Tentacle Wings

Kia Ora, Cam (concept artist) here from GGG.
I work a lot on the items and MTX stuff.

Interesting opinions from both those for, and against the new wings.
Because no one has said anything regarding this topic so far, and it is a recurring topic. I just wanted to say I'm listening, and this is all good feedback.

While its very doubtful we can make everyone happy with any single MTX item, I can certainly try to take your feedback into consideration on the visual design side of things.
I am also more of a fan of a more subtle design.

Out of curiosity for those who are not a fan of the wings, tentacle or seraph.
What is it, that you are not a fan of? Size? Colour? VFX? Design/look?

Cheers
C
Hi

I wrote this suggestion in other thread about MTX's but I will also mention it here for you CamGG.

GGG has been fairly good since I joined in CB at making MTX with a POE flavor these wings are quite divergent from this flavor.They are stereotypical,The wings are over played in games, ever since D2 and its angels.

Seraph wings are too bright, barely move, looks like the exile came out of a shipwreck sparkling clean. The wings could have been slightly tarnished, battle worn or even drop a feather once and awhile whilst character moves. They could even be made smaller so they don't dwarf characters(this goes for tantacle wings also).

Tentacle wings look great, they move BUT really seem like devil may cry art theme NOT a POE theme. These wings could have been done as if Phryexians(MTG),Piety and Dominus decided to experiment on your character and graft twisted flesh and some of that thamaugatic machinery to your character making them a twisted abomination of a exile NOT some strange demon because last time I checked POE isn't about demons as much as it is about humans becoming monsters due to circumstances, and yes angels are monsters also.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
they look pretty sweet. kinda look like the wings on that Starcraft chick...what is her name?
DCA(Dungeon Crawlers Anonymous) http://dcaguild.enjin.com/home
Hi

Sarah Kerrigan?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Sarah Kerrigan?

cheers

yes! that is exactly what i was picturing
DCA(Dungeon Crawlers Anonymous) http://dcaguild.enjin.com/home
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
I've got to admit they look pretty cool. I try to sport the more subtle MTXs but GGG might have me by the balls on this one.

My feelings on them tentacles as well.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Spoiler
"
GreyWolfSif wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

Sarah Kerrigan?

cheers

yes! that is exactly what i was picturing

I have those wings on my RoS account. They came with the CE for Heart of the Swarm. They look cool but I rarely use em.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 2, 2014, 1:30:49 PM
"
CamGGG wrote:
Kia Ora, Cam (concept artist) here from GGG.
I work a lot on the items and MTX stuff.

Interesting opinions from both those for, and against the new wings.
Because no one has said anything regarding this topic so far, and it is a recurring topic. I just wanted to say I'm listening, and this is all good feedback.

While its very doubtful we can make everyone happy with any single MTX item, I can certainly try to take your feedback into consideration on the visual design side of things.
I am also more of a fan of a more subtle design.

Out of curiosity for those who are not a fan of the wings, tentacle or seraph.
What is it, that you are not a fan of? Size? Colour? VFX? Design/look?

Cheers
C

First off, thank you for your hard work and the items you have done so far. I love them all!

I love both sets of wings and will be buying the tentacle's when they go on sale the first time. I would, however, love a set of wings that are darker, bloody, maybe a little smokey looking. Looking for nasty, I just killed a bunch of people and am wearing their body parts look. Kind of what the valentine's heart was the first year before it changed the red color into some happy cheerful bright red that looks like it popped out of a cartoon. And not just wings - other inventive, creepy, nasty, dark and gritty MTXs that don't shine but do bleed. I want to leaves trails of blood and death behind me when I walk through Wraeclast occasionally. Most everything we have now is cartoon shiny, happy sparkles. I LOVE my sparkles, don't get me wrong. I'd give anything for some effects to match my regal weapon effect, even a recolor on my Ice Crown would be great and footprints to match (also verdent footprints to leave butterflies and flowers in my steps) but as much as I like being a fairy princess one day - the next day I want to be the dark bitch leaving limbs, death and blood behind me and things seeing me coming that quiver in fear.

I love my little tiny witch running around with a live beating, bloody heart on her wand or dagger. It's my absolute FAVORITE MTX GGG has put out so far. I'd wear more of this type that makes people blink and either want one or throw up. Either one works for me.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 9, 2014, 12:56:17 AM
Took me awhile to find the first year screen shot of it.

This is from 2013 when it first came out, has a completely different bright red cartoon glow now.

More things like this - out of the box that are just so realistic and nasty that we have to have them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143065
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114624/page/1

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Jun 9, 2014, 1:09:18 AM
"
peachii wrote:
Took me awhile to find the first year screen shot of it.

This is from 2013 when it first came out, has a completely different bright red cartoon glow now.

More things like this - out of the box that are just so realistic and nasty that we have to have them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/143065
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114624/page/1

Wait the heart looks different now?
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info