Triple ice spear totem witch [need help with build]

Up
Up
Up
Up
"
Funghy wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a build (standard) by myself for the first time and i'm not sure of which are must have nodes and which are to avoid. The build should be a CI triple ice spear totem based on Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe chest, that gives +1 additional totem. I may consider using Taryn's shiver but i think that even with Taryn's the build shouldn't be different from this one. Before posting link to the passive three attemp i would list my doubts:

- The energy shield is very low considering that the chest should be the main ES source. It's really worth to use soul mantle as endgame chest?

- Always on soul mantle: i'm not sure on level 14 spell totem. It's 6 levels from max, will i notice many difference from a level 20 spell totem?

Here's the passive three at level 82 (104 points): keep in mind that this it's my first try

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4EBwVCB2MOSBBpES8RUBGWFdcWQBa_F1QX2BpsHwIigSepKU8qEyycLKcsvzCXNsU5ijrYO-FBlkLDRtdMs03YUDBWSlZjVytZ81orXcZd8l5dXvpfKmNDZp5tGXBScNV_xoIQgpuFfYauiEKIa4t6i4yMNox2jjyOZJUEnaOdrp6hoqOj8qcIpyunlK6zr5u1BLb3tvq4k7vWwBrAUcHFwfPDE8Nt0DnR_deG2CTbXt-E37Dhc-L344TkIuaB6-TsGOw47SDyHfPq96b8qw==

Lvl 14 totem is just a little weaker than a lvl 20 one. That's about it. I think you will be fine. Might be better to go life based since you can't use a shield and will have rather low es with soul mantle.

Well unless you have a good es helm, boots and gloves maybe even belt too.

It says on spell totem: 50% less Damage. So i suppose casting two totems will equal the same damage as if you would cast the linked spell once yourself. Unless there is more to it than that.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 22, 2014, 6:31:18 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Funghy wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a build (standard) by myself for the first time and i'm not sure of which are must have nodes and which are to avoid. The build should be a CI triple ice spear totem based on Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe chest, that gives +1 additional totem. I may consider using Taryn's shiver but i think that even with Taryn's the build shouldn't be different from this one. Before posting link to the passive three attemp i would list my doubts:

- The energy shield is very low considering that the chest should be the main ES source. It's really worth to use soul mantle as endgame chest?

- Always on soul mantle: i'm not sure on level 14 spell totem. It's 6 levels from max, will i notice many difference from a level 20 spell totem?

Here's the passive three at level 82 (104 points): keep in mind that this it's my first try

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4EBwVCB2MOSBBpES8RUBGWFdcWQBa_F1QX2BpsHwIigSepKU8qEyycLKcsvzCXNsU5ijrYO-FBlkLDRtdMs03YUDBWSlZjVytZ81orXcZd8l5dXvpfKmNDZp5tGXBScNV_xoIQgpuFfYauiEKIa4t6i4yMNox2jjyOZJUEnaOdrp6hoqOj8qcIpyunlK6zr5u1BLb3tvq4k7vWwBrAUcHFwfPDE8Nt0DnR_deG2CTbXt-E37Dhc-L344TkIuaB6-TsGOw47SDyHfPq96b8qw==

Lvl 14 totem is just a little weaker than a lvl 20 one. That's about it. I think you will be fine. Might be better to go life based since you can't use a shield and will have rather low es with soul mantle.

It says on spell totem: 50% less Damage. So i suppose casting two totems will equal the same damage as if you would cast the linked spell once yourself. Unless there is more to it than that.

Hi and thanks for answer. I dropped the idea of soul mantle, now i just wanna know which cold witch can work better for high level maps, considering that i can even remove totems and go for freezing puls self cast.
Up
Up
"
Funghy wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Funghy wrote:

Spoiler

Hi and thanks for answer. I dropped the idea of soul mantle, now i just wanna know which cold witch can work better for high level maps, considering that i can even remove totems and go for freezing puls self cast.

Which ones do you mean? I am unsure what it is you want to know. Maybe i can be of further help.

Why did you drop the idea of soul mantle?
I had a build like this before they introduced the +1 totem armor, but even now i would not recommend it for the build. The low stats and negative effect is really hurting and casting 3 totems is a pain and you could use the time much better for curses.

With my double totem setup I was free to do other things so going for 3-4 curses is a great choice. (windscream and doedre ring and possible skill the curse cluster)

This will deal even more damage then 3 totems(crit weakness, eleweakness, frostbite) or if you swap in defensive curses like temp chains and enfeeble makes it much more safe.

But I dont know if you could get the curse cluster since even now your build lacks more ES nodes in my opinion. This is also a argument against Taryn´s since you would loose 400+ ES shield before modifiers wich is alot.

The multicurse setup will also make you quite an asset for any party. A setup like Temp Chains+Enfeeble+Ele Weakness on top of the constant freeze of your totems can make even very hard maps very easy and running 2 extra damage curses can probably double the damage of the entire party.
Last edited by Droggeltasse on Apr 23, 2014, 4:00:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info