Atziri Feedback as 2h melee

"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
Ipeeps was one of the first 50 players to kill her in ambush, and did it as two handed cyclone without kaom. I have no idea why you would be needing immortal call. With ANY armor the bleed is very weak and a staunching takes care of it. The Elemental is a far bigger thread.

Here is his thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842168

Uber is a completely different story. Bleed will destroy you there. The fight is about movement skills.

He dies 5 times... and look at the fight in general, i think you can see my point at how insane it is for a melee 2h to do her, as i said its almost impossible to do it if you dont have 9k life, and even then youre close to dying most of the time

and if youre not using cyclone like me, its even harder to kill her

never mind uber atziri, that fight is not possible as 2h melee even with 9k life

Yeah he dies a lot but it was one of his first attempts and his strategy at the time was poor. Cycloning into the split phase is going to get you killed because you have to stay moving. If he had swapped to double strike for that part it would be doable. It will take turning off hatred or grace/determination and turning on purity of fire.

There are very few builds than can do her. Two hand melee is really going to need a kaoms and cyclone, while good for the sacrifice phase, is pretty bad for split and normal. Bow users are just as screwed if not more so because they have no movement skill. How do you think prolif and ignite builds fair against her? Not every build can do her without great gear.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Apr 21, 2014, 3:58:44 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:
What do you expect? The entire fight is nothing but a stupid gearcheck and /oos fest introduced by a grinding hell.

Do you really believe spamming AoE skills with 25k+ Base damage tests any skill?

"Hey look we balanced this fight around 90% resists and uber atziri at 95% resists. We are so hardcore"

Remember when GGG said "We don't want players to use the same uniques"? This is the biggest lie with Atziri.

Either you pass the gear check, abuse certain mechanics, abuse certain corner or hope you will never get hit.
Nothing of it is hardcore.

"I can't achieve anything so I'll just claim it takes no skill."

Hilbert the Genius :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Too bad for your troll attempt doesn't apply here.

I belong to the Top 10 racers of several classes but 2 some I don't really like.
I belong to the Top solo CT players.
I won 1 week Demis when 1 weekers weren't a 5/7 day online nolife fest and players had like 2-3 days at best.

I consider oneshot mechanics just as a poor way to pretend difficulty.
I hate this asiagrinder grinding level.

And I consider such 90% AoE oneshot bosses as a waste of time just like D3 HC Inferno back then.

The devs never played hard games. The believe a stupid "whack dead" mechanic makes the game hard.
I can give you safegames of really hard games and the only thing trolls like you will think is:"How is that even possible, while breaking in sweat"

PoE is just plain boring "Go ranged/abuse mechanics/grind your brain out or start RMTing to bypass gearcheck" games.

Hard games test the player.
PoE only tests gear and patience till you get pissed of the Droprates.

specific bosses require specific gear/build to kill... most ppl even leveled a new character to be able to kill atziri..
"
razl wrote:
specific bosses require specific gear/build to kill... most ppl even leveled a new character to be able to kill atziri..

Actually, that's what is annoying people most.

GGG changed the concept from easily accessed relatively hard boss (generous enough, a bit zombie farm grindfest), to oneshot gearcheck/buildcheck boss, that hides behind layers of rng, can't be killed by every build, can't be fast and repetitively farmed; behind first boss is hidden second one, that could be killed only by dedicated builds wearing top gear, boss drops insane OP items out of reach of more than 90% of the player base.

Most of the players don't even try to build around this fight, they just skip it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 22, 2014, 4:17:46 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:

just to make my point even clearer, this guy has the best 2h cyclone gear in the path of exile server and comes close to dying to her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-SxY1REVE

Godly gear doesn't make you a good player. Did you even watch the video? he doesn't even try to dodge flamebasts and storm calls. He doesn't have any topaz flask and no purity of lightining and fire which helps immensely for this fight. only useful aura he has is Vitality

i second what this thread is about (a very rare thing to happen). tried atziri two times with my incinerate witch and it actualy takes forever to down her to even 50% of her hp. i can facetank her in sacrifice phase but split phase is where 90% of builds will get screwed up because of direct unavoidable penalisation. it took me literally 30 mins both times for her to end the first split phase because of constant moving and inicinerate not doing enough damage at first. after that the human factor kicked in, i let my guard down for like two seconds and got cought in that red lightining strike followed by the big flameblast
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info