Remove alt f4 plz.

Plz remove alt f4. It should be seen as a exploit.
example Kripp have saved himself with it over and over. And many others.

make it 5 - 10 seconds delay before you leave game.

Play like men keke

----

I did assume, People would be able to understand what i am pointing at. Its not about quitting game, its about being able to instantly log-out of death situations...

plz stop acting stupid now.
Last edited by Nubtard on Feb 2, 2013, 1:08:21 PM
alt + F4 is a windows shortcut to close a program, that's not really something GGG can fix ;) it's always been something to exploit on hardcore in any game.
that is not necessarily correct

just dont disconnect at alt+f4 and rather let the game run into a timeout

that said I am not 100% sure it is necessary, hardcore players still die to things
So that's how you play hardcore. Make super tanky build to never die and even if you're going to die, exploit alt+f4 or something? I think, I'll stick to lower difficulties.
Last edited by orzewoi on Feb 2, 2013, 4:25:51 AM
ATM I'm against this. PoE is still in beta state and thus tends to crash sometimes. If player crashes and would not instantly log out - they would die. It would be quite unfair.

"
ichigosakura wrote:
alt + F4 is a windows shortcut to close a program, that's not really something GGG can fix ;) it's always been something to exploit on hardcore in any game.

Incorrect. You can do anything you want with alt and f4, including disable it.
Would support that for Cutthroat league, not too sure about SC and HC =S

Also my inner armchair psychologist thinks that alt-f4 provides an easy excuse for the blame game when you die, and reduces ragequit and/or stupid stuff in the forums. I'm sorry, MORE stupid stuff in the forums >_< while boosting retention and so possible income.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but someone in GC mentioned that there is in fact a (mechanical) delay to alt-f4, one that doesn't exist if you logout through the escape menu? though possibly only when the game is lagging.
i died when i got disconnected, do you instantly leave the game when using altf4?
Yes your character should still be ingame for 30 secs if you arent in a town when you dont logout properly.
If you want the game to wait 10 seconds before it lets you log out, consider that you will also have to survive for 10 seconds while being incapable of doing anything in case of a big lag spike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info