Dynamic lighting - we need plenty more

Ok thanks for explaination. In the future, would PoE upgrade the engine that could enable this?
That's probably gotta wait for a future game entirely.
"
074 wrote:
Ok thanks for explaination. In the future, would PoE upgrade the engine that could enable this?

U expect them to answer this?... enough of this fucking thread.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
Kandamo wrote:
"
074 wrote:

U expect them to answer this?... enough of this fucking thread.

What now?
"
074 wrote:
No I don't want to hear this. I want you to make things look good. Why does Shock Nova has dynamic lighting and why can't other brief-moment-things have it as well?

Think a moment about this: not even the big an almighty Blizzard Company used an dynamic light engine for Diablo 3, for a very important reason: Performance. So they could do it but they have choosen to not to do so, PoE is much more complex there, even in stuff like details and polycount I guess. D3 can hide this pretty good of course, especialy Act 5 in RoS looks great!
To simplifice: PoE looks good, D3 runs good, that simple. I personaly would always sacrifice fancy effects for better performance but this is only my opinion. (fun fact: "simple" weather effects drop the FPS in D3 much more than an entire screen full of skill effects)
PoE engine is not even multi-threaded which makes it even worse performance wise. I would say it's already at the limits, especialy in group play. The fact, that PoE skills and their effects can scale up almost infinite makes it not better.
The PoE Engine is actualy to limited for the possibilities of the actual game. ;)
Last edited by Fusion_Power on May 19, 2014, 6:39:19 PM
"
074 wrote:

This was already answered. You seem to have a bad habit of ignoring massive parts of posts containing the information you're looking for.

"
074 wrote:
Wow, all you people are psychopaths. What's with the passive aggressiveness? I am here to give feedback, not here to fund your game or fix your game myself. Ridiculous.

I actually am a psychopath, and your comment shows that you have absolutely no idea what a psychopath is.
Don't use words you don't understand.
Last edited by Xendran on May 20, 2014, 1:32:28 AM
So there is no plan to update the graphics because it will cause you to "fix stuff for years"?

I thought there will be perpetual improvements and developments in this game?
074, your question has been answered multiple times on this thread. If you really still don't get it, I suggest re-reading the responses.

The foundations of the system cannot support the bells and whistles you want to see added. Imagine dismantling the foundation of a standing structure....
Last edited by hitmouse on May 20, 2014, 10:39:24 AM
Hmm, well, I guess there is not need for me to suggest lighting up Raging Skulls, as that would have looked cool. Thanks for the info, Russell.
I assume a deferred rendering engine would render lighting in like a separate thread or some such? Thus greatly reducing the risk of running in to bottle neck issues with performance since most hardware these days are heavily designed for performing multiple tasks simultaneously?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 23, 2014, 6:27:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info