[Official] WINE info thread

"
grabben wrote:
Any wine user who has not got that error?

Probably not. Seems to be related to PoE and how it uses depth/stencil data with different renderers.
There is a bug reported (and confirmed) in wine about it (though reported with another game), it could be on either (or both) side.
For Sale: Parachute! Used once, never opened, little stained.
Last edited by gorkhawn on Jan 23, 2012, 9:18:54 AM
requesting a patched deb plz
Steam:Gonejah
"
CoanTeen wrote:
Since 0.9.5h I get:

Failed to initialize render subsystem.

Error. Anyone else got the same issue?

I Do! i know that version 0.95f still loaded (but crashed later)
i havent tried to play it since then but now (since the crashes were only at specific graphic affects (poison arrow and using a wand as templar)) i just wanted to try again out of desperation^^

But everytime i try i now get this error. Tryed reinstalling wine and stuff... but i fear its now complete incompatible
Its such a shame since it was running so good in Version 0.94 ;(

If anyone knows a solution to this problem i would be gratefull

greetings
M3ph
Last edited by M3phisto on Jan 27, 2012, 1:55:57 PM
Currently there is no solution, sadly.

We need to wait for patched wine - bug report has been made and confirmed. Could be the next PoE patch might help as well.
New patch 0.96 does not work for me. Trying to get latest 1.4 rc2 of wine to see if that helps.
Same thing. "Failed to initialise renderer subsystem.", a pop up error with 0.96 patch.

GA-G31M-ES2L (rev. 2.x)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (No overclocking)
Transcend DDR2 800 2GB
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GT430 1GB
NVIDIA Driver Version: 290.10
Slackware 13.37, 32-bit x86
wine-1.4-rc2 - binary txz (Slackware 13.37)
I have also been unable to play the game in 0.9.6 and the previous patch 0.9.5h. Using WINE with Ubuntu 11.10.

I was able to play up to 0.9.5g in glorious 1900x1280 full screen mode, so this is disappointing.
Yeah, this is sad. I also tried with lates wine 1.4 rc2, but that had the same problem.

I guess we need to wait until either side fixes the problem. I guess it will more on the wine side.
long time no see, it's me again. work has kept me busy, but I'm back for a bit.

I have the game working fine with a small wine hack, and I am working with GGG to (hopefully) have it fixed on the game side so that everyone will not have to use patched wine in order to play.

depending on the time taken to resolve this either I will post the patch in a day or two or there will be a game patch which resolves it. please be patient!
"
discomfitor wrote:

I have the game working fine with a small wine hack, and I am working with GGG to (hopefully) have it fixed on the game side so that everyone will not have to use patched wine in order to play.

Thank you. It's awesome to see you frequently contributing your time and help to this small community of POE gamers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info