[Official] WINE info thread

I'm running KDE on my Chromebook Pixel through Crouton. Trying to get the game running through Wine using Play On Linux, but I'm running into this error:

"Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available."

The Pixel has Intel Core i5 processor and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. Any thoughts?
Last edited by KalROFL on Oct 19, 2013, 3:56:46 PM
i honestly spent all day trying to get this to work.

how frustrating... haha. jeeze. i can't believe what a waste that was.

went through every tutorial on here it seems like.

the game doesn't crash on me with "final 3d..." thing anymore, just the screen wont refresh.
I've got music at least...That's nice.

I'm going to go get drunk now, this is rediculous.

seems to be working, i just have 0 frames per second.
if i close it and open it again the screen will have changed.

ideas?
OH MY GOD IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING!

i had the blank screen game running (could hear music but just black frozen screen) and tried opening the debug up and it was showing "d3d something unmarked flags" over and over stacking up then suddenly it changed and works for NO reason!

yahoo! i guess posting here was the trick :)
cheers guys, i'm loaded AND start a new character. day well spent.

edit:

fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.

edit: oh my god it just crashed on me when i entered the world. this...this is too much
Last edited by sans_terre on Oct 19, 2013, 7:27:08 PM
Just in case it helps anyone using Linux that is trying to install Path of Exile....

Here is the guide I used, http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/path-of-exile-guide.236/page-2 , In the comments below is some good info too. I use Play on Linux to setup WINE, I just find it easier.

I've been playing for about 2 weeks now, for hours at a time. Plays great for me. I have the occasional lag spike, but they have always been short enough where I have survived them. Never died due to lag spike yet.
Dell Latitude E6420
Intel i5 2.4 GHz w/ 5 GB RAM
Intel HD 3000
Ubuntu 13.04 running Cinnamon 2.0.2 desktop
"
KalROFL wrote:
I'm running KDE on my Chromebook Pixel through Crouton. Trying to get the game running through Wine using Play On Linux, but I'm running into this error:

"Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available."

The Pixel has Intel Core i5 processor and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. Any thoughts?

Chromebooks are NOT PC gaming devices IMO. They're like super-weak laptops. I don't feel standard laptops are acceptable for gaming either, but that's an entirely different discussion.

There are some issues I've seen in the Support forum with the Intel HD 4000 graphics. Getting it to work seems to be hit or miss, and that's on Windows. I have no clue what the support is like for Linux drivers on that chipset.
"
Drakier wrote:
Chromebooks are NOT PC gaming devices IMO. They're like super-weak laptops. I don't feel standard laptops are acceptable for gaming either, but that's an entirely different discussion.

There are some issues I've seen in the Support forum with the Intel HD 4000 graphics. Getting it to work seems to be hit or miss, and that's on Windows. I have no clue what the support is like for Linux drivers on that chipset.

A Chromebook is just a laptop manufactured with ChromeOS. Technically, they're just like any other laptops. Of course, most of them are intended to be weak and low in price. The Chromebook Pixel, however, has pretty good specs.

Anyway, I'll keep trying. Thanks for letting me know about the HD 4000; that could explain the extreme difficulty I'm having.
I can start and play the game in a small window, but if I try to make the window bigger or click fullscreen it gives me the "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects" box and doesn't let me click "OK"

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can fix this?

I have AMD fx-4100 processor, geforce gtx 550ti video card, 8GB RAM.
To add to above, I am on Ubuntu 13.04 and Wine 1.6
"
haoletoke719 wrote:
I can start and play the game in a small window, but if I try to make the window bigger or click fullscreen it gives me the "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects" box and doesn't let me click "OK"

I'll be happy to help you with that.

Go to home/my games/path of exile

edit production_Config.ini

edit these lines:

fullscreen=true

resolution_height=1080
resolution_width=1920

(or whatever your monitor native resolution is)

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
haoletoke719 wrote:

I'll be happy to help you with that.

Go to home/my games/path of exile

edit production_Config.ini

edit these lines:

fullscreen=true

resolution_height=1080
resolution_width=1920

(or whatever your monitor native resolution is)

Thank you for your answer, however this did not work. You save as text file right? or ODF? That's what it asks me when I'm saving via LibreOffice Writer
Last edited by haoletoke719 on Oct 23, 2013, 1:53:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info