Tentacle Wings

It's happy and red and shiny, like a little red beating blob. Charan and I both looked at it a few weeks ago when I put it on and it IS different. At first I thought I was crazy but it does indeed look different.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 9, 2014, 1:39:04 AM
"
Russell wrote:
Spoiler
"
peachii wrote:
Took me awhile to find the first year screen shot of it.

This is from 2013 when it first came out, has a completely different bright red cartoon glow now.

More things like this - out of the box that are just so realistic and nasty that we have to have them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143065
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114624/page/1

Wait the heart looks different now?

I'd also like to confirm this. AFAIK this happened with the release of the SotV expansion patch.

Glowing
<Dregs of Theopolis>
~US Eastern~

*Hardcore PoE fan since September 2, 2010*
Last edited by rabidwolf9 on Jun 9, 2014, 6:27:06 AM
"
rabidwolf9 wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
Spoiler
"
peachii wrote:
Took me awhile to find the first year screen shot of it.

This is from 2013 when it first came out, has a completely different bright red cartoon glow now.

More things like this - out of the box that are just so realistic and nasty that we have to have them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143065
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114624/page/1

Wait the heart looks different now?

I'd also like to confirm this. AFAIK this happened with the release of the SotV expansion patch.

Glowing

Thank you! Was going to sign in and get a screen shot this morning to show it. I really appreciate it.

Russell please save us and give me back the nasty, gory heart I loved so much. MAKE THE JELLY BEAN GO AWAY!

If I had to guess it happened sometime around the release of the patch or the 2014 Valentine's heart release, somewhere in there. Figured it was on purpose but I'm actually relieved to see maybe it wasn't.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 9, 2014, 10:27:53 AM
Hi

I DON'T GET THIS! GGG states continually''We will not change MTX.'' and then they upgrade graphics or something and the MTX IS DIFFERENT! The heart is indeed very different from before when I first bought it, same goes for necrotic skulls weapon skill, flaming skull, verdant weapon effect.

IF y'all at GGG want to change MTX just say so I wrote a list that CamGG has perused and stated the above statement about change but come on do people like hair poking out of the necrotic hood or hair on the medusa head MTX or having a enormous head with iron maiden effect, etc...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
If a change was made, it was accidental and obviously not a huge deal to a lot of players since no one complained in the 3/4 months since it happened. GGG will fix it, if it is fixable.

Others, I have no idea what you are refering to but sometimes they need to upgrade colors etc. because the effect simply isn't standing out enough.

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

I DON'T GET THIS! GGG states continually''We will not change MTX.'' and then they upgrade graphics or something and the MTX IS DIFFERENT! The heart is indeed very different from before when I first bought it, same goes for necrotic skulls weapon skill, flaming skull, verdant weapon effect.

IF y'all at GGG want to change MTX just say so I wrote a list that CamGG has perused and stated the above statement about change but come on do people like hair poking out of the necrotic hood or hair on the medusa head MTX or having a enormous head with iron maiden effect, etc...

cheers
—Leo Buscaglia

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 9, 2014, 4:19:38 PM
The heart glow was a side effect of changing the material of something elsewhere in the game. I'll get a fix into the pipeline.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
Erik wrote:
The heart glow was a side effect of changing the material of something elsewhere in the game. I'll get a fix into the pipeline.

I got my heart in 2014, the glowing version is the only one i've had? Looking forward to seeing a gory one.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Erik wrote:

Thank you! Made my day. <3
—Leo Buscaglia

My beloved pets....

Inb4 people will complain about the heart change. :P
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
After seeing the wings in a video and noticing how much the tentacles move around, I feel bad for the people who bought the seraph wings that don't move at all.

Do you think GGG will redo the seraph wings with animation or maybe refund people a small portion of the GGG points?

I wouldn't want the Seraph wings to move. It makes sense for the tentacle wings. The only reason for the Seraph wings to have animation would be if they were wings of fire.

If GGG has the time somewhere down the road to implement a truly Seraphic version, with 6 wings of flaming fiery burningness, I'd be more than happy to purchase them again.

Some flickering motes and a few molten blobs streaking around the character would make a nice Seraph Discipline alternate skill mtx imo.

The nice thing is that these MTXs are optional, don't improve your ability to play the game and help GGG continue making and delivering Path of Exile.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info