Molten Strike

My question is does Molten Strike work with the node "Melee Chance to bleed".

I am assuming the physical hit with weapon works but what about the projectiles?

If so I can see bleed being viable option due to so many hit chances.
The Projectiles are not Melee. That's why they are Projectiles, really :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Projectiles are not Melee. That's why they are Projectiles, really :P

It says melee attacks have a chance to bleed. MS is an attack it doesn't specify that the projectiles are not part of the attack as a whole. Depends on how you look at it. But ok question answered ty.
The Projectiles are part of the Attack. However, they are not part of the Melee Attack.
'Melee' is just a subset of Attack. Molten Strike is an Attack, with one Melee component and one Projectile component.
Question :

How does Molten Strike + Multistrike + Power Charge on Critical + cast on critical strike + Ice Nova
will behave ? ... I don't wanna make a char and realize at level 60+ that it doesn't work as planned...

If it happen that My hit with multistrike will be critical .... that means all 3 consecutive strikes from multistrike will be critical but the Cast on Critical Strike will activate only once ... that's fine by me ... but the thing is .... will the spell ice nova will also proc from magma balls that comes from molten strike ?!

I'm interested if I will get an ice nova from each magma ball from molten strike.....
Long Live the Templars !!!!
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
Question :

How does Molten Strike + Multistrike + Power Charge on Critical + cast on critical strike + Ice Nova
will behave ? ... I don't wanna make a char and realize at level 60+ that it doesn't work as planned...

If it happen that My hit with multistrike will be critical .... that means all 3 consecutive strikes from multistrike will be critical but the Cast on Critical Strike will activate only once ... that's fine by me ... but the thing is .... will the spell ice nova will also proc from magma balls that comes from molten strike ?!

I'm interested if I will get an ice nova from each magma ball from molten strike.....
if you have max crit chance somehow, i doubt that each ball will cause a nova due to the cooldown placed by CoC. if somehow hits are staggered, then yes each ball plus the melee hit itself will cause a cast... or more correctly chance to cast.

edit: i say "somehow" there because every ball lands for its AoE at exact same moment. but yes thier distance traveled has a factor in spreading hits out.

i tried myself and wasn't fully dedicated crit yet (was only mid level) and yes i did get two casts every once in awhile. the melee hit and the projectile hit(s).
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 21, 2014, 1:14:21 AM
I have notice something strenge when i whas in party whit player using this skill.
So when i entered zone he whas before me i can hear his hits as area show on my screan even to he whas ther long ago. If you ask me this sims to be sort of memory leek problem.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Mar 31, 2015, 5:37:38 PM
I hate how I'm always playing a melee build, then I'm like lulz lets swap "any melee skill" with molten strike and check my dps.

molten strike always wins.

I always have more DPS and kill faster with this skill than any other melee attacks :(
S L O W E R
I've always liked how this skill looks and functions, and so I tried to combine it with the other melee thing I enjoy, Cast of Melee Kill.
That was until I realized that the projectile don't proc it, since they don't count as melee.

That was a 'fuck right the hell off' moment. You can attack clear across the map with Reave, and it counts as melee, but Molten Strike doesn't from a couple feet away. I understand why they are projectiles and not melee, for scaling sake, but this still sucks arse.

Yet another limitation to a melee skill, I don't know why I was surprised.
I'm a bit unclear on how inc. AoE interacts with MS's projectiles: if I have GMP AND LMP linked to MS, will inc. AoE nodes from the passive tree increase or decrease the number of times I hit a single target with a single attack?

Further background: I am enjoying a Duelist build using MS as his main attack, with GMP and LMP linked to MS. I also have LGoH linked to MS. I am sure that my survivability is increased by GMP + LMP (ie, 9 projectiles = more hits on a single target = more LGoH benefits), but I'm not sure if I will benefit by taking inc. AoE nodes on the tree. Specifically, will I hit a single target (ie, a Boss) more or less frequently if my AoE radius is increased?

I hope this is clear, but if not please let me know and I'll try to explain further.

Thanks for your help!
IGN: NinetySixBottlesOfBeer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info