ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

Hey guys, is a 20% life leech gem worth it?I mean there is a cap on life reg, was it 20% of max life? so i m not sure if sth like 10%-15% isnt better? cause u pay less and got the same result?i think i hit the cap even with the non quality gem?the only reason for me to get a higher quality is when i turn down the dps my life leech gioes down!but with 20+ % life leech i would sustain enough health even with low dps.

so whats ur thought?i got around 4k life.so i can regen max 800 life, if the cap is 20%
ING Orencik add me if u got questions
How do you deal with charging mobs without unwavering stance?
IGN: Kebehsenuf
At the risk of sounding douchey, avoid them when they are charging? That's what I've done.
ign: eksnerdion
Nah thats not what I mean. Rhoa's and guard chargers attacks are very often a cause of desync, unwavering stance is a way to fix that problem. I just don't see how can a melee character play without it.
IGN: Kebehsenuf
"
Nah thats not what I mean. Rhoa's and guard chargers attacks are very often a cause of desync, unwavering stance is a way to fix that problem. I just don't see how can a melee character play without it.

Decoy totem, conversion trap, bear trap, temporal chains,whirling blades, loads of skills mate.. be inventive. They can all save our ass from getting rushed by 10 mobs.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 1, 2013, 5:50:40 PM
Been killed twice in Cruel (first time there, y'know) by undead rhoas. At last it seemed like Cleave could stop them mid-charge...
get enough life and they are no problem, i got 3.7-4k and its no problem anymore:/ just get endurance charges before they charge u and its even easier^^ând spam garnit flasks
ING Orencik add me if u got questions
Since I don't need mana leech on my cleave witch thanks to EB, I've been thinking about what to put in my 6th socket (once I get there, still on 5L at the moment - cleave + attack speed + weapon elemental + life leech + increased AoE). Here's what's in the running:

1) Lightning penetration. Straight up damage increase, particularly good for lightning resist maps/monsters as unlike elemental weakness and conductivity, it lowers their max resist rather than their resist value. IE if they have 200 resist lightning, and you lower that by 49 with elemental weakness, they still have 151 resist lightning, capped to max 75 - elemental weakness does nothing. On the other hand lightning penetration lowers their max resist by 35, from 75 to 40, greatly increasing damage.

Quality bonus is fairly meh, 10% lightning damage.

2) Concentrated effect. Huge damage increase, but with a very big down side. Basically it cancels out my increased AoE gem, in exchange for huge damage. On the one hand, I like huge damage, but on the other hand, my big range on cleave keeps me very safe, helps me kill faster, and perhaps most importantly, in groups filled with shiny junk all over the screen, lets me just sort of spam attack rather than trying to figure out where the darn enemy is in all that spam.

Quality bonus is meh, 15% reduced mana cost.

3) Added lightning damage. Straight up damage increase again, not so good for lightning resist monsters, but maybe better for monsters without lightning resist. Then again, maybe not. The more lightning damage I get on other gear pieces, the worse added lightning damage is compared to multiplicative damage increases from lightning penetration or concentrated effect. However...

Quality bonus is awesome. 10% chance to shock! (and 20% shock duration is good too I guess) This may put added lightning damage in a better position as a damage bonus than lightning penetration, though probably still not against monsters with high lightning resistance.

4) Life on hit. At the moment I swap in life on hit for reflect maps, because the heal is instant rather than over time. However it is red, so I have to swap out weapon elemental to get it, which is a big damage nerf. On a 6L I could just run it all the time, be even safer on normal maps, and be fine and dandy for reflect maps and packs without any worries. It would also be nice against those darn blackguards that put lightning thorns on everything.

Quality bonus is 10 more life on hit, so hey, cool.

At the moment I'm leaning towards added lightning damage, with a lightning penetration gem leveled on my weapon swap, for use on +75% lightning resist maps.

I briefly considered elemental proliferation, but I did some one-swing-at-a-time testing on docks, and the shock proc from static blows seems to either hit all targets or no targets (IE the chance is on the swing, not on the hit), which seriously limits the utility. Of course the radius of ele proliferation is bigger than cleave so it might have some group utility, but it isn't going to be good for my damage.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 2, 2013, 4:59:05 AM
"
Since I don't need mana leech on my cleave witch thanks to EB, I've been thinking about what to put in my 6th socket (once I get there, still on 5L at the moment - cleave + attack speed + weapon elemental + life leech + increased AoE). Here's what's in the running:

1) Lightning penetration. Straight up damage increase, particularly good for lightning resist maps/monsters as unlike elemental weakness and conductivity, it lowers their max resist rather than their resist value. IE if they have 200 resist lightning, and you lower that by 49 with elemental weakness, they still have 151 resist lightning, capped to max 75 - elemental weakness does nothing. On the other hand lightning penetration lowers their max resist by 35, from 75 to 40, greatly increasing damage.

Quality bonus is fairly meh, 10% lightning damage.

2) Concentrated effect. Huge damage increase, but with a very big down side. Basically it cancels out my increased AoE gem, in exchange for huge damage. On the one hand, I like huge damage, but on the other hand, my big range on cleave keeps me very safe, helps me kill faster, and perhaps most importantly, in groups filled with shiny junk all over the screen, lets me just sort of spam attack rather than trying to figure out where the darn enemy is in all that spam.

Quality bonus is meh, 15% reduced mana cost.

3) Added lightning damage. Straight up damage increase again, not so good for lightning resist monsters, but maybe better for monsters without lightning resist. Then again, maybe not. The more lightning damage I get on other gear pieces, the worse added lightning damage is compared to multiplicative damage increases from lightning penetration or concentrated effect. However...

Quality bonus is awesome. 10% chance to shock! (and 20% shock duration is good too I guess) This may put added lightning damage in a better position as a damage bonus than lightning penetration, though probably still not against monsters with high lightning resistance.

4) Life on hit. At the moment I swap in life on hit for reflect maps, because the heal is instant rather than over time. However it is red, so I have to swap out weapon elemental to get it, which is a big damage nerf. On a 6L I could just run it all the time, be even safer on normal maps, and be fine and dandy for reflect maps and packs without any worries. It would also be nice against those darn blackguards that put lightning thorns on everything.

Quality bonus is 10 more life on hit, so hey, cool.

At the moment I'm leaning towards added lightning damage, with a lightning penetration gem leveled on my weapon swap, for use on +75% lightning resist maps.

I briefly considered elemental proliferation, but I did some one-swing-at-a-time testing on docks, and the shock proc from static blows seems to either hit all targets or no targets (IE the chance is on the swing, not on the hit), which seriously limits the utility. Of course the radius of ele proliferation is bigger than cleave so it might have some group utility, but it isn't going to be good for my damage.

Concentrated effect would be your best option. Preferably a quality one too so it reduces the mana cost
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Apr 2, 2013, 5:26:51 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Concentrated effect would be your best option. Preferably a quality one too so it reduces the mana cost

I know that it would give the most damage, but the area of effect is so nice. I've tried concentrated effect instead of increased AoE in my 5 link, and vastly prefer increased AoE. I still kill most trash monsters in a few swings, and I hit a lot more of them. I'm also much safer as I can easily be out of melee range of nasty things, with my skellies in front, and yet still be hitting the enemy.

Add to that how nice it is in 6 player maps to be able to hit stuff without knowing exactly where it is (oh god, the visual spam, WTB low effects setting), and I just don't think I'm willing to give that up.

I do have a quality concentrated effect leveled on my weapon swap, but every time I swap it in I miss my AoE too much and swap back.

However, maybe in a 6L it will be manageable with inc AoE counteracting the down side a bit. I guess I won't know until I get a 6L and try it, but given how much of a revelation it was for me when I first added inc AoE to my link, I doubt I'll ever be willing to give up that range. (71% inc AoE at the moment).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 2, 2013, 5:46:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info