[Official] WINE info thread

Do you think it'd be worth making a thread about the wand issue in the audio feedback section (or some other section)? It might get the issue more exposure, as I'm not sure how often the devs check this thread. I had a quick look, and it seems like the audio feedback section is more about the quality of the sounds rather than technical issues, but I'm not sure where-else the thread would go. GGG might be able to do something as the issue has been tracked down to pretty much the wand only, everything else seems to be fine.
"
apocolypse600 wrote:
...as the issue has been tracked down to pretty much the wand only, everything else seems to be fine.

For what it's worth, I also experience locking up/crashing with the ranger's arrow abilities (i.e. poison arrow, lightning arrow, etc.) This may be something funky going on with my particular wine config or sound card, as I haven't seen or heard others complain about crashes with ranger. I've tried marauder, duelist and templar (albeit at low levels, still) without an issue when casting spells and using abilities.
Moo.
"
Meliamne wrote:
"
apocolypse600 wrote:
...as the issue has been tracked down to pretty much the wand only, everything else seems to be fine.

For what it's worth, I also experience locking up/crashing with the ranger's arrow abilities (i.e. poison arrow, lightning arrow, etc.) This may be something funky going on with my particular wine config or sound card, as I haven't seen or heard others complain about crashes with ranger. I've tried marauder, duelist and templar (albeit at low levels, still) without an issue when casting spells and using abilities.

I am having this issue with my ranger also. When I use poison or lightning arrow abilities my game freezes. This only happens if sound is enabled.
Okay so it looks like it effects more than just the wand, my bad. However it's still a pretty narrow selection of sounds ( ranger bow skills / wand ), so it may still be something that could be looked at. Not that I'm saying GGG should spend dev time on trying to get the game working on unsupported platforms. It would be nice, but I imagine they have much higher priority things to work on at the moment. However if it's a simple fix that results in the game playing better on both Mac and Linux, that's a fair chunk of people that can now play the game almost hassle free (especially since some of those effected by this issue are supporters of some level).
I'm trying to install PoE via Wine on my MacBook Pro, following all the steps right until

wine msiaexec /a/"Users/username/Downloads/PathOfExileInstaller.msi "

but then it says cannot find L "C:\\windows\\system32\\msiaexec.exe", so how do i get msiaexec.exe and insert it into C:\\windows\\system32

By the way, i do not know whare is drive C in wine.

Last edited by Keith_Koo on Apr 14, 2012, 6:21:43 PM
"
Keith_Koo wrote:
I'm trying to install PoE via Wine on my MacBook Pro, following all the steps right until

wine msiaexec /a/"Users/username/Downloads/PathOfExileInstaller.msi "

but then it says cannot find L "C:\\windows\\system32\\msiaexec.exe", so how do i get msiaexec.exe and insert it into C:\\windows\\system32

By the way, i do not know whare is drive C in wine.

msiexec... get rid of the a
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
Je ne parle pas français.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
"
Meliamne wrote:
"
apocolypse600 wrote:

I also had crashes with Poison Arrow and Fire Arrow.
looks good
Is anyone running it under wine having issues with the patch updates? I usually need to delete the content.ggpk and re-patch every time :(
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
Is anyone running it under wine having issues with the patch updates? I usually need to delete the content.ggpk and re-patch every time :(

I've had some issues patching, but nothing as bad as deleting the content.ggpk was necessary. Sometimes it'll crash a little way through, but when it starts up again it should pick up from where it left off. Last patch took me a few goes for it to work, but eventually it did.

It also throws up errors about "content.ggpk being unreadable" or something like that, but I just ignore those and it seems to work just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info