Drillneck mechanics questions

1. Let's say you're using a typical bow with Drillneck (10% pierce chance, Projectile Damage increased by Arrow Pierce Chance). You're using a level 21 Pierce support (60% pierce chance) as well as a level 21 Projectile Weakness (60% pierce chance).

Which best describes the damage increase from Drillneck on enemies cursed with Projectile Weakness?
a. 70%
b. 100%
c. 130%

2. Take the situation from #1, then add the Piercing Shots passive notable (35% pierce chance).

Which best describes the damage increase from Drillneck on enemies cursed with Projectile Weakness?
a. 100%
b. 105%
c. 165%

3. Take the situation from #2, then replace the bow with Infractem.

a. 100%
b. 105%
c. 205%
d. 265%
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 5, 2014, 7:18:21 AM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2016, 6:23:03 PM
My understanding is:
1) a (10+60)
2) b (10+60+35)
3) (105, not listed)

With these assumptions:
- "Additional chance to be pierced" is not the same as a player's pierce chance.
- Always Pierces is not "+100% chance to pierce", it's its own mod.
Well I listed it now. Still not very sure, and you obviously can't tooltip the DPS for the Projectile Weakness damage (even if tooltip could be considered reliable in general).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I also don't think the bonus from projectile weakness counts, but it wasn't confirmed either way and we don't know how exactly is it calculated so we might be surprised. Anyway, basic rule says a curse affects the enemy, not you, so I don't think it can stack with your bonuses just like that.

Anyway, drillneck uses your 'pierce chance' stat from char screen, increased locally by pierce gem. Infractem makes that stat 100%, but whether it gives you '+100% pierce chance' or 'your pierce chance is 100%' I got no clue but it shouldn't be hard to check. But the stat can go over 100% as far as I know.

So, I say...
1) 70
2) 105
3) 205 (guess, but using infractem probably wouldn't be worth it either way)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Pretty sure projectile weakness doesn't work. Also pretty sure it uses the pierce chance in the char screen, and it is capped at 100%. At least that is how it works with poison arrow, both on the tooltip and from my testing.

100% is cap

tested it already
"
xdjamakx wrote:
100% is cap, tested it already

Then that would be that, haven't tested it myself so it was third-hand info.
Still, even 100% is pretty significant and pretty awesome for bow CoC builds that trigger projectile spells.

I'm wondering:
Even though Pierce has no effect on Rain of Arrows,
does it still get the damage buff from Drillneck?
Good question. My guess is that it uses the chance to pierce of whatever skill you are using (based on the support gem making that higher), so I would say if a skill tooltip lists 0% or no pierce chance, the damage wouldn't be boosted.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
S_Guy wrote:
I'm wondering:
Even though Pierce has no effect on Rain of Arrows,
does it still get the damage buff from Drillneck?

It does, Drillneck gives your projectile hits a 'projectile damage' bonus based on their arrow pierce chance stat, and they possess the said stat even if they can't make use of it. So drillneck works just fine on rain of arrows, explosive arrow detonations, poison arrow clouds, bleeding from puncture and all projectile spells.

Last edited by raics on May 5, 2014, 12:13:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info