Cheap, Yet Efficient Righteous fire into high Dps CoC

Intro:*Wall of text incoming*

Hi, This build is for people starting the game or looking for a easy way to farm from the start of the game untill the end, this is a cheap build, which has almost no requirements at start, and can help you maintain a good grinding pace to get your high-end items, and still turn into a awesome dps dealer after lvl 80 with a bit of items upgrade.

i also will say that this is my first time making a build, and my knowledge about the game goes as far as knowing what items and passives do, and what i read in other posts and hear from other people, i may be wrong, i'll be wrong, so please do correct me if necessary, that goes for the english aswell.

Build explanation:

The build is simple, you will be a tanky char until maps, you will deal dmg with righteous fire starting around lvl 60, as most people know, is based mostly on fire/burning and Hp total and some other things i'll explain.
Now, most people know how boring righteous fire can be, yes, cyclone brought back a bit of the fun to it, but it is still the most passive build there is, it is BORING, and that is what made me think of merging it with another build, and for that i'll link you to 2 builds, both made by oro, the righteous fire which i started with, and the CoC Discharge which i merged into my own righteous fire.

Righteous fire:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/663122
CoC Discharge:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/560715
Check it out.

Now onto my build, The build has 3 phases
The first phase:
Lvling up up to 60, it can work 2 ways, first using whatever comes, which makes it quite hard, Or you can just discharge your way with a searing touch, i recommend doing the searing touch if you can afford it, the base dmg of the discharge with endurance charges and a flammability curse can kill almost all packs, it will still be hard on bosses, but hey u can ask for help on that one, then finally getting to the righteous fire state, where you can stroll around and kill things without taking a breath, and farm until you can both afford and have passives for the phase 2

The second phase:
This is when you are Ready to start discharging with CoC if you have the few requirements, and believe me, when you can cyclone around a pack with righteous fire and see everything blow up a lot, you will feel the satisfaction.

The third phase:
This is what i call the Dream phase, this is where you are lvl 100, and you have whatever item you need at your disposal, At this phase i am using most guesses and knowledge from whatever i read and hear, so please correct me if i am wrong, and do tell me what i could have done right.

Now, let's talk passives and items
For the first phase
Passives:

this is what you have to lvl in order to start your RF build, sure you can start running it before, but i recommend waiting (Remember that this is the passive list for straight lvl 60, not counting the passive points from quests, so if you reach this state before, and you will, you can start running RF)

Items:
Spoiler

Rise of the Phoenix

Aurumvorax

Redbeak x2

Optional now, Required later on later on:

The Blood Dance

Carcass jack 4S/L at least

And for belt/rings/gloves/helm i recommend items with whatever high amount of HP/Hp regen and resist you can find for now, to fill in the needs of caped resist.

For gems you need to use

cyclone+Life Gain on Hit+Faster Attacks+Added Cold Damage
Purity of fire+Vitality+Reduced Mana
Righteous fire+Increased burning damage+Increased area of effect+Concentrated Effect
Either vunerability or Flammability, i'm not too sure which is better so take your pick.

On second weapon set have two redbeak to cast RF on low life, you need purity of elements+blood magic+reduced mana, and maybe pop Ruby flask until you switch back to your main weapon set.

In case you have blood dance
Frenzy+faster attacks+Added cold damage

Now with this you will be able to trigger your Elemental Equilibrium, sustain your HP with life gain on hit, and in case of blood dance, gain even more life regen.

This will work, it might drain your mana fast, but that is not a problem, if you can cyclone once every 3 seconds that is far more then enought to trigger your EE to make your RF deal a lot of damage, also you can now attack a boss with frenzy to trigger EE and gain frenzy stacks for bonus HP regen.

Phase two:
In this phase i'll just link my current items and passives, the items are not the best, but they are what i can afford to make my build work, i'll also show cheaper items that also work, and at this time, you will have more item requirements to make the build work.

Passives:

Items:
Spoiler

The voll's protector have to be at least 5L, and you need a voll's devotion, at this point you need the blood dance, and if you can manage to get a alpha's howl and by god's will chrome it 3R1G, go for it, also, my choice of helm is because i haven't bothered to find a better one with HP... so don't bother getting one yourself unless you want it.

Any item that is not a Unique(pay note to what i said about helm) can be different, either worse or better, as long as it suffice your need for resist and high HP, Also you need at least a little bit of cold damage on any of your equiptment, that way your cyclone will trigger Elemental equilibrium.

The dagger HAVE to be something with high crit base, good global crit chance, and spell damage, the spell crit chance is a bonus, if you can't afford one of those which cost a bit more(5-10exalteds), you can always use a divinarius

Also, notice how i started using blood magic on all my spells, that's because i can't sustain the mana for the constant use of them, so i rather pay HP for it instead.

now to gems:

Grace+Vitality+Purity of fire+Reduced mana
Spoiler
You need this, if you can't run them yet, wait until your reduced mana get to lvl 19, u should be able to

Righteous fire+Increased burning damage+Increased area of effect+Concentrated Effect
Spoiler
This will be on your carcass jack on your inventory to cast righteous fire together with the redbeaks, to be switched back to the main weapon and armour after it's done

Cyclone+Cast on critical strike+Discharge+increased critical strikes+Blood magic
Spoiler
remember what i said about mana? yes, it's sad having to waste a socket on blood magic, but that's the only option for now

Frenzy+blood magic+elemental weakness+Faster attacks
Spoiler
At this point i am sure the curse is elemental weakness, it helps both the discharge and the righteous fire, also, the faster attacks will help you get the frenzy stacks better

Cast when damage taken+Elemental weakness+Enduring cry
Spoiler
take care to maintain the lvls as low as possible, the right lvls are, Cast when damage taken lvl 1, Elemental weakness lvl 5 and enduring cry lvl 5

Cast when damage taken+Immortal call+Increased duration+enduring cry
Spoiler
This one the higher lvl the better, it does not matter if it has more dmg needed then your hp, it will pop when you need it

Cast when stunned+Ethereal knives+decoy totem
Spoiler
This seens dumb but i am testing it and the 1 second the totem survives help me escape from a desync or a full pack that would kill me, i am accepting ideas about this, what should i put instead?

Purity of elements+blood magic+Reduced mana
Spoiler
Like i said before, this is to keep you low life to help you cast the righteous fire before switching back to main weapon and shield

if you are lost on how to use this, i'll explain, you will use the 2 redbeaks on second weapon slot, you will have to carry the carcass jack around, The moment you need to cast the RF, you will switch to the redbeaks, equip carcass jack, use purity of elements so your life go low, Use a ruby flask if needed(so you don't go to 1 Hp before switching back) Then switch back to your main weapon and shield, and equip the voll's protector again, this way, your Righteous fire will have a bonus area, which isn't much but will help, and you gain a extra combo of gems because you don't have to equip the RF combo on any of your main items.

now you are ready to go around Cycloning triggering your EE, and discharging as much as you manage, while dealing considerable damage with your righteous fire and increasing the damage of your discharge because of the righteous fire bonus to spell.

Phase three, The dream!!!:

like i said before, this is only speculation, i am not sure this build will work,but if it does, and i manage to get it all, i'll be happy.(To make the post smaller i'm gonna spoiler it all)

Passives:

Items:
Spoiler
Shavronne's Wrappings 6L
Crown of eye's
Glyph skewer/platinum Kris (mirror dagger)
And the other items with high ES and resist like always, and whatever stats i can get to increase the damage with whatever i am using at the time.

The build would still be a righteous fire with Discharge+Concentrated+coc+Cyclone+power on crit+life leech, but now i would be able to also deal a huge deal of physical as the crown eye's will take the bonus of spell damage from my items/passives/righteous fire to add to my physical, and i heard RF drains your ES first before draining your HP, since the amount of ES drained is less, and you have barely any hp, you can run low HP for bonus speed on blood rage which u can sustain easy together with the RF, and the bonus from pain attunement, and all other bonus u can manage from low life, and now you can actualy run more then 3 auras, as you can reserve HP, also you can use mana again yay.

This will provide a huge dps, i think, from both the cyclone, and the discharge, also, your righteous fire will deal a lot of dmg because you will have way more Es then you would have with Hp, at least on this build. you could use,
Flicker strike+discharge+coc+multistrike+Concentraded+power on crit for easy avoid of hits, the possibilities are endless. if somebody is willing to call me wrong or say this build would not have a great deal of dps, i don't care, as long as it works, and the dps is somewhat great, i would love to use it. if somebody have the means necessary to test it out, and want to give it a try, please do tell me if it worked or not, and i'll name my firstborn after you.

well, this is it, i hope this will help people to have a fun and easy way to play the game, if i missed something or didn't cover any area, please do tell me, and i'll edit the post.

thank you for the time you took to read this.
Last edited by culexdd on May 19, 2014, 8:40:04 PM
"
culexdd wrote:

Hi, This build is for people starting the game or looking for a easy way to farm from the start of the game untill the end, this is a cheap build, which has almost no requirements at start, and can help you maintain a good grinding pace to get your high-end items, and still turn into a awesome dps dealer after lvl 80 with a bit of items upgrade.

I have to disagree here.
At lvl 60 one needs a Rise Of The Phoenix. Cost: 2-3 exalt. You don't have 2-3 exalt on a first char at that level (i've played chars to 80+ without exalt or decent unique drop).
Voll's Devotion is a legacy item that has to be bought (unavailable in 4 month leagues). Cost: 20-30 exalt on standard. That makes it definitely a costly niche build.

Linking two enduring cry to different CwDT is of little use imho, as both EC are on a global 4 second cooldown once one of them is triggered. The internal damage counter of neither EC will increase during that time. It will also cause immortal call and enduring cry to be off sync most of the time.
If you drop the EC on the low CWDT and only use the CWDT - EC - Immortal Call variant, make sure the EC is linked before IC so it is triggered first: Trigger order starts at the top of the linked sockets and then follows the link down. EC/IC might still get out of sync but not as badly as on the two EC scenario.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info