling that my dps is a bit low currently, and i do need to get some more survivability. Im guessing more block and hp as my resistances are all 70% +, except my chaos res thats pretty low.

This is my current gear, any recommendations on "easy" upgrades?
Spoiler

I do have this chest in my stash, but i need some fusings to get the links up:

Q.1 Cold resistance
Get yourself an Alpha Howl Helm. This will protect you against the cold and chill freeze effects as well as give u a dps boost. cost around 1-4 exalts
Spoiler

q.2 Chaos Resistance
For now dont worry about chaos resistance. I had zero chaos resistance until recently. A good way to deal with chaos is to have a good amount of Life gain on Hit or Life Leech

q.3 Dps
Its low bc u dont have a 5l chest. Also your gems are low lvl. It comes down to the proper combination of gems to get the damamge. As well as you being Low LvL. You will not see the true nature of the beast until u hit lvl 80's like most build. You can buy a 5l chest for 1-3 exalts

Q.4 Mana issus
yes this is a gigantic issue with this build if u dont have the proper setup

Visit these sites

Shop
http://poe.xyz.is/

Build theorize
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQA

The main reason I use poe.builder it to see whether a new item will give me a dps boost, since you can upload your current gear and then add a NEW ITEM. It also allows you to add GEMS.
Last edited by obscenely on Jul 9, 2014, 9:44:11 AM
great build just woundering wat ur mana cost on reave is?
i cant seem to spam mine
any tips or tricks
would it be worth to get mana flows?
Last edited by turlight on Jul 15, 2014, 11:45:33 PM
"
turlight wrote:
great build just woundering wat ur mana cost on reave is?
i cant seem to spam mine
any tips or tricks
would it be worth to get mana flows?

I had the same though issue as you and decided to plug in some hypothetical weapons in to poe.builder.com

It comes down to having Mana regen on your gear + picking up those two extra mana regen near the duelist tree as well as sacrificing faster attack for mana leech if you dont have it on your gear.

When I compared a 400 dps axe to my 287 dps soul taker, the soul taker came on top.
The reasons why
1) more Auras ( I run 20 Haste 20 Hatred 20 Disc 20 PoF all at once)
2) sacrificing 2 nodes from either damage or defense

If you link your gear it would be easier to see where the issue is. Also if you cant get the color combo 4r2g ( i waste 5 exalts on chroms)I recommend this set up.

Substitue
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info