The Custom Avatar Art Gallery (updated 24th July, 2014)

Welcome to the Custom Avatar Art gallery, now with titles and small descriptions. Simply click the spoiler tag to see the art and read a few words from the owner.

I've added titles to some artworks, based on what the owner has said, but for the most part, I'd like avatar owners to provide their own desired title. Some of these also contain hi-res versions and drafts. A few supporters also have more than one avatar.

Happy browsing!

Gallery One

Fiveby5: A Simple Job
The avatar is Shadow's point of view as he finishes off his last target, which subsequently results in him being shipped to Wraeclast. Being able to define the entire scene for Shadow's last act before he was exiled was an absolutely amazing honor.

Hi-Res version with drafts.
409qmnc
Maverickroll
metisuneatn
Kiwis are cute? Rainbows are awesome? Is win? I could make up some badass story about it but you see, I'm hungry, and very lazy.
Charan: Heeding the Call
This is from my volunteer moderator days. A player called Epsil0n suggested the idea, so I ran with it.
ransagy
Abattoir
Avatar is based on a similar photo I've used on other forums. I also am a summoning fanatic and since I will be playing a summoner the majority of my time in Wraeclast, a hideous, undead face just seemed fitting.
Lazerus
My avatar is the result of GGG's take on the "Old Ones" from H.P. Lovecraft's works.
They tweaked the design to match PoE's atmosphere a bit better (Old Ones really don't look THAT creepy, just odd).

I was very happy with their work on it!
ualac
my avatar relates to my account name, which is one i've used for ages. it's inspired by a lesser demon Ualac that appears in the Hellboy story 'Box Full of Evil'

in that tale he's been trapped in a box for what must be centuries:

The Countess opens the box, and what looks like a fly flies out of the box and into her mouth. Possessed by the demon, she turns her husband into a monkey.

er ... skipping the bit about the monkey, Ualac steals the crown off of Hellboy's head but is eventually recaptured and is miniaturised, entombed in amber and given to Astaroth (along with the crown) to look after in Pandemonium.

hence, a (Wraeclast) fly in amber.
Kraide
The inspiration behind mine was a Star Wars promotional poster with Luke holding his lightsaber up and Leia with a blaster behind him. The templar is holding the shield "Prism Guardian".
Neokolzia
Durentis
My name comes from Stargate, meaning Insane or Crazy.

I was using a Replicator avatar for some time on various sites but it was pretty poor quality and blah. I submitted that and a short description of what I was hoping for and certainly wasn't disappointed. Soon after the submission, I received a composite of a few ideas to comment on and then my shiny new avatar appeared in the forum.
Elynole
My avatar is a pretty easy one to figure out I suppose. It's just the "E" in Elynole. I've used the same gamer tag for everything since like 1996.

I'm pretty obsessed with Genealogy - I'm currently working on documenting my entire family tree at the moment, and have been collecting (along with my Uncle) as many of our family documents as possible. My family history is really old, seeming to date back as early as the 9th Century AD originally from the Wales area. In searching for this history I've sort of fell in love with family crests/markings/signets/seals and decided I'd create a seal for my character, so that's how the avatar came about.
Zahndethus: Always speak kindly to an enraged Dragon
Hi-Res version, with drafts.
ARgPdPO
LeHeup80
Fr0zenice
XvXReaperXvX
My alter ego/ gamer handle is the XvXReaperXvX. I've been known as this for so many years. Long enough so that when I googled my gamer name I found pages and pages of my gaming life. Yet if I search my real name I get nothing. I've been using a picture of a Reaper tattoo that I found on the net. Needless to say, it wasn't good enough. So that's basically why I chose to have the reaper pic made. I put forward what I imagined my avatar to be and they made it. It's exactly what I was after.
Covert: Freedom to Fish
A marauder has given up his murderous ways for a life of fishing. Zombies party and rejoice in the background.
DevilJade
KaboomzZz
ghoest
Hi-res version, with drafts
0UuF6
Astennu
Hi-Res version, with drafts
Z1ltf
CliveHowlitzer: Danger is like jello. There's always room for more.
My avatar is just based on Clive Howlitzer. A character I made in City of Heroes a long time ago. I had always wanted an actual avatar drawn of him and I used a screenshot of him for the longest time as my avatar. They did a really good job also.

Hi-Res version, with drafts
overview-firstdraft18_zps67155994
masama
Kickaha
xNotch
NuclearRaven
My user name is NuclearRaven so I asked for a nuclear raven. How I came to use the name is slightly more interesting. It is a homage to my favourite boss from another indie game which is excruciatingly difficult. The artwork and theme for the item I helped design are also entirely inspired by her. I wanted the name of it to also be a throw back to her, unfortunately it wasn't allowed in the PoE lore.

The game's name is Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism. My favourite character is called Utsuho Reiuji. She is a hell raven who was tricked by a god into devouring another god gaining the power over nuclear fusion which she goes on a rampage with. In the battle against her she literally throws small suns at you. I still have not managed to beat her in normal difficulty, but I might just be a bad player. Somehow she isn't the most overpowered character in the Touhou universe. She's only a pet.
Twinseeker
ac429
Hi-Res Version with drafts.
1Tq3NwcKrvBQbJ
magiceffect
EvilParfait
I've a long experience in playing MMOs. Everything from Free 2 Play to Pay 2 Play, I will play any one. Even ones that aren't in my language. (My most recent non-English ones were Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP) and Blade and Soul (KR))

Since I play so many games you would think of my numerous avatars none would really stick in my mind. But au contraire mon ami. There are a few that will forever be close to my heart. One's I've mad friends on, had fantastic (if derpy sometimes) adventures on. Characters that become almost real in the imagination.

One of them is Lilith Grimoire, a Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon from FFXIV, Lady.Lilith a High Elf from Tera and LadySinner my newest character in Blade and Soul.

My avatar was based off of these three characters and my own personality.
_Lokken: Childe Roland to Dark Wraeclast came
I'm a huge fan of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King and the guys at GGG did an amazing job with such a small amount of room to work.
reimur
rng sucks
Nickoladze: Bandit Tea Party
I thought it would be funny if these supposed rivals got together for a nice cup of tea.
Ceri
TrueOmega
DLKY
Caovi
CharanJaydemyr: The Goddess Fulfilled
I believe this was the first ever avatar. It was meant to represent the last kill of the 'Goddess', my custom sword, but has been since contradicted.
treptw
yoshichan
Alros
Kinne
Weezamon
It's a recreation of my death to fire fury while playing with some friends sending my char straight to scrub core. So embarrassing.
MesostelZe
carcasjak
Hakurei
Brixtan
Dinovash
Kyliathy
Tynie: The Merciless
Oroboro
Lachdanan
Skivverus
Dropbear_Victim
Wittgenstein: This is an actual picture of Wittgenstein, if half of him were some kind of demon thing.
MonopolyLegend: Kiwi's Hoard
Kiwi's Hoard was originally based on the idea of a dragon standing guard over his hoard of loot. I chose the Golden Kiwi because it has been my preferred companion since early in Closed Beta even though I do own other kiwis. The Templar was added afterwards as homage to my favorite character and my prior, basic avatar - the Templar.
Ten_of_Swords
]338
obadonke
Ocylix: Ungil's Assassin
A Skelton Duelist wearing a leather armour, wielding 2 Ungil's Gauche, shattering frozen undead enemies in his wake.
Myrmi
Kohrock
Zand: The Dark Wanderer
The avatar is inspired by the dark wanderer used in the old battle.net chat channels.
Koreapsu
zeels90: Dirt Napping Skelly
Crotonhurst
dlrr: Mother of Dragons
The picture represents my wife and my twins (1 boy / 1 girl) who were born in the zodiac year of the water dragon. I've tried to convey the same imagery in my unique, "Dyadus".
Aux
SirLoin
Thyrandor: The Magnificent Cyber-Kiwi
When I first saw the kiwis with gear (especially Gold and Diamond), I instantly thought about giving them powerful weapons and armour to make them ready to fight and earn epic loot in Wraeclast. I liked the idea of a cute little animal in comparison to its battle-hardened appearance. This then turned into the idea of a not lore-friendly but badass-looking Cyber Kiwi. I think George did a pretty good job on it.
tropane
Dragon585
Rmpz
]397
isildria
iamacyborg
Bogi
Leivi
Morsexier: Berserker Rage
I always loved the 'Berserk' units in the Myth game series by Bungie. This was my homage to that style.
dmouze
FuliginCloak
Xenest: Guardian Angel
This image is similar to one of the few angel tattoos on my arm. I believe that there comes a point in everyone's life where they discover their own Guardian Angel. The feeling of having someone or something watching over you, protecting you, is so great I can't even describe it. You must feel it for yourself, then you will know.
MonstaMunch: Willem
Lachis
PrpnNightmare
spinexion
Gulruon
Rays
Xedralya
DoucheGod
Munion
sharkh20
Facelicker
Bunnu
Cyrenus
Tertium_Quid
Mizzajl
Fall3nLeg3nds
Zand
Bison69
GRishi
PoE is basically a fortress built on sand. GGG's saving grace is they've managed to keep adding floors on top faster than the structure can sink. As long as players keep moving, keep racing up those stairs, keep playing those temporary leagues, they'll be fine.

The moment you stop to focus on something, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll get buried.

The Custom Avatar Art Gallery.
Last edited by Charan on July 23, 2014 11:40 PM
Gallery Two

Conduct
MonkeyBizNiz
Fougner
Whoaness: Have you ever seen the True Face of God, Exile?
4hyuna
MDKris
Fourist
PoorJoy
CoolEdge
OverusedChewToy
Lagruell
hoargald
The picture shows warrior from the icy North, who wanted to help a clan that was attacked by babarians. But he was too late and one of the mutilated children died in his arms.
Hyaon: DEFY. PAIN!
ARPGFan
Lyralei: Sonia
She dances a dance beneath the shade,
The twilight shroud her only blade,
Who now hears her feathersteps flowing?
Beneath the stars, the moondrops glowing.
charlot1993
]7
Virtual_NooB
fatalis77
OzHawkeye
kingkongor
Wolfpox
piscator123
Sonto
peachii
Kristen
Bossland
Mornings
Vokradice
Tink
Bada_Bing
decro024
Zelpo
Alphaman
DoomCloud
Fireknight
EpsilonWhale
Hrishi: Dark Ritual
The avatar was based off one of my favorite MTG cards of all time. It is Dark Ritual, of course. When designing my Unique, I modeled how the unique would look like after this art, so I thought the avatar would be fitting to follow suit.
Puffinmypurp
MayhemBane
Antnee
therestless
ililolili
yaymos
Koreapsu
Hypnotiks
LegoftheBull
CastaBlanca
Hellpyre
RulerofAsgard
Ephetat: The Dead Witch
The woman in the avatar is a Witch, but not specifically Alira. The circlet is intended to give that away, of course. Her assassin is intended to be a Shadow, who actually specializes in Damage over Time -- the copious amount of blood is a reference to Puncture, and the facial expression on the Witch is supposed to be the effects of a Poison.
crzytimes
A Dual totem witch taking a nap while things die.
kickacid
barl: Lunar Loneliness
fightgarr
darkviper777
metronomy
MaidenPain
AFoolsIdol
GameJohnny: A scientific visualization of a Rhoa fetus
Gangdu
ReilyMichaelson
machetesavane
NotACuckroach: The Kawaii Bird-Lover
The Eternal Supporter Pack was a birthday present from my wife - Rosemarie. Hence the forum avatar is Rose in incognito picture, as a tribute to her for the surprise gift. Soon, she shares the same account to occasionally play and browse the forum when I am busy at work. As her and my interest grew for PoE, the Conqueror Pack came as another lovely gift to celebrate Christmas 2013.
jonzi
pls
StDrakeX
zerodin11
Sneakypaw: The Last Stand
The Old One awakened and the only thing left standing in his way, is one big mutant teenage ninja turtle Kiwi.
AllSpark501
Perusoe
Awanya
xSyK0TiC
Richmoney: The Force vs The Touch of God
Scarian
nimbukie
Give until it hurts
And then give some more.
Semizzle
LivingLegend
domoleus
cryptc
jujuman
hegemonytv
777isHARDCORE
Traviscosity
Sinner7808
ben121
Dracule
Doeboy1337: Infernal Basilisk
Altnaharra
Meridin
Kaysee: Who ya gunna call?
Erkyn
Bossland
Taylorfest: The Perfect Organism
"You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility." - Ash
marremurt
floytesangen
Praf: Not Alone
This image is supposed to represent hope and the will to go forward in the long run, game or real life :)
Viperesque
PoE is basically a fortress built on sand. GGG's saving grace is they've managed to keep adding floors on top faster than the structure can sink. As long as players keep moving, keep racing up those stairs, keep playing those temporary leagues, they'll be fine.

The moment you stop to focus on something, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll get buried.

Last edited by Charan on May 31, 2014 11:42 PM
Gallery Three

Thunderpeach
wcwraith
SunChaos
Gathy
Dongaldo
Gaza
Buhh
PremiumNoob
databane
CroutonCabbage
kentgrav
Invaliduser
Valley: The Incandescent Heart
Bluewhale
thepapadan: San Jacinto Corrupted
WillywonkaHC
Oudeis: [Insert Lute Pun Here]
I love renaissance lute music (and baroque, for that matter) and often listen to some while playing PoE. I imagine the Templar would be the most musical of the classes (well, I guess the Scion had lessons), and can picture him, after a hard day of righteous heresy, kicking back to knock out a few pavans and galliards.
Gingerbeast: The Plated Crusader
Sairven: Indeed
Rare picture of Teal'c from Stargate SG-1 chillin' in the Dread Thicket.
IronCageSkirt

Forthcoming...
leto2626: Slammin' for scrolls
Faendris
FleepQc

Last edited by Charan on July 24, 2014 5:38 AM
Reserved for future expansion.

Last edited by Charan on May 29, 2014 1:06 AM

Last edited by Charan on May 29, 2014 1:06 AM

Last edited by Charan on May 29, 2014 1:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info