Fusing improvement coming?

"
Veruski wrote:
"
Well atleast now we know having 20% quality before fusing more than doubles your chance to link.

it's a scam/lie

used 150 fusings with 20Q each time on a white high level 6S (that's like 600 scraps)

didn't even get a 5L

until they actually make it so you can consistently improve your chances, it's all bullshit and lies.

it's just too variable. some rando lucky newb will 6L something i 1 fuse.

100 other people will not get a 5L after 200+

entropy inside the universe of PoE all evens out. for one person to be lucky, a shitload of people have to be unlucky.

Just because you still didn't get a 6L doesn't mean it's a lie. If I can change a 1/20,000 chance of something into a 1/8,000 chance of something, that's pretty significant even if you're still unlikely to actually be successful. (Note: Those are just example numbers I made up, I'm not claiming they are the actual fusing chances)

I should also point out that I've been deciding to quality stuff lately and I have been getting 4L's WAY more often.
Last edited by Bunnu on Apr 26, 2014, 12:48:03 AM
I remember there was an old Developer post about fusings, maybe a vendor recipe or something.

Edit: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48468/highlight//page/1#p623946
Last edited by Meridin on Apr 26, 2014, 1:19:35 AM
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Well atleast now we know having 20% quality before fusing more than doubles your chance to link.

it's a scam/lie

used 150 fusings with 20Q each time on a white high level 6S (that's like 600 scraps)

didn't even get a 5L

until they actually make it so you can consistently improve your chances, it's all bullshit and lies.

it's just too variable. some rando lucky newb will 6L something i 1 fuse.

100 other people will not get a 5L after 200+

entropy inside the universe of PoE all evens out. for one person to be lucky, a shitload of people have to be unlucky.

Just because you still didn't get a 6L doesn't mean it's a lie. If I can change a 1/20,000 chance of something into a 1/8,000 chance of something, that's pretty significant even if you're still unlikely to actually be successful. (Note: Those are just example numbers I made up, I'm not claiming they are the actual fusing chances)

I should also point out that I've been deciding to quality stuff lately and I have been getting 4L's WAY more often.

How much quality have you been going to?

When I am linking 6s armors to sell (so stopping on any 5l) I use no scraps but when I'm linking something for personal use (I did my Shav to 6l ie, a few others now in Ambush) I go to 10% quality for each roll. (and I'm not stopping on 5l with those items - all the way to 6l.)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
ssaki wrote:
Yes, it's frustrating to sink all your currency in an attempt to make 6L if you (like me) have no that much time to grind thus 1000 fusings represent an insane wealth.

1,000 fusings is not a problem. Problem is when you're that unlucky guy who needs 5,000+ fusings.

I don't expect this will be any "6L is now 500% easier" BS, I hope that's not gonna happen, that's against what PoE stands for. Chris says "easier to work towards a six-link" - key words are "work towards". It should still be hard and we should still work for it. Really looking forward to see what they come up with, even small changes can make a big difference for those persistent players willing to do what's necessary.
"
Bunnu wrote:

Have you tried many items and has it made a noticeable difference for 5L/6L?

Btw, GGG should really consider allowing players to hit 20% quality with a single click. That alone could make a practical difference.
Well, the "work towards" phrase gives me hope that it will be less about skinnerboxing and more oriented towards real crafting. Althouh, entire PoE currency system is about skinner box, so why should this be any different?

Still, I am cautiously optimistic.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info