*Too much clutter!* Cheap and effective triple arc totem witch farming build. 300%+ rarity find.

Hey mate! Interesting build. Im looking for a fun and cheap build to farm up in ambush and was first thinking of going summoner. Would you say this build is superior to an mf summoner in terms of clear speed...solo capability and costs? I have around 1 exalt to spend on the mf char.
Cheers
"
PavZ wrote:
Since Arc has a very low crit chance (4%) i think you should remove all Crit nodes (12) and instead go for more totem Dmg / more ES / Blood Magic node / ...

Yes, can do that. But since Arc chains up to 7 different enemies, you can easily multiply that 4% chance by 7. 4+7 = 11% crit chance. Not to mention, that you can summon 3 totems, which makes the total chance 33%. Add that up with crit nodes + the damage bonus from schocked status, and you get some really insane DPS. In my opinion, way better than just simply pumping pure DPS without crit.

"
Tallinn wrote:

Whenever I zone, my reserved life goes away and I need to re-cast everything after I re-equip the helm. Am I doing something wrong?

You are doing everything right. That's how it's supposed to work. It's a bug after all.

"
sseibert9322 wrote:
im using your build right now and i have a question until arc what gems do you use? currently using storm call and spark, thanks.

As I described in my first post, using flameblast + arc is the easiest way to go until you grind up to level 49.

"
AlyMarsh wrote:
i think i was being stupid in my above post^ , CI would mean our MAX life would be 1. therefore not being able to have "low life" i think im right this time. :P

Yup, you are right. Low life works only on 30% HP. CI makes your HP 1, thus it's 100%. Also, with double andvarius rings, you can easily re-master the skill points and go for CI, then you will still have over 300% rarity and safe from chaos damage.

"
ben_hure wrote:
Hey mate! Interesting build. Im looking for a fun and cheap build to farm up in ambush and was first thinking of going summoner. Would you say this build is superior to an mf summoner in terms of clear speed...solo capability and costs? I have around 1 exalt to spend on the mf char.
Cheers

The thing with summoners, is that their early-game (level 1-50) is incredibly slow. Triple totems can clear places way faster than a summoner, so if you're looking for a farm build, then my build is for you. If you're looking for fun and lower rarity, then you can roll a summoner build.

Hope that answers your question! :)
Last edited by FunkyDonkey on May 10, 2014, 7:38:33 AM
I've been away from PoE since Beta and had been looking for a replacement for my old dual Sporker build. Summoners are not my style so I gave this a whirl and am very happy once again.

I'm now lvl 55 with 1000 ES, 250+ IIR and 1600+ DPS x3 totems. Considering I just started playing again last week with nothing to my name and already have several exalteds worth of gear, I can say for sure your build is effective.

For now I am running dual Redbeak swords for the 100% increased damage x2 in Low Life state. I'm squishier without a shield but that's just how I roll.

Thanks for giving me a starting point.

My Gear in case anyone is curious about the stats above.
Spoiler
PM me or find me in game if I win. It's hard to keep track of all my bids.

IGN = ShatCrash
Last edited by koranuso on May 12, 2014, 12:32:33 PM
Interesting build, but I was wondering why you choose the casting speed nodes at the beginning of the tree vs. the critical nodes. Since this build seems to depend on crits for DPS it would seem having +55% critical chance for spells (25+15+15) would lead to higher average DPS vs. a 12% increased cast speed (4+4+4).

Edit: saw you did get one of those nodes. I'm getting:

20+20+40+30+15+45+60=230x.04=9.2% chance crit without and

20+20+40+30+15+45+60+30=260x.04=10.4% chance crit with per hit

so not worth the 12% lost casting speed IYO?
Last edited by Xaylone on May 12, 2014, 10:55:40 PM
You already get alot of casting Speed from the build as it is + faster casting gem, so the additional 12% shouldn't do too much. However, the casting speed should increase the shown DPS more than the crit, but every crit means an additional shock effect. On Singeltarget or any enemies with elemental resist and high HP it does way more for you than the casting speed. In the end, you should be able to take both if you want to, or just choose whatever you feel like, it will work out either way.

I slightly changed the build anways. I don't use snapshotting (because it's a bug after all, and im way to lazy for that) and Clarity (again, to lazy to use Mana Potions all the time), Disciplin and Purity of Elements. I'm taking some Aura Nodes to Handle the high mana Multiplier from Blood Magic Gem and lost some DPS nodes for that (atm at least, can still take them on higher level, im still only level 65)

Btw how do you only reach 10.4% crit in the end? I haven't calculated it, but atm i have a crit rate of 13.2% with a Multiplier of 225% and there are still some crit nodes to take.
"
Rahcknab wrote:

Btw how do you only reach 10.4% crit in the end? I haven't calculated it, but atm i have a crit rate of 13.2% with a Multiplier of 225% and there are still some crit nodes to take.

That's passives only and I could have missed some, too, just a quick figure to see if there was a huge difference.
Been having fun with the build :D

Gear so far.
Spoiler

People love it when I join in xD
been working on this build, looks very interesting.

but this part, from the original post has me confused

The second way is to link blood magic gem to the aura you wish to use:

Discipline + Empower + Blood magic

With this combination, your health should drop below 35%.

I don't have a Malachai and even if I did, planning ahead for when they "fix" snap shotting with it. blood magic gem, even at a high level at least doubles the mana cost and that appears to include % costs. so a discipline + blood magic gem combo will cost 120% or more of your health, and is impossible to run.

possibly with a BM + reduced mana and maybe slipping into one of the reduced aura cost nodes you could get down to around 70% reserved cost for a single aura.

or am I missing something obvious, which is entirely possible :)
a variation of skill tree, no critical, and more auras.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB6UC40myLJzBtFWu5OxEq3YRj6Z-ry0fHwJtGY0ZNsU74cHz4BLYJOL3XIqio92MpwinK3_G2t24k52uj0aLehzcwcV-WRGWp5QMfRpsHRQtR-wYcLteXdH9EH_kIvPd-tJQQo_6w23ZE8aeKU-1BGaeFy-MNnvXL2_sOIKbXcbAGnFNZOcTnnOzOthG193zWfOaz1XWpJHwa03YYG0qE0NjgKR-MxXnjHZaK8MTtzHVTyynWPXed6PyncTxdg==

a variation of gems that I plan to use.
Spoiler

I use it to get low life (Malachai)
4L: Colors: RRBG
Clarity - Reduced Mana - Discipline - Haste
This reduced mana, I'll level up according to the possible, even to the least of life (75% of cost of life) when it reaches it will leave him without leveling. This is because the points of cost reduction aura that I caught.

4L: Colors: RRBG
Reduced Mana - Purity of Lightning - Purity of Fire - Purity of Ice

4L5S: Colors: GBBB | B
Arc - Culling Strike - Item Rarity - Faster Casting (in 5L lightning pen)
Conductivy

3L: Colors: RBB
Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting

4L: Colors: RR??
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - ? - ?

3L: Colors: ???
? - ? - ?

what did you think?
Last edited by f3nrir_ on May 27, 2014, 1:44:14 PM
Already complete this skill tree passive:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpQ5IES8RlhOeFecWQBpsHwIpTyoTLJwspy0fNsU74UGWQ2NEq0bXSbJVrlcrWPVZ81orXIpdxl3yXl1gbWaebRlwUnDVcU1zs3YRe9d-M35Zfq9_xoIQhX2IQohrjDaNGY5kj6aP-prPnYCdo52uncSio6PypJGnCKcrp5S1BLb3tvq3MbiTwBrAUcG0wcXB88MTw23R_dVP2CTa3d2M3fPed9-w4BLi9-OE5CLk7OwY8GvyHfem_Ks=

and now? where do I assign?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info