VictorDoom's 2h Marauder, 7.7k life(no kaoms) huge dps[Uber Killed, with video] [2.0]

"
hellzer wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
grace and haste youll be able to run both when your redcued mana hits level 9 or 10, so its not worth the points, also i should update that grace isnt really effective anymore with this char, a better defensive option would be vitality or haste

So which auras do you focus on exactly? Got a little confused.
You need Hatred anyways, right? That's a big damage boost. The faster we kill, the less hits we take.
So Hatred + Vitality or Hatred + Grace, right?
Grace is ineffective? 1-2k flat evasion seems solid. What changed your mind?

Hatred + Herald of Ash are the base

then you have a choice for your third link there, you can use Haste, Vitality or elemental proliferation(for the herald of ash overkill bonus, the aoe burn is pretty sweet) pick whichever you prefer, i would probably use vitality since i dont think more damage is necesarry

I used Grace before when i also had taken phase acrobatics and ondars guile, but ive since noticed that by just stacking a lot of life and regen youre better off defensive wise, you just simply outregen/leech the hits so evading them isnt necesarry
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 11, 2014, 5:52:15 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
hellzer wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
grace and haste youll be able to run both when your redcued mana hits level 9 or 10, so its not worth the points, also i should update that grace isnt really effective anymore with this char, a better defensive option would be vitality or haste

So which auras do you focus on exactly? Got a little confused.
You need Hatred anyways, right? That's a big damage boost. The faster we kill, the less hits we take.
So Hatred + Vitality or Hatred + Grace, right?
Grace is ineffective? 1-2k flat evasion seems solid. What changed your mind?

Hatred + Herald of Ash are the base

then you have a choice for your third link there, you can use Haste, Vitality or elemental proliferation(for the herald of ash overkill bonus, the aoe burn is pretty sweet) pick whichever you prefer, i would probably use vitality since i dont think more damage is necesarry

I used Grace before when i also had taken phase acrobatics and ondars guile, but ive since noticed that by just stacking a lot of life and regen youre better off defensive wise, you just simply outregen/leech the hits so evading them isnt necesarry

Ahh... mate. You answer my questions before I edit them. :D
I appreciate your help a lot. Thx.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:

Also I noticed you don't use CWDT. However, you can't pop self-cast IC while spinning, that's where things get clunky. You have to stop cyclone to hit it, that means stop gaining health and get hit more often, makes you really vulnerable...

I tried using self-cast enduring cry and auto-cast IC. Works wonders if there is no spell mob to activate your second auto-cast IC and disable the one with tons of charges you had. :/

And the same question again. Is it worth investing 3 points for 45% extra time on IC?

AH yea the setup there stayed the same since i used the self cast way at atziri when fighting the trio, it is necesarry there, in nromal mapping mode you just replace the BM gem with CWDT(level20), im going to update the whole gear and links with screenshots of life/dps once the patch hits

I think the 3 points for 45% duration might not be worth it, basically when your IC pops on CWDT because of damage spikes or reflect you have to make sure it stays long enough for you to regen+leech back to full life before it runs out so you dont kill yourself, this build has extremely high leech and regen because of the lgoh/BR and passive+aura regen, i dont think its necesarry to stack IC for more than we already get(around 13 seconds, its more than enough, you regen from 0 to full life in about 1-2 seconds if you hit a single mob, instantly if youre sorrounded by mobs because of the life gain on hit)
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 11, 2014, 7:12:14 PM
I'm going to try a variant of this with the new vengeance skill, assuming it can trigger while spinning. Under bandits you list killing oak in cruel, but wouldn't the attack speed from kraityn be better value?
I've been looking for a Cyclone build for this new ladder. Based on the patch changes, this build seems to have avoided the nerf bat, while dual wield cyclone may be a bit worse off. This 2H build is unaffected by the Crit Multi nerf (due to Resolute Technique), and is unaffected by the Acrobatics nerf (as it's not eva based).

Then there's also the Fakener build to contend with, but I'd rather see blood on screen then light flashes, and it seems like the Cyclone changes could've hurt that a little as well.

Finally, on paper, Vengeance seems like a great addition to the build assuming it can be cast while spinning.

I guess what I'm saying is thanks for sharing this build; I'll be giving this serious consideration to be my new character for this upcoming season.
Last edited by Zedon on Dec 12, 2014, 3:26:27 AM
Hi and thank you for this guide!

I wanted to build my own 2h Sword Cleaver, but failed a bit. So I want to use your passive tree. It should just work fine. But my most important questions are:

1. Does this build work good with cleave as mainattack? Ofc I have to make some adjustments with supportgems and stuff, but I like cleave.

2. Will this be HC viable to play?
edit: I read before that its HC designed. So thats clear now.

Thanks for helping me!
Have fun in the new leaque.

Last edited by Ir4kandj7 on Dec 12, 2014, 6:53:13 AM
"
Cyclone now attacks slightly slower and has an equivalent increase to damage. It now deals damage immediately when it is used, in addition to periodic damage. Cyclone no longer targets enemies, only locations.

It already had an equivalent damage increase per level. Duh?
Does instant damage dealing instead of periodic means that we will have harder time gaining life?
No mob targeting means it will be harder to stay on bosses. And we might lose a lot more life doing it with Blood magic gem and trying to stay on the boss.

EDIT: This might be a buff to cyclone as 1 big hit instead of many small hits should fix the desync which was the major issue with it, I hope.
But now cyclone might not be that useful with Life Gained on Hit. Life leech might be a better option now.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 12, 2014, 9:36:17 AM
your build progression poebuilder links are stuffed, please fix, looks interesting.
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY-Ov3MhRxwaO77XKpfNkOPNl8TjJkUpHOrKrE9lWpOlKCBxfh4mFZ8z0PPC2XtIZgvJ8b-vJBJvgwd8Aanz4czh2-xq5M_2oBYVIYkfxLJd8TTFn-Gjgt0itQM4e3Pq9s704UTbYskFUNzQPu_gpo8qLqXhOkGScv_lTYvfAfEuEhVWBLNZKiAGEh3D0FLbXyBLOpJwd1eu9uqqluwGZ4esCmdO1fmGxGn9-plFltcmzvfIdqhNnPMjIJR369NmVNvqcs-4oiJyA=

What do you think about my axe version?
"
FunkyFritter wrote:
I'm going to try a variant of this with the new vengeance skill, assuming it can trigger while spinning. Under bandits you list killing oak in cruel, but wouldn't the attack speed from kraityn be better value?

Yup, the kyratin attack speed would give better DPS, i took the IPD from oak because i just wanted more flat physical damage for % leech, but IAS also gives leech because of LGOH

"
Ir4kandj7 wrote:
Hi and thank you for this guide!

I wanted to build my own 2h Sword Cleaver, but failed a bit. So I want to use your passive tree. It should just work fine. But my most important questions are:

1. Does this build work good with cleave as mainattack? Ofc I have to make some adjustments with supportgems and stuff, but I like cleave.

2. Will this be HC viable to play?
edit: I read before that its HC designed. So thats clear now.

Thanks for helping me!
Have fun in the new leaque.

Oringially this character was acutally for Cleave, but i changed to cyclone because i simply got bored of cleave, its works well with it and i enjoyed it a lot, i even designed my unique which is going to be in 1.3 around this character with the use of Cleave.

The only adjustment you need to make is the links, which are: Cleave-Multistrike-MPD-FA-ADF-BM
Alternatively you could ditch an aura for clarity and use cleave with mana, with enough mana leech from gear you should be able to spam it since youre using multistrike in which case you exchange BM for conc effect or increased area.

"
hellzer wrote:
"
Cyclone now attacks slightly slower and has an equivalent increase to damage. It now deals damage immediately when it is used, in addition to periodic damage. Cyclone no longer targets enemies, only locations.

It already had an equivalent damage increase per level. Duh?
Does instant damage dealing instead of periodic means that we will have harder time gaining life?
No mob targeting means it will be harder to stay on bosses. And we might lose a lot more life doing it with Blood magic gem and trying to stay on the boss.

EDIT: This might be a buff to cyclone as 1 big hit instead of many small hits should fix the desync which was the major issue with it, I hope.
But now cyclone might not be that useful with Life Gained on Hit. Life leech might be a better option now.

instant damage means that as soon as you start attacking you deal damage, whcih acutally makes LOGH even better.

No mob targeting is acutally a save, it was the main reason people desync with cyclone, staying on bosses wont be a problem since if you just click on teh ground theyre on and hold youll be attacking them constantly.

"
your build progression poebuilder links are stuffed, please fix, looks interesting.

going to fix them in about 1h not home currently so ic ant do it on my phone

"
patryk1919 wrote:
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY-Ov3MhRxwaO77XKpfNkOPNl8TjJkUpHOrKrE9lWpOlKCBxfh4mFZ8z0PPC2XtIZgvJ8b-vJBJvgwd8Aanz4czh2-xq5M_2oBYVIYkfxLJd8TTFn-Gjgt0itQM4e3Pq9s704UTbYskFUNzQPu_gpo8qLqXhOkGScv_lTYvfAfEuEhVWBLNZKiAGEh3D0FLbXyBLOpJwd1eu9uqqluwGZ4esCmdO1fmGxGn9-plFltcmzvfIdqhNnPMjIJR369NmVNvqcs-4oiJyA=

What do you think about my axe version?

this would be better, for level 90:
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 12, 2014, 1:57:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info