[1.2] Sidra's Guide: Acrobatics Based Physical Crit Split Arrow Ranger (Atziri Kill Video Inside)

I use lvl 10 with 4730 hp.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

currently I am with lvl 3 cwdt whereby it activated quickly when I got hit .. any feedback?
hello,

really nice guide !!

i love your tree since it's no waste point very optimized tree thought i didn't expect you'll start from evasion+life node instead of attack speed but i am less and less focused on attack speed with gear and gem giving decent attack speed we need so i agree with going with more life nodes for end game always welcome.

1.then, i have a question since your play with only 2 uniques and even a rare bow ! i want to know what you think about uniques designed for ranger a lot of unique items must be non relevant to you since you choose rare instead of uniques because or resist, leeching, etc...

rare items offer indeed lot of good stat with no drawbacks...

2.Yet, i have Irri's Hire chest which is 1616 evasion rating...and have inner acrobatics. So i Wonder if i could skip all the acrobatics and phase acrobatics nodes so i spare some of 6 passive skill point to have a huge HP pool and more dmg ??

3.ALSO, very important question : what do you think about taking power charge from bandits rewards instead of Frenzy charges to boost crit with power charge on crit ? and why not take an additional power charge since it's on the path of our crit build ???
"no great man lives in vain"
Thomas Carlyle

my ranger : /954868
Last edited by almazor on Jun 19, 2014, 12:45:47 PM
Hey glad you like the guide. Hyrri's Ire is interesting. But I am not sure I'd pass up the additional 10% to dodge, and 30% Spell Dodge. I think I'd still get them, in essence wasting the Acrobatics mod on it - but still rock the piece due to it's extremely high evasion. Plus, no HP on it is basically 3 HP nodes anyway, cutting into the 6 nodes you think you'd be getting as it' benefit.

It's definitely usable, I would just say not ideal. Especially because you may realize you want your body piece to have some Resists. What would you be giving up to hit the resist cap? The great DPS of Maligaros or Rat's Nest? More Spell Dodge from Atziri's Step? Both are more useful than the Evasion Hyrri's Ire gives you so I think it would be a downgrade. But of you own it, it's already linked up, and you can still cap resists with it - it's doable.

Power Charges come up a lot in discussion. At one point somewhere along the way, I specced into that Power Charge node and used PCOC instead of Increased Critical Damage on my Split Arrow. The thing is, even with the extra 17% chance to crit it gave me, it still resulted in a quite large a DPS loss for Split Arrow. + Crit Multi is just that good once you crit chance is already around 50% (mine is 55%). So I specced back out of it.

I think the only way I would ever swap into it would be if I crafted a new, and much stronger bow (400+ DPS). The extra damage might put me in reflect danger and so I'd opt for more crit chance at less crit multi. But otherwise, I just find it inferior to using all of the other DPS gems in my current SA setup. Sadly there is no 7L for bows :(

And even if I went that route, I'd keep the extra Frenzy charge. Single Target DPS is too important for a boss killing build - and single Frenzy vs single Power charge would just end up being a wash for AOE.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jun 19, 2014, 1:20:53 PM
"
WilliaBense wrote:

currently I am with lvl 3 cwdt whereby it activated quickly when I got hit .. any feedback?
Support gems aren't affected the cwdt limitation, so level your increase duration all the way to 20q20 (if possible ;)).

Such a setup will trigger an IC with only one endurance charge so its duration will stay small. If you want your IC to be longer, either use two cwdt setup: a level 1 for the charges and a lvl 10+ for IC (so that it doesn't trigger to often), or manually cast either EC or IC, or both.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
thank you for your reply !

I have hard time indeed to cap resist because i play with
so no resist on this stuff but i am impressively effective yet

here is my bow :

Unfortunately, i took power charge on reward bandit because i wanted to follow a guide i found on poe about a ranger who stacked power charge saying it boosted his dps more than playing with Frenzy...but i cannot find his thread anymore, i have to search.

I have a very agressive playstyle, i want bow dmg as high as possible even to the detriment of myself...clear shot, i one shotted myself on a map 2 hours ago against a reflect rare mod...i was speechless. I don't have a 5 link to put a life leech, and i just four link my chest to make a cast on damage taken preventing death in this case ^__^.

So i don't know what to do : i think i am going to stack power charge take the one on the tree, + the power charge from bandit reward =

5 Frenzy charge
5 power charge

i can get a 6 frenzy charge by taking the third frenzy charge on duelist tree but i will sacrifice HP or physical dmg in order to go there...

What can you say to help me ? do you think i can do something i am lvl 69 right now everything fine but soon problem arise maybe ? you can suggest me a passive tree if you want to !

i don't think i will level up a ranger again since it's then end of season, i will do another next season.
Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by almazor on Jun 19, 2014, 5:20:50 PM
Imho, the duelist frenzy charge is too far away to be worth taking. You'll just have to live with the additional power charge, which not a such a bad choice as long as you use it. Btw, pCoC could be better than increase crit strike in your frenzy setup.
thank you so much for your reply !!

1.i have another question : i want to know if there is ranger who play without nor chain or pierce(gem) with split Arrow. Is it necessary for map 70+ ?

i d'ont know if a +20 q chain add dps or make lose dps but in case chain make lose dps it's a good option to go chain-less ?

i read what sidra said about chain or pierce and i love chain but i wanted to know if :

- i lose dps with chain for better aoe
or
- i add dps with better aoe

2. you said " flat physical dmg > crit multiplier> crit chance>elemental dmg". But i see you didn't take heartseeker nor throatseeker, all those nodes are close on the way to your tree. i would like to know why ?

i just think it doesnt Worth the investment because of poor amount of crit multi it gives and gear and gem can compensate easily those nodes.

3. You said you want always more life node.We never have enough indeed. But except life nodes what NODES do you look for if you reach lvl 94 or 95 before end of season ?

What gear you crave for unless you have perfect gear according to you and you have nice stuff indeed but you didn't talk about what i said on the fact you took lot of rare gear and few unique. What would you like to see more on a item that GGG should work to make physical crit ranger even more appealing ?

Thank you !! I hope i don't harass you :p

Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by almazor on Jun 19, 2014, 5:56:03 PM
1.) Generally, Chain clears the fastest but requires an investment in mana. Pierce still clears well and is much easier on mana. Either is fine. But I definitely would not recommend using Split Arrow without either of them - it will severely hurt clear speed since you'd just have 6 arrows stopping at their first target.

2.) I said that in terms of gearing because that's how it works with what is comparably available on gear. However, it's a little different on the tree. For instance, I could add +45 cri multi while giving up 30% Physical damage and +25% crit chance (the Piercing Shots Circle). But that drops my DPS. On gear, though - you can get close to that crit multi on 1 roll, but nowhere near that physical damage %.

3.) My gear is nowhere near perfect. I'd like a better bow, better rings, crit chance on an amulet along with the other stas I have on there, tri res helm innstead of dual res, 6L body with more evasion, better elem dmg with weapons roll on belt etc.... My Quiver is probably the only rare item I have that I am truly happy with.

In terms of what I'd like to see them add - some easier to get mana on hit would be nice and make mana using of Chain easier, and anything that in anyway can make reflect easier to handle is always welcome.

One thing I will say - I really like the itemization they have done on Unique Quivers recently (Drillneck, Rearguard, Soul Strike, even Asphyxia's Wrath and Hyrri's Bit have great low and medium level usages) - very cool options, some of which flat out enable certain playstyles.

Edit: Frenzy will do much more damage with 5 Frenzy Charges and 5 Power Charges, than with 6 Frenzy charges and 0 Power charges. It's your Split Arrow that will lose a bit going 5/5 than with 6 Frenzy charges and increased critical damage as opposed to PCOC. That being said, it's not that bad at all. If you have already taken the Power charge, might as well use it. With just 3 Power Charges my Frenzy goes from 56 to 66k, while my Split Arrow drops from like 11k to 9800.

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jun 19, 2014, 7:43:23 PM
what a good post sidra!

thank you !!it's very clear now to me !

i will keep you informed about how it goes for me i am hitting 71 today and probably hitting more level in next days.

you didn't tell us where are you going to invest your nex point if by any mean you hit 94 or 95 ? what would you do ?
Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by almazor on Jun 20, 2014, 4:01:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info