[OUTDATED] Zivko's WoE + BoR build - Seems like the build is dead

"
ogrec wrote:
Search node called 'Blade Barrier', you should have it if you're following the build.

Ah yes, indeed. But is there a cap of 50%? My belt that has 48% increased block recovery should shoot me way over +50%. But the value is unchanged even when I equip or remove belt :/
"
ogrec wrote:
Gem setup looks good to me (even though its for 6L WoE?)

The WoE is actually 4L + 2L.

For culling I use Reaper's Pursuit in weapon swap with rarity/quantity gems.
Last edited by cavantese on Sep 3, 2014, 4:38:41 PM
Hi, ogrec. Your idea for BoR and WoE was great. But you continue with WoE in your Hybrid WoE Build (scion -> ES+life based). Can you propose weapon independant build for dual 1H? Now i'm testing a crit build (BoR or 6L chest - Daresso's), based on Acobatics and Sovereignty with axe/claw/sword/wand/dagger/mace combinations.
Fujira
Didn't notice that before. I have no clue why that's happening and wiki has nothing about block recovery being capped. Maybe you should ask in support forum (gameplay help maybe)

cavantese
Ok, i understand the setup now, Leap slam and FA is in 2L
I like this gem setup a lot, i'll add a quote with setup you're using to OP.

Minatg
If you want crit with 1H weapons, you would need to craft +7-10% block chance to one of them using Vagan. That would help you cap block rate without the need to allocate additional points to block nodes on the tree. Spell block would drop to 56% though, but if you're going acro+phase acro, you would still have a high chance of avoiding spell damage.
I'm very tired so i won't try theorycrafting anything today, but if you want me to, i can take a shoot at it tomorrow.
If you dont want to wait, i'd suggest taking a look at dual claw crit builds and see how much dps you would lose if you dropped some damage nodes and took more block nodes instead.
I've been using this build for running Atziri and just wanted to let people know it's possible to follow the Blood magic tree with phase acrobatics and still run cleave off mana with the right aura setup. Using Hatred+Purity of Elements+Herald of Ash and a 2% mana leech ring you can get ~40k DPS with concentrated effect. You can also run Immortal Call and Enduring Cry off cast when damage taken as opposed to self-casting and run Atziri without dying.

Gear:
Spoiler

Health: 5438
Mana: 640
DPS(Concentrated Effect):38,570
"
I've been using this build for running Atziri and just wanted to let people know it's possible to follow the Blood magic tree with phase acrobatics and still run cleave off mana with the right aura setup. Using Hatred+Purity of Elements+Herald of Ash and a 2% mana leech ring you can get ~40k DPS with concentrated effect. You can also run Immortal Call and Enduring Cry off cast when damage taken as opposed to self-casting and run Atziri without dying.

Gear:
Spoiler

That's great news, thank you so much for letting us know that. Since I do not trust this stupid melee splash thing as it is unpredictable and leeching itself is also not that smooth. Even while leveling (currently on claws as I have a pair that makes everything insanely easy - waiting for lvl 60 atm to equip woe), if switching to reave, the leech is insanely smoother.

So I was planning on running cleave anyway, I also feel that Cleave - Multi - Conc. eff. - Life Leech works much better for everyday farming, together with running auras you suggested (would also be my fav combo) efficiently switching to mana use. For Atziri, would just sacrifice that little dps to run purities for max defense. Piece of cake.

Also managed to get my hands on a pretty nice roll for a reasonable price:

Can't wait to test this out :)
"

Gear:
Spoiler

I've been thinking about doing exactly the same thing.

However, you had to take Dynamo, didn't you?

This is what I'm going to do:

Decided to get Shaper so I dont have to worry with Chaos Resists on gear and get a free 40% increased mana regen rate, which will help a little with mana oriented version.

After that I'd get more life and/or some dmg nodes, depending on my needs.
Hmm, perhaps running purity of ele, hatred and herald of ash you would need something like that...

Although not using herald of ash should make it possible to use skills on mana without added nodes.
"

Gear:
Spoiler

Didn't have the time or the gems to test this myself, so i'm glad you've posted this. Did you need to make any adjustments to the skill tree, like taking Dynamo? Also, can you post your APS and are you using blood rage?
"
ogrec wrote:

Minatg
If you want crit with 1H weapons, you would need to craft +7-10% block chance to one of them using Vagan. That would help you cap block rate without the need to allocate additional points to block nodes on the tree. Spell block would drop to 56% though, but if you're going acro+phase acro, you would still have a high chance of avoiding spell damage.
I'm very tired so i won't try theorycrafting anything today, but if you want me to, i can take a shoot at it tomorrow.
If you dont want to wait, i'd suggest taking a look at dual claw crit builds and see how much dps you would lose if you dropped some damage nodes and took more block nodes instead.

Many thanks for your advice. Please, focus on your build. I have a time to make character/ item adjustments (+ life, +EVA, + blocks, etc.). I was screwed after the last patch...that's why i'm farming rare maps with MF gear for currency. No luck today in Apex without MF gear. Four runs, just one belt and 3 flasks.

Thanks again, have a nice day!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info