[Official] WINE info thread

What exactly is causing the flickering on other versions?

Is there a patch for it or something?

EDIT: Used latest wine-staging 1.7.42 with the latest fixes and it works like a charm, better than on PoL
Last edited by Valentiino on May 4, 2015, 10:07:02 AM
You are running the Beta?
The bug is best described here:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35718
I use the patched version to run the regular game (which runs fine) but I can't get the Beta to run. The bug appears to be related to audio and not the above bug, but I can't get it to run unless the above bug is accounted for. Wine staging does have a patch for the above bug.
Last edited by CookieTough2 on May 4, 2015, 9:59:02 PM
So have you tried running with no sound?
From the winehq entry:
"
Override openal32.dll:
In winecfg, set the openal32 library to native,builtin or native. This prevents errors involving sound files at launch.
Unconfirmed: An alternative is to launch Path of Exile with sound off with the -nosound flag.

Refers to the released version, but might be useful for your sound issue.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
When will there be a native Client? I’m sick of this stuff.
Good news!!! With the latest patch on June 7th,
the Beta client is working for me.
Wow... I didn't think that running PoE in a Windows emulator was ever a smart idea. I mean Windows PoE has many frame rate lags now so trying to run in wine would make PoE even slower. I think it more enjoyable to drink wine while playing PoE that to try to get PoE to play smoothly in it. I hit the desync wall of frustration all the time in Windows 7 PoE so why amplify the problems?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
path23leech wrote:
When will there be a native Client? I’m sick of this stuff.

I know "never say never" but there is slim to no chance of there being a Linux version of PoE. It's taken well over 2 years just to get to the point where we can play PoE with little to no desync. So don't bet on there being a Linux (or any other game console) version of PoE. It's as rare as a triple crown horse race winner.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I've noticed that with the latest nVidia drivers (I'm on Debian testing) there is a problem with the frame rate.
I am getting really low fps and there are times that the latency between frames jumps up to 2.500 ms, that's a screen freeze which did not happen with previous versions of the driver.
The wine version is the same in both cases.
I am trying to get the 1.7.45 to work right now.
Has anyone else had this problems with the update of his/her drivers?
I run a few old and new versions of wine and the problem persists with the frame rate.
The strange thing is that the iGPU from the 4700QM is actually more stable on the frame rate delta and the average frame rate is better than the GTX755m.
Shitty drivers, what can someone say about this?
It's a shame that we have to those bad drivers from nVidia.
Anyhoo, I will post any possible news on the subject as soon as I get it fixed.

(the 1.7.45 wine is not willing to cooperate with the game and my configuration)
Which drivers version You talking about? 352.21?
And did you try installing game in playonlinux?
Im running on those drivers with 1.7.45 staging for 32bit client, and 1.7.43-staging-LOL for 64bit.
Both works great. If you dont want to install POL and you know how to modify wine for same options like those two, maybe you can try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info