Triple ice spear totem witch [need help with build]

"
Droggeltasse wrote:
I had a build like this before they introduced the +1 totem armor, but even now i would not recommend it for the build. The low stats and negative effect is really hurting and casting 3 totems is a pain and you could use the time much better for curses.

With my double totem setup I was free to do other things so going for 3-4 curses is a great choice. (windscream and doedre ring and possible skill the curse cluster)

This will deal even more damage then 3 totems(crit weakness, eleweakness, frostbite) or if you swap in defensive curses like temp chains and enfeeble makes it much more safe.

But I dont know if you could get the curse cluster since even now your build lacks more ES nodes in my opinion. This is also a argument against Taryn´s since you would loose 400+ ES shield before modifiers wich is alot.

The multicurse setup will also make you quite an asset for any party. A setup like Temp Chains+Enfeeble+Ele Weakness on top of the constant freeze of your totems can make even very hard maps very easy and running 2 extra damage curses can probably double the damage of the entire party.

I like the idea of 3-4 curses but with windscream boot i loose another source of ES. Anyway if you think is reliable for high level maps (party) it would be nice to have a passive three of a 3/4 curse with dual ice spear totem (taryn's or not).
"
kompaniet wrote:

Which ones do you mean? I am unsure what it is you want to know. Maybe i can be of further help.

Why did you drop the idea of soul mantle?

I dropped the idea of soul mantle because it's dangerous for high level maps and i always have to take care removing lvl 20 curse with flask. Yeah, i didn't explain as my best i was studying :), i meant: every cold witch can be fine, if possible with dual totem ice spear if not, a self caster too with freezing pulse, just looking for a good cold witch reliable for high level maps.
With a 6L Taryn's and an Ice Spear build, I can't help but think that it's only good as a Utility build..

A self-casted Ice Spear can perma-freeze 76+ Map Bosses, as well as give 20% Increased Damage to allies.

And you could have an Ice Spear Totem on the side for AoE DPS.

You could also go Life, if getting the necessary ES is hard. But who needs Life/ES when you Freeze everything? :P

And I wouldn't waste time with Power Charges to be honest, Ice Spear's second form Crit is nearly 100% without Charges. Focus more on Multiplier, not Crit Chance. Serpent Stance is the best Cluster in my opinion, especially if you're using Taryn's.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
With a 6L Taryn's and an Ice Spear build, I can't help but think that it's only good as a Utility build..

A self-casted Ice Spear can perma-freeze 76+ Map Bosses, as well as give 20% Increased Damage to allies.

And you could have an Ice Spear Totem on the side for AoE DPS.

You could also go Life, if getting the necessary ES is hard. But who needs Life/ES when you Freeze everything? :P

And I wouldn't waste time with Power Charges to be honest, Ice Spear's second form Crit is nearly 100% without Charges. Focus more on Multiplier, not Crit Chance. Serpent Stance is the best Cluster in my opinion, especially if you're using Taryn's.

Serpent stance is a good idea. Honestly i'd prefere 2 totems or full self-cast ( with freezing pulse), ice spear in my opinion is not as good as freezing pulse to cast. Could you post a passive three of CI dual ice spear with cirt multiplier?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info