[1.2.3] Hurricane Katrina *UPDATED*

"
raics wrote:
"
goat4dinner wrote:
Interesting range on cyclone but build seems extremely low damage - this is just based on what i see in the video. im worried your char will end up doing the "spin until they die of old age" trick in a 6 man party.

the build looks nice and is defintely different (unique snowflake: cheeeck).

Heh, make that '2 man party', the contribution is next to none if you don't count making enemies swing at you fruitlessly as you're almost impossible to kill... actually you're killing more frames in everyone's GPUs than enemies :)

I've put this on hold until I manage to find two good onehanders that rolled +2 weapon range, preferably rapiers. You wouldn't believe how hard is it to find any, people vaal nothing except crap uniques and jewelry. Respeccing into 2H with atziri's disfavour would lose only 1 base range thanks to longer reach of 2H axe, but you know, have you seen the price on the thing? Brutal. It might work with wings of entropy but I'd need to corrupt it myself, they're cheap but considering the odds I'm certainly in no hurry to try it.

Have you ever considered going for Aura nodes and Wrath/ Anger? With that AOE and Speed of Cyclone you might spread it faster and safer then Buzzsaw.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
Have you ever considered going for Aura nodes and Wrath/ Anger? With that AOE and Speed of Cyclone you might spread it faster and safer then Buzzsaw.

I did, I'm already using wrath and 'all melee damage' bonus on amulet interacts nicely with flat added damage from auras. I'd have to swap grace for anger which isn't a big deal by itself but the thing is, it still isn't enough to improve killing speed significantly, base attack sped of prismatic eclipse is just too low to play the elemental buzzsaw card successfully.

I suppose I could use two good rapiers and solve all my problems but the point of the build was to get as much area on cyclone as possible. If I compromise too much the build misses the goal, but low availability of weapon range mod narrows weapon choice down rather painfully.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 8, 2014, 10:32:33 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:

I did, I'm already using wrath and 'all melee damage' bonus on amulet interacts nicely with flat added damage from auras. I'd have to swap grace for anger which isn't a big deal by itself but the thing is, it still isn't enough to improve killing speed significantly, base attack sped of prismatic eclipse is just too low to play the elemental buzzsaw card successfully.

I suppose I could use two good rapiers and solve all my problems but the point of the build was to get as much area on cyclone as possible. If I compromise too much the build misses the goal, but low availability of weapon range mod narrows weapon choice down rather painfully.

Sure. What I meant is going for a Buzzsaw Tree (more or less) and go for the +2 mlee Range at Duelist then. With + Aura Nodes and + Buff nodes Wrath/Anger are Incredible.

Also, have you ever considered this Weapon:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wideswing

Has + 2 Weap. Range, can be corrupted to another +1 Weapon range (GL with that though). Has Innate 20 Inc Aoe Gem.

E: This would be a lvl 90 Tree (oak/skill/skill)
Skilltree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1GYr7CfbaGo9GceGIHaq0DJMnHNx_xhGWcLvZEy9vJ6labSQ8p1xJUeq6PI5XySj66-64kwx9EH_GnqcI2CQ2xR8CBAeXlVJTPV-X9J2uGmzz3RmFJKo26eNq-tIXL4bRJLCApFXWZOdmnsAakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEsxRNgzjvfDwFn9-iAPAfWfOsqnKpfNkZhqxH6ywqTRUgLOndDVuvTioppbZBNJNjcO_jvqduaYTZ_MVnoId2Sn2D2_xLznFsFmVNR34=

Last edited by Vincendra on Jul 9, 2014, 9:56:54 AM
Yeah, wrath and anger are incredible all right, but you really need a high base AS weapon to really make it work, that's the only thing that matters aside of aura nodes. Ele buzzsaw doesn't really kick it into the gear until you get 2 APS weapon and the only way I could get that is corrupting two fast rapiers with +2 range (fat chance for that).

I currently got 14 base cyclone radius, a 1H sword has 6 base, I get +4 for master of arena and amulet, two eclipses with one white socket each gives me another +4.

If I used wideswing I'd have 7 base for 2H axe, +4 for MoA and Amulet, 2 on the weapon and two more if I corrupt it successfully which gives me 15. However, dps would be worse, as the axe is slower, I lose DW bonuses and almost 50% IAS that four green sockets on eclipses give me, not to mention losing 50% block chance.

Now, using two corrupted 2APS rapiers with some elemental damage on them would probably be best, I would also have 15 base radius but I could use wrath and anger to great effect, keep my DW bonuses and 30% block. That would work, but chasing both AoE and aura nodes all over the tree in addition to obligatory life tax could prove too... taxing.

The quickest solution would be wings of entropy, those would instantly triple my dps and I need to corrupt only one weapon, unfortunately I lose 1 base range that way.

"
raics wrote:
[
__________________________________________________________________________________________

As for passive tree, you have one goal, and that's to grab all area nodes at any cost, yes, yes, along with anything defensive you happen to pass by.

This is how it should look like at level 80, or whatever you prefer as long as you tick all AoE nodes... well, not that you got too much wiggling room, given the travelling expenses and obligatory life tax.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGe-vJM6FbizP4LkvSfIW09WkBEYPJYyHt-Kr_noSsiCxz8nKPoqTevuFSC4k3qqLOmnCJrg3Q3YJI9GRZ1br_zFNsUdFNDQTipnoB8C-tLPZbZBKaWHdgQHZp4XLzbpVcY0k0p9l5XAGmTnJKrjahZvY3BSU5f0kFVV1hmF7-M9X6eEgKS-pxo40k1uaRHV7DjAD4TZxLhgQTrYJd9lTdX4V5ct0k3YR36fPp48jHaBbwSzFE3wHwJxgziiALT573w8BZ_fGmzz3Q==

You can do whatever you want with bandits, nothing you do will make or break it, oak in normal will help a lot, the other rewards not so much.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

There aren't really any complicated skill setups either, this is what does the trick:

Cyclone - melee physical damage - life on hit - increased area of effect - blind (maybe)

was thinking a similar build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEBwSzDH0QfxGWFE0VIBZvFy8aOBzcHRQdqh7fHwIj9iQ8JKoksCepKPopTypNLOkvbzKJNJM2ezbFNuk7KDwFPI49Xz8nRnFG10d-STtJUUp9SshOKk9WUlNVxlb6V8lX4lpIWm1br1-qYENjcGOnZU1mnmegbj1uaXC7c-F35X_GgKSCm4LkgwmDOITZhtGHdoqvi4yPRo_6kBGQVZMnl5WX9J_fogCnCKdcp4SzP7QMtKO2QbiTvqe-vMAaxp7PZdDQ2CTZE90N3Ubhc-GI42rquuvu7BjsOO0g7g7vfO_j7_DxdveI-tL8TvzF

with gems being:
cyclone-WED-life gain on hit-faster attacks

with anger/wrath to boost the dmg, if i can get alpha howls could trhow in a haste.

-
if i ever get a 6 link i would be aiming for:
cyclone-life gain on hit-WED- faster attacks- empower - enhace
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jul 9, 2014, 2:41:48 PM
That should work nicely if you trim it down a bit, 120 points is, well... anyway, what you can trim down are elemental nodes, Daresso amulet increases all melee damage including elemental by 60% while on full life and while cycloning you're almost always on full life, it's a pretty hefty bonus and should be enough to postpone investment in elemental damage.

And, like I said, going for AoE is painful enough and shooting for aura nodes is really stretching it thin. So it would probably be best if you chased down aura nodes first to establish a solid DPS base and later think of expanding cyclone. It will probably start working as intended a bit late, though.

But it can be worth it, attacking a big area and kiting at the same time is a huge tactical advantage as RF build readily demonstrates on a smaller scale, many abilities which affect most other builds rather heavily can be safely ignored, things like traps and area abilities with a duration like storm herald, firestorm or poison clouds. You don't really have to tank anything either, most bosses you can zigzag away or circle doing damage on the move from a safe distance.

Good luck :)

Last edited by raics on Jul 9, 2014, 4:59:45 PM
"
raics wrote:
That should work nicely if you trim it down a bit, 120 points is, well... anyway, what you can trim down are elemental nodes, Daresso amulet increases all melee damage including elemental by 60% while on full life and while cycloning you're almost always on full life, it's a pretty hefty bonus and should be enough to postpone investment in elemental damage.

And, like I said, going for AoE is painful enough and shooting for aura nodes is really stretching it thin. So it would probably be best if you chased down aura nodes first to establish a solid DPS base and later think of expanding cyclone. It will probably start working as intended a bit late, though.

But it can be worth it, attacking a big area and kiting at the same time is a huge tactical advantage as RF build readily demonstrates on a smaller scale, many abilities which affect most other builds rather heavily can be safely ignored, things like traps and area abilities with a duration like storm herald, firestorm or poison clouds. You don't really have to tank anything either, most bosses you can zigzag away or circle doing damage on the move from a safe distance.

Good luck :)

Im pretty sure you can get up to 4 APS with cyclone easily with some green sockets in the eclipse and if you use FA as support gem.

Get 2 whites on each one. :P
Full screen cyclone?
"
Vincendra wrote:
Im pretty sure you can get up to 4 APS with cyclone easily with some green sockets in the eclipse and if you use FA as support gem.

Of course you can but like I said it's still not enough, damage goes from 1,5 to 2K maybe, base attack speed is just too low to make the most of flat auras. Compared to wings of entropy which give you 4K right off the bat with only hatred and do mostly physical so it clears even better than dps difference would suggest.

"
Get 2 whites on each one. :P
Full screen cyclone?

Yeah, that was the original idea :) Sadly, more than one white proved a bit tricky to roll and prismatics too weak a weapon to tackle endgame content so I suppose what you see in the video is the most you can realistically get and still be able to do some damage... unless devs decide do make a pair of gloves or something with weapon range bonus these days.

Vidéo request
^___^

Vaal Cyclone!! :))
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info