[1.2.x] Crit flameblast "The reflect safe oneshotter" cheap to start, fun to play

"
Talamis wrote:
I am running a similar build currently in Invasion and I just found this thread. I've been using a Critical Weakness Curse this whole time and using that curse just felt natural. You are using Elemental Weakness however. So, do you have any reason why you prefer Ele Weakness over Crit Weakness?

High resist mobs are a pain in the ass, low resist mobs just immediately die. No point in using Crit Weakness imho.
What do you do in half regen maps? Currently I just drop AA but it seems kind of risky if I hit a reflect mob on accident.
question about infernal mantle, wouldnt that decrease the burn damage because it doesnt add chaos damage like a ming's heart does but converts the fire damage to chaos damage. i believe burn damage is based on the fire damage portion of flameblast when it crits
This build look amazing Nico, do you think it capable of doing normal Atziri by charging up and hope for a high charge Flameblast crit? I saw a Flameblast build done Atziri here btw: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/898067 (but your build is cheaper for new league :D)
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Jun 10, 2014, 11:26:36 PM
"
peterchao789 wrote:
question about infernal mantle, wouldnt that decrease the burn damage because it doesnt add chaos damage like a ming's heart does but converts the fire damage to chaos damage. i believe burn damage is based on the fire damage portion of flameblast when it crits

It does decrease the burn damage it helps you survive against reflect and allows you to crit a lot more often. After the crit chance, +fire gems, and %fire damage it is still a net gain in dps probably.

I've noticed you were not using your infernal mantle on the video?

Were your crit chance enough without the mantle?
Finally hit 90 on this build in invasion, probably not going to be playing it much more since it feels a bit too squishy for my liking. I have roughly 5k hp so that's not the issue, the main problem is the lack of leech or enough hp regen. Seething flasks can only do so much, and it's a real challenge to stay at full hp with so little hp regen from the tree and lack of armor. Ideally I think I would want to either get a 6link mantle and link life leech gem or get a GG corrupted amulet with %fire damage leeched as life, but either of those options will cost me multiple exalts and it's not an investment I want to make this late into the league.

Not to bash the build or anything, it is tons of fun to play and I probably would have gotten bored before hitting 90 with any other build. It's just that being a half hp most of the time due to lack of regen/leech is a big downside to playing this in a hardcore league.
Last edited by hatoblue on Jun 18, 2014, 2:36:29 AM
Running this build in the 1 Month SC Race and have been loving it so far! Currently at rank 5 on the ladder at level 88. Have been chatting with Nico and he requested I show the (admittedly pretty awful) gear I've been using.

Note that it is only day 5 of the league and I have been putting off upgrading gear this early on. (and have been too busy mapping :P)

Just wanted to show that even with relatively shitty gear this build is very capable of holding it's own in any map in the game. The damage output is pretty amazing even in full groups. Survivability can be a bit of an issue, but I imagine once I get my hands on better gear and have the mana regen to sustain 20+ AA, I will be pretty tanky overall. Ele reflect is a non-issue as long as you stick to stage 1 flameblast, as tempting as it may be to fully charge it.

Overall I'm very happy with the build. It is a nice change of pace from the builds I've been playing lately, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of one shotting bosses/exiles with devastating flameblast crits.

Thanks for the guide Nico, hope this bump makes this build a bit more visible and more people try it out!
Last edited by IRespectYouBro on Jul 17, 2014, 6:11:10 AM
A few things to point out:
-Burn nodes are wasted points. When you crit, your targets get ignited based on the amount of damage your initial hit did. With a properly made crit flameblaster, as long as you crit, things will die regardless of whether or not you have burn nodes. If you don't crit, they don't die. Same goes for Increased Burning support.
-Added lightning is a waste of a gem slot. When you crit, things will die, regardless of whether or not they pick up a shockstack. Also, 10% to shock is insignificant considering how often you cast. If you want to at least pretend like it matters, grab Static Blows cluster.
-Your aura choices seem... strange to say the least. Vitality is a strange choice (esp considering how much mana reserve is), and tempest shield without 3dragons/block nodes/spell block sounds pointless.
-I've done Atziri on my flameblaster. Your damage is high enough that you don't need Ignite to kill her. Which brings me to..
-Having more cast speed will make a huge difference. Since FB has 110% MORE damage for each stage, being able to get to stage ~3-4 with minimal effort makes a huge difference. Using Echo or Faster Cast in place of Added Light are both good ideas, as is taking all the 3%+ cast speed nodes.

As an example, here's my tree and links:
"
j0zef wrote:
A few things to point out:
-Burn nodes are wasted points. When you crit, your targets get ignited based on the amount of damage your initial hit did. With a properly made crit flameblaster, as long as you crit, things will die regardless of whether or not you have burn nodes. If you don't crit, they don't die. Same goes for Increased Burning support.
-Added lightning is a waste of a gem slot. When you crit, things will die, regardless of whether or not they pick up a shockstack. Also, 10% to shock is insignificant considering how often you cast. If you want to at least pretend like it matters, grab Static Blows cluster.
-Your aura choices seem... strange to say the least. Vitality is a strange choice (esp considering how much mana reserve is), and tempest shield without 3dragons/block nodes/spell block sounds pointless.
-I've done Atziri on my flameblaster. Your damage is high enough that you don't need Ignite to kill her. Which brings me to..
-Having more cast speed will make a huge difference. Since FB has 110% MORE damage for each stage, being able to get to stage ~3-4 with minimal effort makes a huge difference. Using Echo or Faster Cast in place of Added Light are both good ideas, as is taking all the 3%+ cast speed nodes.

As an example, here's my tree and links:

1) Burn nodes a waste ????? BURNING DAMAGE GEM A WASTE ??????? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Did we play the same build ? When I got my 6L and I could finally put increase burning the damage increase was so insane it's what pushed me into the 1shot+ ennemies dies within a second or two. One shotting mobs is good, them dieing fast is better. Don't want to stare at them for too long. Also I'm so high on crit that burning allows me to push the damage further without having issues with reflect

2) Added lightning a waste ? Now you're just being an idiot, sorry. This support allows me to one shot rares and bosses. Why ? Simple. If you crit 3 ennemies, all ennemies it proliferates to gets triple shocked stack = rare instantly dead aswell as bosses. I can literally one shot any boss in the game (except fucking atziri because of this ignite immune bullshit)

3) Auras... Well they don't add any damage whatsoever so I just picked w/e I lacked. I lacked life regen so I took vitality (I think I Replaced it later with purity of lightning cause i lacked resists) Tempest shield is just there because I need to stay above 35% mana to not get fucked by the chest , and it happened to be that I could add that additional aura and still be fine ... so why not ?

4) Meh I'd still not do atziri with this build , too much useless nodes. But that's fine I just farm the rest of the game and if I need to buy atziri shit from people with other builds

5) Cast speed is totally pointless because I one shot nearly everything with 1 stack

6 (your gear) ) Conc effect is a totally SHIT gem with fb + prolif, mainly because it reduces the radius of your proliferation. The only time I'd use that is to swap out prolif for it to fight bosses that don't have ads

I appreciate the comments, but I really think you're entirely wrong about this build and how it works. You might have a different working fb build and that's fine, but the purpose of this one is : -1 shot virtually anything in the game - be reflect safe - be constantly moving because you only need 1 stacks - don't die too much (which the high level aa accomplishes)
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info