Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

Well if you had listen to your base players about the drops over a year ago, then maybe you would of not lost so many players. I see what is going on, I see it in the 2 week race... the population is so low that you can't even find unique items to try the build of the week in the race.
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on May 18, 2014, 10:07:49 AM
"
Nemacyst wrote:
Uniques should be build enabling or specialized builds, you got that right! but not overly powerful which is what rares are for and crafting.

this! +1000
Beta Member Since 2010
Thats a nice news thank you GGG for this first step to a better balanced unique drops.
I still on the same position, make " end-game " unique drops based on difficulty and level of the area, if it's possible with the area " type " too :)
Do what you want but please don't make this game more longer a " one zone farm ".

Peace

Hf :)
"
"
shoju wrote:
None of these "feel" unique.

Heatshiver is decently unique. 4L rares can't get non-minion +skills on it. The mana regen (another non-hat affix) is very relevant for using Elemental Hit with Clarity attached to your life total.

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
shoju wrote:

your -11/-11 heatshiver is pretty good

i have -11/-10 and consider it a good item now (however with only two uses: elemental hit OR Searing bond + Arctic Armor

Voidhomes are Animate Guardian weapons (if you waste your time with that skill) - dmg is decent and you dont regret wasting it when AG wanders away and dies

other make nice chance recipe ingredient (unique/rare/blue/white of the same base == 5 chance orbs)

oh - icetombs. that 'cannot be chilled' and chill duration are very very good for frost based chars. sadly no life and mid-roll defenses, but it is not a bad chest (my summoner used it up to 82)

No no no no. I don't mean that the design isn't unique.

I mean: What the hell is even remotely unique about finding SO FREAKING MANY OF THEM.
I was excited when I first read the headline:

But then disappointed.

So uniques are going to drop more often.

That's kinda good but, damn!

What we really need is for under-performing uniques to be re-evaluated and boosted!

Too many of them either have

-no life
-no signifigant energy shield.

And guess what: you need lots of 1 or the other to survive.

Getting a unique drop is too often a OH BOY! surge of joy, followed by a crash of-

GOD DAMNIT! ANOTHER USELESS UNIQUE!

:(
"
Czarevna wrote:
I was excited when I first read the headline:

But then disappointed.

So uniques are going to drop more often.

That's kinda good but, damn!

What we really need is for under-performing uniques to be re-evaluated and boosted!

Too many of them either have

-no life
-no signifigant energy shield.

And guess what: you need lots of 1 or the other to survive.

Getting a unique drop is too often a OH BOY! surge of joy, followed by a crash of-

GOD DAMNIT! ANOTHER USELESS UNIQUE!

:(

You will still get the same number of uniques, they are doubling the chance of those being of a higher tier. (Non vendor food)

Kind of like when they increased the minimum wage here in America, everyone said "yay! Now I can pay my bills working at McDonald's!", when in reality the cost of everything else went up to a point where the minimum wage workers are forced to spend more than before while the rich lose nothing, they just charge more to offset their losses.
Sorry but this is just stupid. I was planning to come back to the game after the next season came out and you guys hopefully nerfed drop rates and strongboxes to a reasonable level. I'll probably quit for good after seeing this post. It's not rewarding to find items if they aren't rare. The changes that have been made that I think did more harm than anything:

*Doubled the droprate of unique items way back in beta
*Made rogue exiles ridiculously common and weak (strongbox mod in particular)
*Made all maps huge so there is no real currency sink from crafting them anymore
-Made cartographer boxes super overpowered
*Made it easier to link items so everyone has a 6L (supposed to be rare)
*Made bosses drop ridiculous amounts of loot so it's not worth farming anything else
*Added eternal orbs which fill the economy with perfect items
*Added strongboxes with modifiers like additional sockets/mirrored (super easy to find and give too much currency)
*Allow multiboxing
*Leave overpowered exploits with simple solutions in the game for months(snapshotting) -simply recasting all active skills upon entering a zone would solve this particular issue.
*Making dps too easy to get, (5k dps used to be considered good dps)

And now you're planning to make all the rarer uniques even easier to get? I also don't agree with legacy items. I have thousands of exalts worth but I still dislike them because you're discouraging new players by having them in the game at all since they cannot afford them. People are just going to keep asking for things to be easier and easier until they have everything at which point they well have nothing left to do and quit playing as happens in the majority of games. Please don't make the game easier than it already is.

It's also upsetting that no devs will notice or take any action/put thought into mechanics based on my post here :(

~KingCurrency
Last edited by GreenGuy on May 18, 2014, 11:34:58 PM
"
GreenGuy wrote:
Sorry but this is just stupid. I was planning to come back to the game after the next season came out and you guys hopefully nerfed drop rates and strongboxes to a reasonable level. I'll probably quit for good after seeing this post. It's not rewarding to find items if they aren't rare. The changes that have been made that I think did more harm than anything:

*Made all maps huge so there is no real currency sink from crafting them anymore
*Made bosses drop ridiculous amounts of loot so it's not worth farming anything else
*Added strongboxes with modifiers like additional sockets/mirrored (super easy to find and give too much currency)
*Allow multiboxing
*Leave overpowered exploits with simple solutions in the game for months(snapshotting) -simply recasting all active skills upon entering a zone would solve this particular issue.

And now you're planning to make all the rarer uniques even easier to get? I also don't agree with legacy items. I have thousands of exalts worth but I still dislike them because you're discouraging new players by having them in the game at all since they cannot afford them. People are just going to keep asking for things to be easier and easier until they have everything at which point they well have nothing left to do and quit playing as happens in the majority of games. Please don't make the game easier than it already is.

It's also upsetting that no devs will notice or take any action/put thought into mechanics based on my post here :(

~KingCurrency

This is sarcasm right?
"
"
GreenGuy wrote:

*Allow multiboxing

~KingCurrency

This is sarcasm right?

Some people came here for "the premier hardcore ARPG". This guy basically posted everything that has pissed me off over the past year. The game is noticeably easier. GGG told me they were making a hardcore ARPG that they want to play themselves, I supported that, and the current F2P model wanting both to succeed.

I don't believe GGG is making the game they want anymore. If I wanted the loot that drops to have no meaning and fun gameplay, I would play quest for never-ending loot, torchlight 2 or Diablo 3. Those 3 games are superior flow/gameplay wise. I have stayed here for the rush when a mosaic/alphas uncommon/rare drop and maybe one day an ultra rare. The only realistic rush/elation comes from 6 linking (which is MUCH easier) and the loot they are doubling. This loot is the loot you see and know what it is before it even hits the ground. Now I'm twice as likely to find things that realistically I shoot for drop wise.

These drops felt like a 2nd place win, ultra rares were 1st. With them making the gap even wider, they will feel more like a lot of 3rd-4th place wins.

I have said all I can say to convey my disappointment, I do truly hope the majority ends up being happy with this change when all is said and done.
"
GreenGuy wrote:
*snip*
~KingCurrency

Saw a guy early in Ambush trade who had the handle KingKreditKard, hope this is not you because that redneck racist fuck was super annoying.

Anyways, I get that people like this have some angle for generating vast amounts of wealth in game via botting or RMT or whatever. These people don't really give a shit about the game, they just get their rocks off accumulating pixel wealth and then dangling it over the peasants in trade channel.

Without any direct attack on you, Kingcurrency, ...I say fuck those people and anything that pisses them off is right fine by me. They are a cancer to the game. Let them scurry back to Zynga.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info