Alien: Isolation ~~ Tell me your feels.

"
Mivo wrote:
"
Alien 3 is not that bad of a movie dunno about any game about it. :P

Eeeh. It's better than 4, but ... such a step down from the first and second movie! I actually enjoyed the second movie the most, but by more objective "artistic" standards, the first one is superior. I just liked the action in the second one.

I like the second movie for what it is, but the Aliens didn't feel as menacing and dangerous compared to the Alien in one and three. But I suppose it has a lot to do with the lack of actual weapons in those two movies.
"
taylorfest wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Alien 3 is not that bad of a movie dunno about any game about it. :P

Eeeh. It's better than 4, but ... such a step down from the first and second movie! I actually enjoyed the second movie the most, but by more objective "artistic" standards, the first one is superior. I just liked the action in the second one.

I like the second movie for what it is, but the Aliens didn't feel as menacing and dangerous compared to the Alien in one and three. But I suppose it has a lot to do with the lack of actual weapons in those two movies.

Well, for one thing alien 3 was changed quite a bit and therefore didnt turn out to be what more people might have been able to enjoy.

I like all the alien movies. Its simple fact that you cant expect all alien movies to be like the first 2. They gotta be different and its what makes them different why people dont like them.

I didnt like how the avp movies took place on earth. They should have followed the AVP2 game story and turned that into a movie.

Prometheus was a let down in a few regards, human/space jockey and more questions than answers.
"

Well, for one thing alien 3 was changed quite a bit and therefore didnt turn out to be what more people might have been able to enjoy.

I like all the alien movies. Its simple fact that you cant expect all alien movies to be like the first 2. They gotta be different and its what makes them different why people dont like them.

I didnt like how the avp movies took place on earth. They should have followed the AVP2 game story and turned that into a movie.

Prometheus was a let down in a few regards, human/space jockey and more questions than answers.

If you haven't seen the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 I recommend it. Decent enough job of salvaging the movie.
Totally fucking stoked for this game! So far, it looks like they're nailing it. I'm not expecting a long game that I can invest countless hours in, but more like another installment in the Aliens series that's actually GOOD for a change.

Part 4 doesn't exist. Unbelievable, they let the guy who directed Amelie direct this?! What were they thinking...
Last edited by Jack_Mayhoffer on May 17, 2014, 2:38:34 PM
"
Totally fucking stoked for this game! So far, it looks like they're nailing it. I'm not expecting a long game that I can invest countless hours in, but more like another installment in the Aliens series that's actually GOOD for a change.

Part 4 doesn't exist. Unbelievable, they let the guy who directed Amelie direct this?! What were they thinking...

Yep. Resurrection was a horrible garbage film.
"
taylorfest wrote:

Yep. Resurrection was a horrible garbage film.

I think its not that bad, it was in part a bad script with flawed logic but i still kinda like it. Besides, it has ripley in it.

Logic flaw as in, how can they clone the queen when the acid blood would melt all their tools?

That being said, i want a better space jockey story, without that garbage humans = engineers dna match crap. What a letdown that was and them being smaller than in alien and just wearing helmets.

Also, give me a AVP movie in space with the AVP2 storyline. I mean, Eisenberg, rykov, saving the team and all that with showing all 3 species perspectives.
I watched the original Alien in HD awhile back and was completely blown away by how damn GOOD that fucking movie looks! Like it was made yesterday.... so far ahead of it's time. Alien was a monumental movie, totally groundbreaking. I'm pretty sure it was the first sci-fi horror film?

Aliens is just a different animal. It's excellent for what it is, "action horror" I guess? I still prefer the original.

Alien 3 comes in second place behind the original in my opinion. Flawed movie for sure with lame and dated CG effects, but still manages to retain the cold, hopeless atmosphere of the original.

Everything else can just fuck off...

edit: damn thread, now I've gotta go order Alien on blu ray now >:(

edit 2: picked up Toolbox Murders blu ray, Horror of the Blood Monsters DVD and She Devils on Wheels DVD while I was at it... fuckin thread...
Last edited by Jack_Mayhoffer on May 17, 2014, 5:05:12 PM
"
I watched the original Alien in HD awhile back and was completely blown away by how damn GOOD that fucking movie looks! Like it was made yesterday.... so far ahead of it's time. Alien was a monumental movie, totally groundbreaking. I'm pretty sure it was the first sci-fi horror film?

Aliens is just a different animal. It's excellent for what it is, "action horror" I guess? I still prefer the original.

Alien 3 comes in second place behind the original in my opinion. Flawed movie for sure with lame and dated CG effects, but still manages to retain the cold, hopeless atmosphere of the original.

Everything else can just fuck off...

edit: damn thread, now I've gotta go order Alien on blu ray now >:(

edit 2: picked up Toolbox Murders blu ray, Horror of the Blood Monsters DVD and She Devils on Wheels DVD while I was at it... fuckin thread...

Hahaha. Good, good.

Alien 3 cg isn't great to look at now, but considering when the movie was made I find it acceptable.
Sound of Alien Isolation. Very nice. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eByJAmVXb5E

For anyone who has not seen the behinds the scenes documentary of Alien 1979, its very interesting:

Part1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TNjpb8O5LY
Part2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQvQEv_FRg
RPS did a Hands on Alien: Isolation a while back.

That was only on the demo, and it's quite opinionated, but it didn't carry a very good tone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info