[1.2] Sidra's Guide: Acrobatics Based Physical Crit Split Arrow Ranger (Atziri Kill Video Inside)

It's a nice node, but not worth 3 nodes which it would rake to get there in this build.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Hi.
I am a new player and tried your build. It is awesome, but I kind of stuck in cruel due to my low dps and health. I can rarely play, but now I have vacation and some spare time. Just now I realized that Ambush is going to end, and wanted at least try some maps.
I would be very grateful if somebody could help me out. Unfortunately I only have like 3 Vaal orbs to give.
here is some of my gear (without gems, cause i need to sort them out)
Spoiler

and my tree:
the tree: you took crit nodes too early. It's more important in the early level to just go for plain bow or projectile damage nodes, crit can be left for lvl 50 or 60+. Don't refund them however, it would be a waste since you'll take them back later. You'll just have to endure :p
Go for life next, you will need it very soon, so Thick skin cluster asap.

the gear: your bow has low damage. Not exactly sure since we don't know your level (in the forty I guess).
You would do much better if you had at least one 4L. The armor is a piece of choice to do it, since it's a good leveling piece. Put you AOE skill there with added fire and faster attack, and whatever (LMP for example if appropriate).
Gloves are ok, thanks to attack speed. The boots and belt are so so.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Where start the 4-linked items drop? I havent seen anything yet. I seen some 6-linked items on the forum however.
I have only 2 or 3 orb of fusing, should I try to 4-link a bow myself?
Yes, I am lvl 44 exactly. Have hard time killing anything. The uniques drops was nice, but no weapons at all :( I am also using blue iron rings with resistances so i can survive at least.
Last edited by bobinnger on Jun 24, 2014, 1:25:19 PM
Your tree is pretty good. Your next focus should be getting Ondar's Guile then Acrobatics, while filling in any HP nodes you missed to match my tree.

Offensively - your bow is really bad - you need a physical bow. Assuming buying anything is out of the question, you should do the physical weapon vendor recipe. Find or buy from a vendor a white bow (Grove or Compound is probably the best around your level) and preferably 4 linked. Then, put 4 whetstones on it to make it Q20. Then trade it to the vendor, along with a yellow Rustic Sash (alchemy a white rustic sash if you don't have an extra yellow one)and 1 whetstone. This will give you a blue bow with the Wicked Preefix, adding a substantial amount of physical damage. You can then throw and Augment on it to get a suffix and hope you get something decent. This would be a substantial improvement for you.

Here is an example of one I use for very early leveling. Your's will end up with more damage since you will be doing it on a higher level bow. Again, you will also want more links - this one is just level 18 so doesn't need them that early. I generally use this til Death's Harp at 32 (which if you have 1 chaos you could also just buy from someone).

For gear, keep an eye out for evasion based replacements for your non evasion pieces (Gloves and Boots) that have life and some resistances.

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
I used my only Alchemy on the Bow I posted. It was a quality 20% drop from a box and was a better one than mine previous. Don't have any chaos orbs yet. (Did I get so unlucky drops?).
I've checked the vendors, but they have only trash bows with 2-3 sockets.
Is it possible to reach a good level without a 5l? I think they are very expensive and I can't afford one. At which level should I switch the unique chest and helmet?
Thank you very much.

EDIT:

third unqie dropped! I would give it to anyone who can help me out with the gear.
Last edited by bobinnger on Jun 24, 2014, 1:37:06 PM
I have this one rotting in ambush:

I can give it to you for free if you want.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I have already got much help from Sidra. But thank you anyway. Next thing I want to upgrade are one ring, gloves, helm and chest. Kind of need a second 4-link. But I am very positive about it.
Hey all Ive just come back to Poe and am really enjoying this build of Asidra's im lvl 80 now and have accumulated around 8 ex worth of currency and am looking to improve my gear, I dont want to get stuck down and feel like im not progressing like ive done with many a character before around lvl 75. If anyone can point me in some direction on which i can aim my progression that would be amazing.
Spoiler
Ive also got thesse pieces to play with

And my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgW1CC4M8g5ID6sRlhXwGY4Z_hrbGwEc3B6UIXYj9iQ8JP0mlSepKaUvbzB8Mfo2PTnUOlg-z0lRSn1OKlFHVUtW-lpIWm1br1_hYeJnoGskbWxte2_ycFJwu3DVdvd3138rf8aGzocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5MnlQWV6ZuNnaOgn6GkpcunNKdcp9Sqf6q4rD-xMLVIvebAUcSiyqnTftUA2RPcFdxX3Q3h2-OE51TndO2D7g7veu_w8EL5Y_yr_MX-yA==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info