*Too much clutter!* Cheap and effective triple arc totem witch farming build. 300%+ rarity find.

Greetings! I finally decided to share my build that has over 300% rarity and is very cheap, and affordable even by new players!

Pros:

*Great DPS (total of 14.3k+ at lv75)
*Over 300% rarity!
*Cheap to build
*Fast leveling
*Map farming viable
*Good clearing speeds
*Most map modifiers don't bother you!
*Easy to get rich fast!
*Parties will love you!

Cons:
*Low life build
*Squishy
*Chaos damage wrecks you
*Might require skill/strategy to play correctly
*If you don't like dying and losing XP from time to time, this build is not for you.

================================================

Gameplay Videos:
Spoiler

Build in general:

If the cons list didn't turn you off yet, then you might like to know that this build is great for farming maps and doing group Piety runs. You will provide your party members with 300%+ rarity drops, thanks to culling strike and extra damage to shocked enemies! You will be able to save up for any build or just simply keep on playing this with even more rarity and upgrades!

Why totems? Because they deal great DPS, you can summon up to 3 with AB and soul mantle, and you can spam them until your potions run out!

Some things to note before focusing on the build:
Let's clarify, what exactly is item rarity! Open up the spoiler and read!
Spoiler
"
Increased Item Rarity % modifiers increase the chances of an item being magic, rare, or unique. For example with a total of +100% increased item rarity, you'd get twice as many magic items, twice as many rares and twice as many uniques from normal enemies.

As it can be found here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate

Which means, that with this build, you'd get 3x as many magic, rare and unique drops as usual!
But does that affect currency? Like Chaos, Exalted, Eternal Orbs?. There is no answer to that question, because wiki has a contradiction about this subject.

"
This modifier has no effect on the number or type of currency items, scrolls, or gems that drop since they have no rarity like normal, magic, rare or unique.

As it can be found on: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_Rate

Versus:

"
Players can boost their chances of getting powerful equipment, uniques, and currency with the modifiers Increased Rarity of Items Found

As it can be found on: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rarity

But do not fear! I personally believe that the rarity does increase the chances to find currency items! I personally find a chaos or two in every SINGLE MAP I do. Sometimes I don't, but hey, chances are chances.

Skill Tree at current level (75):

A little Q/A about the skill tree:

Spoiler

Q:
Why Arcane Vision? It's useless!
A: No it's not. Not in this build. When you are on low life, your light radius gets reduced! Which means, that in dark and gloomy maps, like crypt or ebony barracks, your visibility will be incredibly low. You won't see what's in front of you and you might run into some mobs that will kill you, or you won't be able to see poison clouds and die from them! If you can deal with the low visibility, you may as well not use it.

Q: Why take power charge on the way to Ancestral Bond?
A: For shortcut purposes. By doing so, you save few skill points, that you can use elsewhere.

Q: Why all of those Dexterity nodes?
A: To help leveling Culling Strike. A critical skill in this build. If you find enough dexterity from your items, then you can skip those nodes and invest them elsewhere.

Q: Why Pain Attunement?
A: It will increase your DPS greatly when on low life. Since this build focuses on low life, your DPS will skyrocket!.

The mandatory gear:
Spoiler

These four items are the ones you should focus on getting. Wonderstrap boots are quite easy to get, you might even get them for free! Because they are really common, just ask in general chat and maybe someone will be kind enough to gift you a pair.
Soul mantle with 4 links is the only "expensive item" you will be paying for. Till the time you can wear it, there shouldn't be a problem saving up enough to get it.

Just with this setup, your item rarity has already reached 170-200% ! And that's without any rigs/amulet/helmet! (keep on reading to find out how to turn on low-life, to get the 100% bonus from boots)

The gear I currently use:
Spoiler

With my current gear, my item rarity is 297% base + 55% from the item rarity gem, which makes it 342% ! I could easily boost it to 378% with stormsail shield equipped, but then I'd lose quite a bit of DPS and resistances. With another decent roll andvarius ring, my rarity would reach 412% !

Now, you do not need to worry about andvarius rings, because they are really expensive. With decent gold rings and
, you should be able to reach 300% rarity without any problems.

The MANDATORY flasks to use:

Spoiler

Remove curses effect is very important for triple totem soul mantle build. Because whenever you re-cast the 3rd totem, or one of your totems die/expire, you will get cursed with a random level20 curse. They will make your resistances low, make you vulnerable, reduce your movement speed, reduce your DPS and so on.
That's why these potions are incredibly critical to any triple totem build.

But do not worry, potions with curse removal can be made quite easily! You just need quite a few orbs of Alteration and orbs of Augmentation. Usually for 1 potion with curse remove, you will spend about 40 alterations, sometimes more depending on your luck, or you can simply find a seller that will sell those potions for a cheap price!

The gems to use:
Spoiler

For soul mantle:
Arc + Faster Casting + Culling Strike + Item Rarity.

All of these have to be linked in a 4 socket, 4 link soul mantle. Do not worry about Spell Totem, because Soul Mantle already is supported by a level 15 spell totem! Which means, that whatever skill you put inside that mantle, upon casting it, a totem will show up! And the difference between a lv15 spell totem and a lv20 totem, is only 5 seconds of totem duration. When you summon totems, they hardly ever will last long enough to expire.

Culling strike is a great skill, because whenever your totem will hit something that has 10% HP or less, the mob gets instantly killed! That applies to all of the unique bosses as well! On top of that, it gives a nice bonus to increased damage, making your DPS higher, + you can quality it up to increase casting speed as well!

If you get 5 socket soul mantle, you can add lightning penetration to boost your DPS.

For any other 4 socket, 4 linked item:
Lightning warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration + Reduced Mana

Is a great combination for moving around and getting out of tight situations, opening exploding strongboxes becomes easy and you get to stay alive.

The Curses to use:

Not even spoiler worthy, because you only need Conductivity! This skill is awesome against anything that can be cursed, although most of the rare mobs in merciless will resist curses.

How to enable low life with auras:
Spoiler

Now this is the trickiest part of the whole build.

EDIT: The blood magic effect from equipment will be removed anytime soon, check http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911376/filter-account-type/staff
But don't worry, Blood Magic gems are cheap and linking them with auras shouldn't be a problem.

Low life in Path of Exile is considered when your character falls below 35% HP. This can be achieved in several ways. The easiest way is to cast auras on your health with the help of blood magic. There is one item in the game that can do just that without the blood magic gem !
. To make this work without actually wearing the item all the time, is to simply equip it, cast the aura you wish and then remove it.
In this case, to get below 35% health. I used:

Discipline + Empower

As it can be seen in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPYwc5qP47E

(As far as I understand, this is a bug but not a harmful one, because you can achieve the same effect with any blood magic gem and those are easy to get! Consider it as a shortcut.)

The second way is to link blood magic gem to the aura you wish to use:

Discipline + Empower + Blood magic

With this combination, your health should drop below 35%. If you cannot get your hands on Empower gem, you may also try linking:

Haste + Purity of elements + Reduced mana + Blood Magic (or without BM if you have the mask).

This combination will cost more than 75% of your health and you will achieve the same effect.

To find out how much health/mana a aura will reserve, simply hover your mouse over the skill on your skill bar and look at the "Mana Reserve" tooltip. If low life is below 35%, you need auras that add up at least 75% of mana reserved.

Bandits:
Kill all.
8% extra resistance is not really that important when you can run purity of elements. Casting speed from Alira gives too little of a bonus to make a difference.

How to quickly level up a newly created witch:

Simply start playing, do the quests and try to get your hands on Arc and Flameblast as soon as possible. Those two are a part of quest rewards and you will be able to get them upon progressing further into the game. With Arc your normal mob clearing speeds will get really fast and with Flameblast you will be able to 3-4 shot any boss all the way to normal difficulty Dominus.

How to distribute skill points in early levels:

Spoiler
When starting out, you should focus on getting near Ancestral Bond node, so that when you get Soul Mantle, you can pick that node and start using triple totems.

For example:
Here's how it should look like after you've invested 22 skill points:

You will have loads of DPS for your level, if you use Arc as your main skill. Your clearing speeds should be really fast and leveling quick shouldn't be a problem.

After that, you should start focusing on nearing Ancestral Bond node.
Example:

That's after 46 points invested. Now at this point, you're nearing the lv49 mark and you should keep few skill points in reserve, so that you can pick Ancestral Bond node after you equip soul mantle.

After you equip soul mantle and start power-grinding, you can follow the final tree path, provided in my original first post:

How to properly use 300% rarity and farm efficiently:

Spoiler
1. Recipes
To properly utilize all the rarity you get, you need to know few things. The first and most important thing, is Chaos orb recipe. Basically, you farm a set of items and then sell them to any NPC vendor to get 2 chaos. Item level has to be lv60+ for each item though, to find out item level, simply click on the item, so that it hovers on your mouse and then type /itemlevel in the chat.

Here's a video of an item set example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO9mimNxIug

Another way to quickly farm currency, is by picking up 5Linked; 6socket or 6linked armor/weapons. They sell for good price, but are quite rare to find.
6 socket armor is probably the most common thing you will find. But don't try to make it 6 Linked ! Unless you know what you're doing! It's better to vendor the 6 socket item and receive 7 Jeweler Orbs!

Then there's the Red-Green-Blue 3 socked linked items. If you sell one of them to a vendor, you will receive a Chromatic orb in return!

Also visit http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes for more vendor recipes.

2. Which items are valuable, and which are not.

For rare armor, the best stats to look out for, are triple resistances and added health. The higher stats, the better. If it's energy shield armor, the idea is the same, but only with energy shield instead of health and with resistances.

For weapons, the best stats should always be added physical damage/attack speed/global critical chance/critical multiplier

For magic weapons, like wands, the best stats will always be increased spell damage/cast speed/global critical chance/fire;lightning;cold % damage.

If you get unique items, please don't spam chat with price checks. There is a wonderful and beautiful site, called http://poe.xyz.is/. Simply type the exact unique name in the search tab and then all you have to do is press enter! Then you'll see for what kind of prices other people sell the item you have! Isn't that great? It's faster than waiting for someone to reply you on global chat!

3. Checking vendors after each level up.

This is one of the most important things people usually don't do! This only gets worth the time when you start Cruel difficulty.
Basically what you do, is, whenever you level up, you have to visit each act town and check NPC vendors for the stuff they sell. Sometimes, they can sell 6 socketed items! That means, you get 7 Jeweler orbs for 1 transmutation! And sometimes, they even sell 5L or 6L items!

But most commonly, you'll find the Red-Green-Blue socketed items, which you can buy for 1 transmutation and sell it back to NPC for 1 chromatic! But be careful, sometimes the R-G-B items cost 2 Alterations and then it is not worth it.
Last edited by FunkyDonkey on May 4, 2014, 2:50:55 PM
Chaos damage will kill you in end game though, so mapping might be tough without shavronne's
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
That's what I stated in the Cons list.

Most maps are fine, 66-71 are completely solo-able even with elemental reflect ! (challenging, but possible).

I have not tried higher level maps yet, but by playing smart and expecting what's in each map, chaos damage means nothing.

Also, this was never meant to be an end-game build, simply a build to farm quick currency. Currently, I'm not complaining and will be able to buy another andvarius ring just from the few days I've been playing this build. :)
3k es? or 2k? ))
add video Dunes Map pls)
"
3k es? or 2k? ))
add video Dunes Map pls)

2K at the moment, more than enough.

Here's the dunes gameplay, fully cleared in under 5min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoaVtfthFFk

First post updated with gameplay video's.

Does the Blood-Magic-Aura-Trick with Malachai's Simula (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai%27s_Simula) and The Covenant (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Covenant) still work ??

Without equipping the item constantly ?
Last edited by Du5chl4mp3 on Apr 29, 2014, 2:58:41 PM
This is interesting. Care to elaborate on which passive modes to take first?
"
Du5chl4mp3 wrote:
Does the Blood-Magic-Aura-Trick with Malachai's Simula (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai%27s_Simula) and The Covenant (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Covenant) still work ??

Without equipping the item constantly ?

Yeah, it still does work. I'm still using it and it works.

"
This is interesting. Care to elaborate on which passive modes to take first?

Picking correct starting nodes is simple, just try to get all the nodes all the way up to Ancestral Bond, but don't pick AB node until you can equip Soul Mantle (level 49), or until you can afford the soul mantle, because two totems is not good enough and you can deal more damage with simple arc + flameblast combo. After that it is simple as well, just pump spell damage / lightning damage or cast speed, or if you don't like 30% damage boost on low life and 100% rarity, you can even pick CI to nullify chaos damage and still have over 200% rarity.

I'll update the guide in future with more info! :)
hello, I'd like to try this build, can you post the leveling tree?
So I'm curious cause I'm looking for a decent mf build on ambush. How do you fair again piety/dom solo? Not to worried about high lvl maps but more for chaos recipe farming and unique drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info