This game still frustrating?

well judging by the comments on desync I wont be coming back to this game, sad that they still havent improved the experience over time.
Nothing changed even devs claim that an insignificant increase like strongboxes or invaders helped
"
CantripN wrote:
"
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”

― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

We need more of this.

Unlike the model modern games strive for, in PoE the player is partly responsible for their experience, you choose your perspective and thus your experience.
Noblesse oblige
"
CantripN wrote:

Life is just as much of a grindfest, except it's way worse. So my point stands. Plenty of things can/should be better, and I'm outspoken about those, but that doesn't make this game bad.

Life IS pain, highness!

...or was it a highway?

Do you want to grind it all night long?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

Life is just as much of a grindfest, except it's way worse. So my point stands. Plenty of things can/should be better, and I'm outspoken about those, but that doesn't make this game bad.

Life IS pain, highness!

...or was it a highway?

Charan, I'm a PT. I handle pain for a living, so that quote made me giggle :D
Still, yeah.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

Life IS pain, highness!

...or was it a highway?

Charan, I'm a PT. I handle pain for a living, so that quote made me giggle :D
Still, yeah.

ParaTrooper? PyroTechnician? Parental Therapist?

Surely not Physical Trainer...!?

Anyway, was just being pseudo-silly with the two quotes. The truth is, every journey is its destination, and if you're not approaching games like that as well, if a game actually won't allow you to approach it like that, I'd posit you're not playing a very good game.

The problem with PoE is it doesn't make it clear enough. When you pick up, say, an Elder Scrolls game or any other sandbox experience, you're immediately in the mindset of 'freedom!' even though you know it's an just an illusion. With an ARPG, the treadmill should be much more obvious, but at the same time the freedom manifests in another way: character development. We have that, BUT not the freedom to enjoy its fruit freely, so to speak.

So the journey of PoE, the 'path', is all fine and well until you hit the wall. And that's where GGG's inexperience in game design becomes extremely clear. That wall should not be made of brick but of gelatinous goo. You're not meant to feel like you're banging your head against it and bouncing off; you're meant to feel like each attempt gets you that bit further through it.

Disparage Blizzard as we may for their post-WoW financial decisions, they still know how to make a great wall of goo for the endgame.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Physical Therapist, actually.

And I agree, plenty to improve. Doesn't discount from my joy in this game, flawed though it may be.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 20, 2014, 8:26:45 PM
[removed by support]
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 20, 2014, 8:45:55 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
Physical Therapist, actually.

And I agree, plenty to improve. Doesn't discount from my joy in this game, flawed though it may be.

...Huh! I didn't think of that one, but kudos. Noble pursuit.

And yeah, dig your approach to the game.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info