[Official] WINE info thread

"
nzskiing wrote:

then failed creating Direct3D device objects then

DXUT createdevice failed

This is a generic directx failure message.

It could mean that directx is not installed correctly on wine, or that your video card / driver combination does not support the features required by the game.

I don't think you mentioned what video card / chip you have. Older Intel video won't work for sure, newer Intel is iffy I hear. I use a discrete Nvidia card with proprietary driver 310.44.

Do other directx games work for you on wine?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nzskiing wrote:

then failed creating Direct3D device objects then

DXUT createdevice failed

This is a generic directx failure message.

It could mean that directx is not installed correctly on wine, or that your video card / driver combination does not support the features required by the game.

I don't think you mentioned what video card / chip you have. Older Intel video won't work for sure, newer Intel is iffy I hear. I use a discrete Nvidia card with proprietary driver 310.44.

Do other directx games work for you on wine?

i think i instaled direct x and my graphics card is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300] (rev a1)
"
nzskiing wrote:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300] (rev a1)

Laptop - I think we have had some issues getting laptops to work.

That said, you can check to make sure that any toggle is set to use your discrete video rather than onboard. Some laptops have an option to switch between them for power saving.

Next, CONTROL + ALT + T

type: nvidia-settings

enter...

...if the Nvidia X server settings box does not come up, you don't have the video card driver installed correctly.

If you are on a 64 bit OS you would need the correct 32 bit libraries installed as well. This occurs by selecting the option to install the 32 bit libraries during installation of the video card driver. It may occur automatically if you use the build-in additional drivers facility in distros such as Ubuntu.

You could try the ia32-libs package.

Finally, make sure you follow the steps in detail in the guide regarding installation of directx via winetricks in your POE prefix.
Thanks for your reply i typed it in and i got the nividea x server settings:)

I installed direct 9 and all the other ones and still bringing up with the same errors?
Last edited by nzskiing on Aug 23, 2013, 8:05:08 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nzskiing wrote:

Laptop - I think we have had some issues getting laptops to work.

That said, you can check to make sure that any toggle is set to use your discrete video rather than onboard. Some laptops have an option to switch between them for power saving.

Next, CONTROL + ALT + T

type: nvidia-settings

enter...

...if the Nvidia X server settings box does not come up, you don't have the video card driver installed correctly.

If you are on a 64 bit OS you would need the correct 32 bit libraries installed as well. This occurs by selecting the option to install the 32 bit libraries during installation of the video card driver. It may occur automatically if you use the build-in additional drivers facility in distros such as Ubuntu.

You could try the ia32-libs package.

Finally, make sure you follow the steps in detail in the guide regarding installation of directx via winetricks in your POE prefix.

anything else i can try?
"
nzskiing wrote:

I installed direct 9 and all the other ones and still bringing up with the same errors?

Any other recent directx games run on that playonlinux prefix?

What version of wine? 64 or 32 bit wine?

Playonlinux configuration / click POE prefix, whatever you named it../ Wine tab / click configure wine

What does it say on the Libraries tab in the existing overrides box?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nzskiing wrote:

Any other recent directx games run on that playonlinux prefix?

What version of wine? 64 or 32 bit wine?

Playonlinux configuration / click POE prefix, whatever you named it../ Wine tab / click configure wine

What does it say on the Libraries tab in the existing overrides box?

nope only game is por,

i think 64 bit wine,

it says
vcomp100 native, bulitin
d3d8 bulitin
d3dx9_24 native, bulitin
msvcr100 native, bulitin
ioebak32 native, bulitin
"
nzskiing wrote:

nope only game is por,

i think 64 bit wine,

it says
vcomp100 native, bulitin
d3d8 bulitin
d3dx9_24 native, bulitin
msvcr100 native, bulitin
ioebak32 native, bulitin

Should say *d3dx9_36

Wrong version of directx.

Odds are that's your problem.

You can start fresh by moving the game folder out of your virtual drive directory and then just deleting the virtual drive and making a new one.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nzskiing wrote:

nope only game is por,

i think 64 bit wine,

it says
vcomp100 native, bulitin
d3d8 bulitin
d3dx9_24 native, bulitin
msvcr100 native, bulitin
ioebak32 native, bulitin

Should say *d3dx9_36

Wrong version of directx.

Odds are that's your problem.

You can start fresh by moving the game folder out of your virtual drive directory and then just deleting the virtual drive and making a new one.

okay i am doing that now.
What things do i need inside the library like dedx9_36 etc?
"
nzskiing wrote:

What things do i need inside the library like dedx9_36 etc?

My guide, if followed carefully, will put three entries in there:

*d3dx9_36 (native)
*msvcr100 (native, builtin)
openal32 (native, builtin)

The ones with asterisks are installed by winetricks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info