Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

Maybe finnaly after this patch i can make one decent build.
srsly i dont really care about finding more The Blood Dance , Aurseize , Facebreaker or Rime Gaze etc... gimme some shavs kaoms OpieOP
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
1. Mjolner
Disruptive to racing: S (possibly R)

def. S lol have you seen those people clear maps/packs? lol

it wouldn't be disruptive in a short race obviously, but any race where it could drop, if you spec'd around it, yes, you would level probably faster than anybody else

btw I disagree with your premise. yes, some builds should be gated by super rarity/expense, but not all. there has to be a spectrum there. if all build enablers were super rare, including even things like face breakers, the game would be really bland for a long time.

likewise if items like mjolners and shavronnes that allow you to somewhat trivialize most of the content in the game were easily obtainable, that'd be bad too.

my point is, not all builds are created equal, so you can't just gate all build enablers behind extreme rarity.

Last edited by Veruski on May 21, 2014, 8:01:50 PM
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
The ONLY reason most of us came here was for a hardcore ARPG. I don't give a flying fuck about the %98. There are so many other games that do easy better and without PoE's flaws. This game wouldn't have got off the god damn ground if they hadn't false advertised it as niche/hardcore. The only thing that was/is (for now) hardcore is the grind

Name one thing that's "hardcore" about PoE, other than the grind?

I just wanted to get my voice heard, it's been heard, good bye.

So you would rather see GGG go bankrupt and shutdown the servers than to make the game better for 98% of the players. Good plan, then you could be happy that POE held tight to their original plan even though the game shutdown. I'm glad GGG stopped listening to the vocal minority that was screaming drop rates and difficulty were fine. Getting 1 shot from off screen while never finding a unique worth more than a few chaos is soooooo much fun for 98%.

GGG wasn't going bankrupt before this change, it will bring the games shelf life closer to present. Oh and the uniques that are worth more than "a few chaos" will be brought down closer to "a few chaos"

The amount of greed/jealousy in this thread is disgusting. The only challenge in this game is upgrading gear, so yeah let's make that easier. The uniques in the higher tier aren't build enablers, they are enhancers.

If you aren't terrible you can do palace Dominus in mediocre gear on a 4 link. The reason people want upgrades is for faster clear speed and increased brainless survivability. Try kiting, not fucking up your tree or face tanking things you know (or don't know) you shouldn't.

You can RF without Rise of the Phoenix or Kaoms.
Low life without Shavs.
Elemental crit without windripper
Aura build without Alphas Howl

Facebreakers is possibly the only exception, although without it you could do elemental unarmed.

You also aren't the 98%. Some of us don't like games that reward you for watching cut scenes.
"

my point is, not all builds are created equal, so you can't just gate all build enablers behind extreme rarity.

Cool, name a build enabler that is locked at the high tier. Mainly so I can point out that whatever it is (even Molj) can be done without it.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 21, 2014, 11:08:33 PM
[*these are not actual quotes, just how I view them.]
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
*as read by doodle* I support the game that I view as a hardcore grindfest.

*as read by doodle* Do you even support GGG mr. silver, divine, and champion supporter? DO YOU WANT THEM GOING BANKRUPT? I'm glad they're trying to make the game less of a grindfest

*as read by doodle* I think you're a despicable disgusting greedy person for wanting to change the grindfest that I seem to have a negative opinion of.

"

*actual quotes* my point is, not all builds are created equal, so you can't just gate all build enablers behind extreme rarity.

*actual quotes* Cool, name a build enabler that is locked at the high tier. Mainly so I can point out that whatever it is (even Molj) can be done without it.

You can't do what Mjolnir does without Mjolnir. You can only attempt to mimic it with cast on crit. The simple fact is that Mjolnir can pick up resolute technique and still do what Mjolnir does.

RF can be done without Rise of the Phoenix! With a high level Purity of Fire and some passives... and.. Saffel's Frame, (OR with sustained spell damage/leech) but RF as an RF build means RF is the primary damage source so how else can you manage RF?

Low-Life without shavs requires investment into sufficient life nodes and chaos mods to ensure you don't get shrekt by the randomized invader snakes that live to snipe you, yeah... Low-Life totally viable in HC without shavs... Maybe the other lowlevel UNIQUE though.

-----

You seem very upset for reasons I don't understand...

+100% to .005% only makes it .010%...

Yeah, that's a change that makes Path of Exile less hardcore, because you're a cynic (and the actual greedy one) who thinks the only challenging aspect of this game is the grind. You honestly can't scale everything by your opinion as it's obviously dictated by an incredible amount of experience, experience that you seem to take 0 responsibility for as if you've never died once or had to follow any sort of learning curve at all.

The challenge is real. Your head is just in the clouds. Respectfully. It's like you've climbed up the mountain so many times that it's as easy as breathing to you but does that honestly make the mountain any less of an obstacle?
Last edited by Do_odle on May 22, 2014, 6:40:29 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Cool, name a build enabler that is locked at the high tier. Mainly so I can point out that whatever it is (even Molj) can be done without it.

Crown of Eyes.

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
The amount of greed/jealousy in this thread is disgusting.

I'm not jealous of anybody. I think builds should be more accessible. You think the game should be boring.

Proof of lack of jealousy:

Spoiler

Most likely you are the greedy/selfish one, with lots of hoarded unique items, and you are sad that many of them will drop in value.
Last edited by Veruski on May 22, 2014, 11:33:42 AM
Fix currency system before unique system.
Barter economies are inherently unfair and "fixable".

There is a reason we don't use one in the real world. You think we have a "rich get richer" problem in the USA? Just imagine what it would be if it was a barter system.

Barter systems allow popular, uncommon items to be hoarded by richer people. They can buy low and then set price floors. This is always a problem with barter economies...the "price of entry" beyond the lowest levels is always prohibitively high, mostly because the rich at the top don't have any incentive to let poor people get rich.

The only ways to get rich in POE match the only ways to get rich in RL

1) get super lucky by being in the right place at the right time (in POE, getting the uber drop)
2) knowing the right people (in POE, being in a guild that helps you get rich because they like you)
3) be exceeding good at what you do, and what you do can directly provide you wealth (in POE, this translates to being one of those gamers who is world-class best)
4) cheat/steal your way to the wealth (in POE, this would be RMT/botting)
5) spending extreme amounts of time fighting against the man and slowing chipping away to get wealth.

#5 doesn't work very well, but it is what 98-99% of players are locked into.

Any economy where something is widely wanted but also widely rare will always lead to high prices of said something, rich people trying to control that something, and the pricing for that something being artificially inflated.

Last edited by jaredh on May 22, 2014, 5:05:03 PM
"
landrew831 wrote:
Fix currency system before unique system.

Fix both
awesome!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info