Triple ice spear totem witch [need help with build]

Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a build (standard) by myself for the first time and i'm not sure of which are must have nodes and which are to avoid. The build should be a CI triple ice spear totem based on Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe chest, that gives +1 additional totem. I may consider using Taryn's shiver but i think that even with Taryn's the build shouldn't be different from this one. Before posting link to the passive three attemp i would list my doubts:

- The energy shield is very low considering that the chest should be the main ES source. It's really worth to use soul mantle as endgame chest?

- Always on soul mantle: i'm not sure on level 14 spell totem. It's 6 levels from max, will i notice many difference from a level 20 spell totem?

Here's the passive three at level 82 (104 points): keep in mind that this it's my first try

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4EBwVCB2MOSBBpES8RUBGWFdcWQBa_F1QX2BpsHwIigSepKU8qEyycLKcsvzCXNsU5ijrYO-FBlkLDRtdMs03YUDBWSlZjVytZ81orXcZd8l5dXvpfKmNDZp5tGXBScNV_xoIQgpuFfYauiEKIa4t6i4yMNox2jjyOZJUEnaOdrp6hoqOj8qcIpyunlK6zr5u1BLb3tvq4k7vWwBrAUcHFwfPDE8Nt0DnR_deG2CTbXt-E37Dhc-L344TkIuaB6-TsGOw47SDyHfPq96b8qw==

soul mantle is a pain to use imo, u would have to constantly keep curse immunity-mana flasks up not to catch the curses constantly.

if u also want to use taryns shiver, i think ES is wrong direction. u lose shield slot and got a weak ES armor then, so not much ES

i also read somewhere that spell totem isnt in the best shape at the moment, DPS-wise, but thats nothing i have own experience on.
other totem builds are more common tho.
u could search for "greatonepoe" or sth like that, was a streamer with freezing pulse totem build in invasion, not much more info i could provide
"
MDGeizt wrote:
soul mantle is a pain to use imo, u would have to constantly keep curse immunity-mana flasks up not to catch the curses constantly.

if u also want to use taryns shiver, i think ES is wrong direction. u lose shield slot and got a weak ES armor then, so not much ES

i also read somewhere that spell totem isnt in the best shape at the moment, DPS-wise, but thats nothing i have own experience on.
other totem builds are more common tho.
u could search for "greatonepoe" or sth like that, was a streamer with freezing pulse totem build in invasion, not much more info i could provide

Thanks for the reply. I had that feeling about soul mantle and, as you say, it cannot works good with taryns shiver if i go CI. I already got a Taryn's shiver and i love cold witch so i think i'll go with it, if necessary even without totems. The problem is that both life and energy shield can't work fine with soul mantle, so what about just using 2 totems and focus the chest on energy shield? Otherwise, is it possible to make an endgame cold witch using Taryn's shiver as main weapon?
Up
Up
Up
You missed the three most important nodes in the entire game, why? Those flask nodes are infinitely helpful for all builds.

You also didn't grab Elemental Adaptation. Why?

i would completely drop the soul mantle idea, taryn's shiver is usable imo and possible to buld with ES. the benefit of it is that extra freeze chance and inc dmg vs frozen enemies (which also affects your partys damage vs frozen enemies). i have mostly seen it in templar/marauder life blood magic cold builds, second benefit is ofc having 2 5-6links if u can use em

however u need a good es chest, and will lose some pure DPS (shield+1hand provides more spell damage) as well as some block and some energy shield from gear. ES shield with the block nodes near templar can give another significant boost to your ES pool if u get a decent one. or if u dont u can use rathpith globe+rainbowstride for some spellblock.

that said ur tree a little optimized u could build without soul mantle, with taryns, but be aware its not a cookie cutter build atm unless u gear well
Last edited by MDGeizt on Apr 22, 2014, 4:24:20 AM
"
Natharias wrote:
You missed the three most important nodes in the entire game, why? Those flask nodes are infinitely helpful for all builds.

You also didn't grab Elemental Adaptation. Why?

As i said, i'm not sure about which are important nodes. I'll consider Elemental Adaption.
Which nodes you mean when you talk about flask nodes?

"
i would completely drop the soul mantle idea, taryn's shiver is usable imo and possible to buld with ES. the benefit of it is that extra freeze chance and inc dmg vs frozen enemies (which also affects your partys damage vs frozen enemies). i have mostly seen it in templar/marauder life blood magic cold builds, second benefit is ofc having 2 5-6links if u can use em

however u need a good es chest, and will lose some pure DPS (shield+1hand provides more spell damage) as well as some block and some energy shield from gear. ES shield with the block nodes near templar can give another significant boost to your ES pool if u get a decent one. or if u dont u can use rathpith globe+rainbowstride for some spellblock.

that said ur tree a little optimized u could build without soul mantle, with taryns, but be aware its not a cookie cutter build atm unless u gear well

Ok let's drop soul mantle idea. My intent was to build a decent build for high level maps too, so i'm open to everything, also to drop taryn's shiver. I can consider removeing totems and going for pure freezing pulse build if this can boost my DPS and survivability. Is there some notable cold witch build that can run well high level maps?
Up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info