Niffler´s Endgame Righteous Fire Guide [2.0.0]

"
Righteous Fire does not trigger EE because Damage Over Time does not Hit, so if you slap the Monster with lightning/cold damage you will keep giving it negative 50 fire resistance.
The prefered way of doing this is having ring/amulet(gloves, even) with a small amount of added elemental damage to attacks. You gotta watch out for gear with added fire damage to attacks, as it would destroy this mechanic.
This elemental damage is dealt to monster when you hit them with Cyclone and triggers the -50% resistance.

It's a very strong interaction, and basically what makes pure RF builds viable. It comes very cheaply and triggers naturally with no hassle.

This is why we can't use the fiery golems, right?
"
Righteous Fire does not trigger EE because Damage Over Time does not Hit, so if you slap the Monster with lightning/cold damage you will keep giving it negative 50 fire resistance.
The prefered way of doing this is having ring/amulet(gloves, even) with a small amount of added elemental damage to attacks. You gotta watch out for gear with added fire damage to attacks, as it would destroy this mechanic.
This elemental damage is dealt to monster when you hit them with Cyclone and triggers the -50% resistance.

It's a very strong interaction, and basically what makes pure RF builds viable. It comes very cheaply and triggers naturally with no hassle.

Thank you for explain, I will check my gear again.
My heart's not cold, it's broken :)
SolomonT shop: /1389867
another question is there any Evasion rating ? last time i'v played i had evasion in % but now i have pure numbers, so is the evasion better left alone + grace or it is better to use Iron Rexlex ?? and do i have to equip any item with elemental damage or i can use like im doing no, a gem add cold damage with whirlwind ?
IGN Aliiya
Last edited by RON1N on Jul 16, 2015, 10:32:35 AM
"
Donut_Harvest wrote:

This is why we can't use the fiery golems, right?

We can use Flame Golem, minions don't proc EE, which is why summoners often pick it up and proc it with say, Arc, to increase minion dmg. So Flame Golem would actually benefit from our EE. For most the problem with Flame Golem is its survivability plus the fact that a 20% bump to dmg isn't really visible except on bosses (very barely on them aswell), whereas the flat dmg reduction from Chaos Golem is actually quite noticeable.

"
RON1N wrote:
another question is there any Evasion rating ? last time i'v played i had evasion in % but now i have pure numbers, so is the evasion better left alone + grace or it is better to use Iron Rexlex ?? and do i have to equip any item with elemental damage or i can use like im doing no, a gem add cold damage with whirlwind ?

You dont see your evasion % because you don't have it - you've put a point into Unwavering Stance, which trades the ability to evade attacks for stun immunity. So basically, evasion rating does pretty much nothing to you unless you get Iron Reflexes. Thus don't use Grace if you're not using Iron Reflexes, zero benefit.

Looking at your characters skillgems, you have both a Cast when damage taken Ice Nova link AND Added Cold Damage linked to Cyclone. Those both are meant for proccing EE, so you can leave one out. Best option is indeed to have a small amount of added cold (or lightning) damage on some piece of gear. Second best I'd say is the CWDT Ice Nova and I would definitely not have an Added cold damage linked to my Cyclone, there's so many better options. Even with the 4 link you currently have you could already be running Cyclone - Life on hit - Curse on hit - Ele weakness/Flammability (Ele weakness better if you have quality or play a lot in a group, otherwise most likely Flammability).

It will be a bit harder to sustain Cyclone without Blood Magic but getting one Ring/Amulet with high (6-8) -mana cost to gems and changing your lvl 19 Cyclone to lvl 1 (the dmg on it doesn't matter, we use it for the cursing/life on hit/mobility). You could also then drop Blood Magic from your Leap Slam link and get a Fortify in there instead to get that 25% reduction on demand.

Last edited by Räddi on Jul 16, 2015, 11:15:14 AM
Thank you alot :) that was the answer I needed, i will try do make all the changes you posted .
IGN Aliiya
Why does my RF build feel so weak now? I use to melt mobs anywhere I went... now it takes forever. And my RF build is about as good as it gets. Legacy Kaom, 10k hps, 1.4k regen, High amount of burning damage, elemental equilibrium, double curse, and shock.

In 1.3 this was my main build and was actually my most efficient build. Even besting my low life loath bane spectral throw and Low Life Mjolner build. Very tanky and high dps. The online calculator said I had around 120k dps with RF.

Now in 2.0 not only do I feel weak tank wise, but I also am lacking very much in DPS. Even Dominus was a challenge for me in 2.0 . I have no idea what changed with RF, but it is definitely a big difference.
Last edited by Tygerwoody on Jul 16, 2015, 12:40:30 PM
Tygerwoody i dont know my guess would be stacking ele resists for mobs etc very high. I ran sacrifice of the vaal last night (had forgotten jewellery to proc ele equilibrium) and man it was slow. I just relogged with my ranger and finished it with her.

Did some more experiments and need 2 -8 mana pieces to run cyclone, lgoh, fortify plus coh and curses.
lvl 23 purities also need conqurers efficency jewel and l3 enlighten.

Last edited by Fhark on Jul 16, 2015, 11:39:19 PM
Heh im not using this updated build but it use to take like 7 seconds to kill dom now its about double that

How much hp do you even have with this build as I think it misses a lot of hp nodes that I mine has and I only have 7.8k? hp I think in a botb
Wanted to ask question about passive tree:
there are nodes that increase fire damage(Explosive impact) and burning damage(Holy Fire) at the top left of the tree, is it worth to spare 11 points on those(+55% fire dmg and +70% burning dmg)?
Last edited by antohha1992 on Jul 17, 2015, 12:06:06 PM
I'm actually loving my 2.0 RF marauder. My tree is slightly different and I run legacy Kaom's Heart. Over 10k hp with plenty of room to improve

Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwB5wSzBS0GDgn2C2EMXxQgFE0YVhhqGJEZLho4Gj4aVRynHNwfGCFgJy8n7Sj6KS4ppSyFLlM26DlSOtg64TwFPC09_ECgQYdFnUZpR35N41H7U1JTpVcNWAdYY1oaXz9hIWSjZU1mVGhlaHRo8nTtdPF673y4ggeCm4LHg1-DzITZhO-Fe4zPjxqPRpBVmK2aO5rgm6GezZ_Ln9-iAKZXpwinMK2Nr2y3PriTvJ-9Nr6nwGbEWMT2xq7G2M0Wz37SIdNv1HzYvdlh2mLawevu7DjvDu988B_xrPJB8kXzm_ZI-ej8S_4K?accountName=Spokodude&characterName=WhiskeyClick

Gear:
Spoiler

I'm gonna test out tonight if I can sustain blood rage, and if so, I'll probably switch back to my better boots
Spoiler

edit: blood rage is a no go. but i finally corrupted these!

Last edited by Spokodude on Jul 20, 2015, 4:50:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info