[1.2.x] Crit flameblast "The reflect safe oneshotter" cheap to start, fun to play

Added my current end game rampage gear in there , currently clearing maps like they're nothing :>
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
First of all I like the build and thanks for your work :D

Second I really think the Increased Burning Damage gem is a waste ;)

Some math with my current Flame Blast assuming a L20 IBD:
IBD Theory

Base Damage:

Burn damage (per second - no IBD):

Burn damage (per second - with IBD):

Now let's say I swap the IBD for Spell Echo which gives me two stages with one cast:

Base Damage (*2 since SE reduces the damage by 10%):

Burn damage (per second - no IBD):

If you go for 4 stages (2 without SE) the increase becomes even more extreme.

This is of course just some theorycrafting and I don't know if you can safely blast reflect packs with a stage-4 flameblast. I'm certainly going with Spell Echo since it will also improve the time to 10 stages on bosses :)

I've also ditched the 2 10% crit multiplier nodes in the Doom Cast circle and didn't get Throatseeker and picked up the spell damage leading to the witch which net's me a lot more base damage and thus higher crits.

Some more math:
Crit math

Formula:
Base_damage * increase_spelldamage * crit_multiplier * stage_multiplier

Base damage (assuming L18 Flameblast):

Spell damage (including elemental):

Crit multiplier (with your build, my gear):

Stage multiplier (assuming Spell Echo thus 2):

260.5 * 3.27 * 5.24 * 2 = 8034,5

Now if we swap the 65% crit multiplier for 62% spell damage:

260.5 * 3.89 * 4.59 * 2 = 9302,5071

It only really applies if you go beyond the first stage but the difference becomes huge if you go for 10 on bosses

Our playstyles certainly differ I just thought I might give you a headsup on the math :)
infernal mantle makes you take 100% increased spell damage when low on mana. With all these reserved auras, doesnt that mean you take 100% increased spell damage 24/7? thus not being hardcore viable?
also is there any way you deal with getting stunned?
=\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info