Fusing improvement coming?

"
Mahesys wrote:
Great other changes to make game easier, AGAIN

Any change GGG makes in this area will make you complain. They have had a mountain of negative feedback on this forever now and the only change they have ever made in regards to getting a 6L is armor scraps.
Standard Forever
Introduce a mod that
'increase chance of links occurring during fusing by xxx%'

There are generally few groups of people playing this game. With regards to the time involved there players that have a plenty of time to play and those who don't. With regards to trade - those very interested in it (be it RMT or not) and those who are not.

There is hardly a way to please everyone. Yes, it's frustrating to sink all your currency in an attempt to make 6L if you (like me) have no that much time to grind thus 1000 fusings represent an insane wealth. But then it will be annoying for someone invested lot of time to collect/trade for 10k fusings with the only intention to sell them if fusings' price drops like shit.

And, please, item quality is still the same RNG and sucks greatly :) Exactly this broke my own desire to continue playing. In 1000 attempts to fuse, using thousands of armorers (200+, prob 300 attempts at 10%) I've got only 3 5L and none of them was when trying to fuse with quality.

IMHO the only method to please (or at least not frustrate) all groups of players is to apply some sort of pseudo-RNG algorithm which has diminishing returns. e.g. it will be relatively easier to craft one or two 5Ls and not that insane luck to hit a 6L once in lifetime and becoming progressively harder afterwards.

And hey, no surprise there, both GGG and players know this mechanic quite well - that's how experience works. GGG had not applied a flat 70% XP penalty for all because getting to lvl 100 should be hard, right? :) Well ... doing the same in other areas could prove to be better than plain flat RNG in terms of reducing frustration while still requiring lots of effort to create really powerful character with gear that makes others piss in their pants.

As for the 6L - yes it's actually required in end game, problem is that everyone and their mothers when imaging crafting 6L mean crafting top tier shit, and not everyone has top tier shit nor they should have.

Build diversity and crafting make this game unique, not the urge to mindlessly grind hundreds of hours :)

I wouldn't say 6l is required for every build

I myself haven't needed to use any non tabula rasa 6l for anything

ever
what about keeping it like it is, make it even harder to make 6-links
and give us a 6-link weapon tabula rasa 0 dps 1.1aps 5%crit
and/or increasing the tabula rasa drop chances

a 6-link anything should not be completed that ezz.
if everybody can have all unique armors, 6-linked, the game is not getting more fun.
and if do so, at least gives us a 7-link tabula rasa upgate
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
You used "if you don't die" as a qualifier to support your position that 6L's don't affect difficulty?

I used the "not dying" part as a means to say "you have sufficient ehp value's".

I thought that was clear from the context since that is what "not dying" in reality is.

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Well yah, if we take dieing out of the equation nothing in this game affects difficulty.

Agreed, the game is stupidly easy once sufficient EHP is reached. Exactly my point and the reason why a 6-link doesn't make the game easier, just faster.

Most combat difficulty is just a ehp check. And more precise difficulty can be overcome by that same EHP check.(as in = if your ehp is sufficient, you don't even need to skill play certain fights because there is no danger of dying)

For example the atziri fight and her flameblast. Requires good movement skills to counter and reflexes.

However, once 100% fire resistance is reached, that difficulty is nullified.

Why do you think block-builds are so popular? they nullify the necessity of skill and reflexes.
(there are other factors why this is desired as well i am aware)

To give you an example, i played with a friend who made a block build, that guy went afk in a palace map with 90%+ iiq. He took a dumb on the toilet and returned 9 minutes later, surrounded by 2 rares and a blue pack.(they had been hitting him for over 5 minutes, because i let them, was hoping he died lol/ambush league btw im no griefer)
And this is suppose to be the most difficult content currently available.

Now would it mater if he had a 4-link or a 6-link? Not at all, since he doesn't receive any real damage/treat he could wack the enemy's down with a fucking rusted sword. Apart from taking a very long time, nothing changes.

tl;dr not dying = sufficient ehp, once that is reached all difficulty is nullified in PoE, a 6-link does not really alter that difficulty, it only allows faster clear speed and faster farming in 95% of the cases.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
tl;dr not dying = sufficient ehp, once that is reached all difficulty is nullified in PoE, a 6-link does not really alter that difficulty, it only allows faster clear speed and faster farming in 95% of the cases.

I cannot disagree with this unless time spent achieving x equals difficulty. Although that can be argued, I would side with you. Which is why I play HC, to introduce difficulty to the game.
"Fusing improvement coming?"

Yeah right. Sh*t ain't gonna change.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
The only people who dislike this improvement will be those holding precious 6 linked items that they bought at high price or trying to sell such item at a significant price in the market. Same goes to people with lots of fusing in inventory, afraid of the changes hammering down their wealth only.
In nutshell, only people who thirst for wealth will deny this changes.

Screw Rich be Richer, Poor stays Poor.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Apr 25, 2014, 6:59:26 PM
"
The only people who dislike this improvement will be those holding precious 6 linked items that they bought at high price or trying to sell such item at a significant price in the market. Same goes to people with lots of fusing in inventory, afraid of the changes hammering down their wealth only.
In nutshell, only people who thirst for wealth will deny this changes.

Screw Rich be Richer, Poor stays Poor.
RNGesus my best friend !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info