1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

Nice update

but i have a few questions ^^

Why don`t you use the Herlad of Ash in your weapon linked to an increased burning and reduced Mana Gem? With the Pyre Ring and the lvl 20 Prolif in the Doryani you can get a very nice Aoe-DOT -Effect. But the Herald is an 42% mana cost aura without the red. Mana Gem.

I am lvl 81 with my Duelist and i am still not sure why i should pick the Avatar of Flames passiv.
I am dealing no lightning dmg, my cold dmg is completly converted to fire by the pyre Ring. So all it would do is convert 50% of my phys Dmg to fire and the other half is lost? So where are the pros for it?

I tried the leap slam - gain endurance charge combo, but i am not really satisfied with it. I can get charges from normal mobs but on higher Maps i dont get the charges from blue mobs or bosses. where i would need them?t he most. How do you do it with your setup?

I am experimenting with a new setup atm. I switched flammability for warlord mark. One that is cast by a lvl 1 cwdt gem and i high lvl one that i can cast directly. So i could get rid of the blood magic gem and get a real 5-linked attack in my armor. And it works really good with one extra mana potion for extra refills. I keep the blood magic gem in my inventory for curse immune mobs.

For the linking of molten strike - my best dmg combo atm is Molten + Multi+ Faster attack + Weap ele Dmg+ and as number 5 strangly - extra phys dmg? I tried extra fire, but that would only give my 60& of the phys dmg gem. Is that because i dont use avator of fire?

I guess as a sixed gem i would link fire penetration to it - which should really boost my dmg further.

I would be glad to hear from you. Cu Ac

Ps:

A Quick stat and link overview.

Dmg 18k Dps - 3.9 k Hp (Hatred + Herald of Ash+ Herald of Ice +) 63% block, 7 k armor

Weapon Doryani - Herald of Ash + increased Burn. + red Mana

Shield: Daresso - Mana leech-culling strike - flicker

Armor 5 linked - see above

Head - CWDT lvl1 - Endurance cry- Immortal call- increased dur.

Gloves - CWDT - molten shell - warlords mark - high lvl light warp for self cast mobility/ will be changed to leap

Boots - Red mana - hatred - herald of ice - warlords mark (high lvl)

one pyre ring!

Herald of Ice can be swapped for tempest shield for 4% extra block.

For all the auras i did take the 4 passivs points to red mana cost on the top left of the tree.

"
AdmiralC wrote:
Nice update

That's a long read sir!

1. You answered your question yourself, linking your Herald of Ash in Doryani's increased it's reserved mana to 35% (with Reduced Mana), which you simply can't afford. Unless you take red mana nodes... so you'd have to sacrifice block, life or damage.

2. Of course it's not lost, it's converted to fire damage by Molten Strike itself. In other words 100% of your physical damage and 100% of your cold damage (with Pyre) are converted to fire damage. This way % WED from Doryani's, nodes and other gear increased all of your damage.

3. Well, if you run Warlord's Mark and get rid of Blood Magic you lose some offense/survivability (gotta cut an aura or two or some pdmg/block/life nodes), but gain more offense from the additional socket. But, does it increase your damage by 1/3? Because that's what Flammability does. It also gives you some chance to ignite which means even more damage (burning + explosion from Pyre). Added Fire Damage works with 100% of your pre-conversion physical damage. This is how the chain of damage conversion works in this case:
Flat physical > % increased physical damage > % of physical damage as fire (Added Fire, Herald of Ash) and cold (Hatred) > physical converted to fire > cold converted to fire > % increased elemental damage.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Sep 13, 2014, 11:33:26 AM
Hey Dzwonsson! our specs got pretty similar after ur rework, i did a marauder version, a bit more defensive cuz im playing in beyond, but still alot in common, i have a feel questions for you.

About auras: Dont you think that using herald of ash with increase burning and ele prolif is better then simply using herald of ice? (i do not have a dorianys on beyond). im using herald of ash (inc. burn. ele prolif.) hatred and temp shield. I got 12% mana free, i feel like if i sacrifice smth and get the reduced nodes i could run herald of ice, dont know if its going to work.

Dps question: What do you think the build benefits most from? ele nodes or mace phy. nodes, becoz i get some ele nodes but i really dont know which one will pimp my dps most.

Items: How much dps would i gain with dorianys invitation? it worth the 5ex afford? if yes which version is better the phys or fire dmg? ( the fire give's me ele life steal ).

My spec and gear atm:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQY5EuEUIBRSFHUU9hZvGJEY2xo4GlUb-iFgJKol3ycvJ-0pTzAZMn4yiTSONug26TpSPfxAoEd-UEdT31cNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5r2WwWbmlyqXTtdPF35XnAeu982X7igFaCm4TZhO-GO4cZi0-Mz5BVkHSRzpuDoLSkGaTCpzCnhKyqrK-vjbvtvJ--p8APwBrBBMbYzNvSTdwd42rjn-RR567sOO7Z7w7zBvZI9zL60vuq_Ev_0w==

Spoiler

If there's smth besides this horrible gloves i could change tell me! Thanks mate!
Last edited by FeFFoM on Sep 13, 2014, 1:58:25 PM
As someone who struggles with trading at all/gaining currency, should I settle for a 2-3 exalt catalyst with bad rolls?

How much should I expect to pay for a good one in rampage league?
Look for a doryani with dps - that is the important stat - i got mine with 280 dps for 3.5 ex. Your are close.
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
"
AdmiralC wrote:
Nice update

That's a long read sir!

1. You answered your question yourself, linking your Herald of Ash in Doryani's increased it's reserved mana to 35% (with Reduced Mana), which you simply can't afford. Unless you take red mana nodes... so you'd have to sacrifice block, life or damage.

2. Of course it's not lost, it's converted to fire damage by Molten Strike itself. In other words 100% of your physical damage and 100% of your cold damage (with Pyre) are converted to fire damage. This way % WED from Doryani's, nodes and other gear increased all of your damage.

3. Well, if you run Warlord's Mark and get rid of Blood Magic you lose some offense/survivability (gotta cut an aura or two or some pdmg/block/life nodes), but gain more offense from the additional socket. But, does it increase your damage by 1/3? Because that's what Flammability does. It also gives you some chance to ignite which means even more damage (burning + explosion from Pyre). Added Fire Damage works with 100% of your pre-conversion physical damage. This is how the chain of damage conversion works in this case:
Flat physical > % increased physical damage > % of physical damage as fire (Added Fire, Herald of Ash) and cold (Hatred) > physical converted to fire > cold converted to fire > % increased elemental damage.

1. You do have enough Mana to run Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Herald of Ice without problems. Lvl 16 red Mana gems or so should be enough. Yes i have to get rid of the tempest shield - so i loose more or less only 4% block chance. I did invest 4 points in the passiv mana reduction - gives me 16% extre reduction and also 10% extra aura effect - which gave me a nice dps boost.

2. You where absolutly right! I totally forgot the phys to fire conversion of the molten strike gem!. I lvled up last night and took the passiv. Boosted my Dmg from 18k to 21k!!!. A very nice ugrade and i still have 8 nodes for zepter dmg to go! ^^

3. Warlords Mark boosts me from 14.7k to 21k Dmg because of the extra phys-Dmg gem i can link in my armor - so yes is does give me more than 1/3 Dmg. This extra Dmg also goes into to overpower dmg i prolife with the Ash Aura. Atm i can clear screens with it on a lvl 66 map with one kill.^^ All i did is substitute flammabilty for it - so i dont loose an aura or defense.

And the main point why i did it was to strenghten my defense - why? Because you get 5% extra life leech! And that makes a hughe difference. The curse also has a chance to give you endurance charges which also help to buff you up. ^^
The cons are: i have to cast it often so i dont run out of mana.

You should give it a try for a bit - just swap flam for warlords mark put a mana potion in your belt and subs the blood magic for more phys dmg. I would really like to hear your feedback to it.

Greetings AC
^
1. First, we need to see how much DOT I'd be actually doing. I deal ~20,500 fire damage without Herald of Ice. 20,500 / 3 = ~6,850. That has to be cut by 4 (DOT), so my base burning damage per second would be ~1,710. I'd get 100% increased burning damage from gem + Pyre, so it's 3,420 additional DPS. My thinking would be you're right on linking Herald of Ash in Doryani's. With the only difference being I'd rather cut Herald of Ice than Tempest Shield. I'll include it in the next update.

2. I guess it's solved. ;)

3. What gem gives you almost 7k DPS boost? I hope you didn't link your Molten Strike with Melee Physical Damage, because this gem doesn't affect your projectiles. You oversaw one thing though. Against packs 1% elemental leech will probably bring you to the leech cap. In my case 20,500 DPS x 1/3 = 26,650. x 1% = 266.5 life leeched per second from only melee damage. Let's say there's 10 mobs in a pack and all within the melee range. 266.5 x 10 = 2,665. Which is over the 40% leech cap. And we didn't count projectiles. My guess would be even against single targets (uniques) and with projectiles I leech at max cap. Also, remember that except the 6k boost I get from Flammability this curse also works with burning damage. So my total boost is a bit above 7k. And I don't need to take any additional nodes and self cast anything. ;)
@FeFFoM:

I checked your tree and there's some things I'd rework:
- Elementalist: it only increases your DPS by 12%, so it's definitely not worth picking, especially that you have to take an additional INT node;
- Born to Fight and pdmg/as nodes in the Marauder starting area, BtF only increases your melee damage, so it's a waste of points, same as 10% pdmg nodes;
- You took a lot of points to get Iron Wall and Golem's Blood, while there are better ways to get life/regen and block.

I'd do something like that:

- You retain that additional 1% regen;
- Get 1% more block than in your tree;
- Get 10% more increased life (+ some flat life!);
- And a lot more damage (66% increased pdmg!).
You'll prolly also get more armor (Iron Reflexes).

Physical damage nodes gives you the most as everything (Hatred, Herald, Added Fire etc.) scales off it. You shouldn't take Doryani's Invitation at all. This belt is a waste of currency in this case. Get you a Meginord's for 20c or a good rare belt with % phys/WED.

Your gear... that one ring with accuracy is bad. At this point you should get something with nice flat phys roll, life and res. Except of that your items are okay-ish if you don't have too much currency. :)
Running that build slightly different. Had no issues besides Atrizi, but thats a common thing for Melee Elemental Builds.
Heres the question: Why not Aurora? It works!
My gear:
Spoiler

Its not the best but it does its job. Any map? No problem. Although Atrizi herself is kinda a thing. You still can kill her. But it takes AGES. Any ideas?
Why not Aurora? It's another 1.5ex you gotta spend on gear (+ much more to get any decent ES) and I'm not really a powergamer. I can clear all maps without Aegis, so why should I get it? I recently added Atziri's Step and with that very little spell dodge I can survive most of spell storms, so it's good enough. But, if someone feels like taking Atziri or Palace Dominus without any challenge and can afford Aegis + ES gear, sure, I don't have a problem with that. I'm a softcore player and this build is tons of fun as it is. ;)

BTW, it's me, Dzwonsson, I just have two different accounts. Also, I'll add a short map farming guide today or tomorrow as I received some questions about getting enough currency.

And, here's a little bonus. I did some farming and this is what happened:
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info