Angelic Mask (Child's Play Charity item) is now available!

Hey Everybody,

Well the weekend is here. I'm glad...first full weekend in 3 weeks. Ready for the race, however its just to see how far I can get really. I've been on the practice tree putting builds together to see what I might try for the race. Got the helm for the kids (I have 2 of my own) and its this which has led me to write my first post. In Chris's opening post for this thread he mentions that at the time of that post $3,000 has been raised and that they're hoping for 10K or more. Now, lets go back to this past Monday when the event was announced. I remember pulling up the thread to read it and was pretty jazzed about it, Went and got my Wife to show her because she's a gamer too and if we're not in the same game we're always sharing about the games we're in. I ran some numbers by her about what could possibly happen with the charity that I want to share here.

Maybe 3 or 4 months ago, not entirely sure, I was reading a post in some thread where it was mentioned that POE registered user count was well on its way to 5 million. We'll say we've hit this number by now and use it for the example. 1 percent of 5 million is 50,000 players....at 5 dollars a shot that's $250,000 raised. Simple but powerful math again 10 percent touches upon 500,000 players which in turn can raise $2,500,000. I told her that this community could pull those kinds of numbers out of the box for these children. Now granted, whether we do or not is a different story, its just possibilities I wanted to throw out there.

So, $500,000 to $2,500,000. That's what I'm rooting for in this event. Lets see what we get when the 24th gets here.

Take Care and Good Luck with Race,

Gangurih
"
radmanvr wrote:
I was going to buy it but then I found out its for a good cause. I am not really a bad guy but I have to stay in character since I role play one online.

Just purchased mine, all for a good cause!
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
eine klasse Idee, macht alle mit :)
bought it, looks ok
a must have item... I posted link to this site from my thread =)

Last edited by simonrauter on May 10, 2014, 10:00:32 AM
Bought mine, what a great cause this is going to. Thank you GGG, and thank you POE community. I am proud to be apart of something so special, and all for the kids, what a wonderful event. Hope it reaches $50,000 +.

Now time to go die in game.
I play using the Steam client. Is there a way to use my Steam currency to purchase this mask perchance? I normally just buy points with what's in my Steam wallet.
"
EpsilonWhale wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
hospitals supported by childs play are located in the US by a whooping 95%. has there been no nz based charity organisation to choose from?

If you zoom out on the map there's one in Auckland: Starship Children's Health.

ok, convinced. coming from a country where caring for each other isn't optional i think giving toys to children in hopspitals is more acceptable to me than funding their basic healthcare by charity.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

:)
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info